Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 Pairs of wheels Campag and DT Swiss

• 15-06-2019 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Need to make space for a new addition to shed, moved away from caliper brakes so these 2 wheels are up for grabs:

1st set 190 Euro

Dt Swiss 240s hubs
    Silver sapim spokes
    Mavic rims (Not 100% sure on the exact model)

Nice bulletproof wheels, very smooth hubs, under 2kg with the cassette attached.

11 speed shimano 105 cassette included.

Tyres or skewers not included.

2nd set 180 euro

Campagnolo Zonda wheelset, 2.5kg as is, with cassette, skewers, inner tubes and tyres.

Straight and very little wear on brake surface.

9/10 speed compatible. Campagnolo freehub

Continental gatorskin tyres, and cassette included

Also have a very good condition Brooks B17 in black that is spare - 50 Euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Have you an estimate of KMs clocked on first Shimano freehub wheels and some pics of same.
    I'm after going through the sidewall of my second set of Mavic Kysrium wheels this week so on the lookout for a replacement. Cassette would be of no use to me as still turning 9 speed.
    Also where are you based.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭randomstuff

Based in Dublin 15.

They are low mileage, I'll double check the rim braking surface with a straight edge tomorrow morning.

Pics https://m.imgur.com/a/ufdKWyQ

Rim brake surface has lots of life left. When I put a straight blade next to it, just about able to see light coming through.

Bid €150 for the DT Swiss hub wheelset without the cassette. Could collect today as also D 15 based
    Presume pretty standard axel lenths of 100mm and 130mm

Bid €150 for the DT Swiss hub wheelset without the cassette. Could collect today as also D 15 based
    Presume pretty standard axel lenths of 100mm and 130mm

Thanks for the offer. For a quick sale, if you can meet me in the middle at 170 I'd let them go.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the offer. For a quick sale, if you can meet me in the middle at 170 I'd let them go.

Going to stick firm at the 150 without the cassette. Have my eye on a cheap clearance set of Shimano wheels, granted not in the same league as yours but given I only got 18k km out of the last set of Mavics despite premium pads and regular maintenance they'd do.

Going to stick firm at the 150 without the cassette. Have my eye on a cheap clearance set of Shimano wheels, granted not in the same league as yours but given I only got 18k km out of the last set of Mavics despite premium pads and regular maintenance they'd do.

Yeah the hubs are fantastic quality - But, sure.

I've just put the ad up yesterday. If no other offers come in over next few days you can have them :) Do you mind waiting a couple days?

Yeah the hubs are fantastic quality - But, sure.

I've just put the ad up yesterday. If no other offers come in over next few days you can have them :) Do you mind waiting a couple days?

Yea no bother, I'm not in any rush to buy, have a 2nd bike I'm using in the interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

2nd set 180 euro

Campagnolo Zonda wheelset, 2.5kg as is, with cassette, skewers, inner tubes and tyres.

Straight and very little wear on brake surface.

9/10 speed compatible. Campagnolo freehub

Continental gatorskin tyres, and cassette included

I'm very tempted by these Zondas. Where are you based?

I'm very tempted by these Zondas. Where are you based?

Dublin 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Ribiaco

Hi,

I’m interested in the Zondas. How many kms have you clocked on them? Would you take €150 for them?

Thanks,
    R

Ribiaco wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m interested in the Zondas. How many kms have you clocked on them? Would you take €150 for them?

Thanks,
    R

No idea on km, but lots of life left in the braking surface and hubs smooth. Would like a bit more for them. How about 170? You can feel free to inspect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Offer asking for the Brooks if in VGC as described - can you post some photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ribiaco

No idea on km, but lots of life left in the braking surface and hubs smooth. Would like a bit more for them. How about 170? You can feel free to inspect them.

I can meet you halfway at €160 subject to inspection/test this week.

Pmed Ribiaco, matt bianco and Dr_colossus

Both Wheels and saddle sold to Ribiaco, matt bianco and Dr_colossus

Was a pleasure dealing with you guys. Enjoy!

Advertisement