Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nude sauna

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Are you the kind of person who says 'oh dear, modern medicine! I find it interesting that your treatment for this disease came from the same era and locations that gave us fascism'?

Is there a type of person who says that? Medicine is a science and as such its practicalities can't really be debated. Naturism and fascism are abstract philosophies which share some characteristics in that they promote an ideal which exists only in the head of those proposing it. They're both backed by woolly notions of physical perfection, of a 'purer' society/lifestyle, of a misplaced sense of superiority and of selective interpretation of history.
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

The fact thay you thought that they got boners or go to saunas to fill their - as you put it - "**** bank" really shows hom misinformed you are.

Where did I say that I think that? Malkmoose brought it up and the above quote was in agreement with him that it doesn't happen. Because I was in disagreement with you, you didn't even read properly but jumped into the standard defence of branding me a prudish, immature pervert. Naturists are supposedly such a liberal, tolerant group of people but in reality it's an overwhelmingly white middle-class pastime for politically conservative people.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,980 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

latenia wrote: »
    Is there a type of person who says that? Medicine is a science and as such its practicalities can't really be debated. Naturism and fascism are abstract philosophies which share some characteristics in that they promote an ideal which exists only in the head of those proposing it. They're both backed by woolly notions of physical perfection, of a 'purer' society/lifestyle, of a misplaced sense of superiority and of selective interpretation of history.

Where did I say that I think that? Malkmoose brought it up and the above quote was in agreement with him that it doesn't happen. Because I was in disagreement with you, you didn't even read properly but jumped into the standard defence of branding me a prudish, immature pervert. Naturists are supposedly such a liberal, tolerant group of people but in reality it's an overwhelmingly white middle-class pastime for politically conservative people.

Never said I was a naturist, so who's jumping in now?!

Anyway, i have been on nudist beaches, but it's a bit difficult to be tolerant when someone takes an immature approach which, I'm sorry, you did.
    I can guarantee their **** bank is full with busty 18 year old volleyball players.

That was you, not malkmoose.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

airman101 wrote: »
    but there's absolutely nothing sexual about naturism!! the crumlin swim has families that attend....

this is ah dont expect an intelligent answer from every one,especially not from me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭malkmoose

latenia wrote: »
    Naturism and fascism are abstract philosophies which share some characteristics in that they promote an ideal which exists only in the head of those proposing it. They're both backed by woolly notions of physical perfection, of a 'purer' society/lifestyle, of a misplaced sense of superiority and of selective interpretation of history.

Your argument here that fascism and naturism are the same because they are both abstract philosophies is not logically sound and a 'woolly' argument, with this argument Utopianism also fits your description. Anyway naturism has no connection with 'physical perfection, of a 'purer' society/lifestyle, of a misplaced sense of superiority' re read the link you posted to confirm this. It is more based in equality.

I also don't agree that it is confined to middle class politically conservative people but if it was then so what?

Saunas in Finland are not elitist, it is the great leveler in this country where everyone is equal. There is a great documentary about this that gives more detail:
    http://www.flixster.com/movie/steam-of-life-2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Anyway, i have been on nudist beaches, but it's a bit difficult to be tolerant when someone takes an immature approach which, I'm sorry, you did.

Well it's a bit hard to be mature when you're on a nudist beach with a hard on! :D

• Advertisement

steve06 wrote: »
    Well it's a bit hard to be mature ! :D

FYP!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Ya know, if we were a society of nudists, we'd be able to spot the paedophiles very easily.

So come on...protect the kids by getting your kit off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I don't know of any nude saunas in Ireland. Saying that, if there were, I wouldn't visit them. You'd always bump bits with someone you know!

Went to onsen in Japan (in the nip), great feeling of freedom, my little yellow friends didn't bat an eyelid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hmmm...... lot of latent perversity here, to be honest.

What is with a touch of the skin in Ireland?

What's the big deal?

Myself being a liberal kind of lad, have no difficulty whatsoever with nudity.

None whatsoever, in fact at a convention in Frankfurt not too long ago I needed a break from the hard trading I had encountered over the day and took myself to the Hotel sauna.

Now I was swinging 'heavy lead' as they say, talking baseball bat stuff here, but as I entered I was joined by all kinds.

Heavy ladies,full gutted, well thatched and pendulous, not afraid to spread their thighs and let the steam infiltrate their arse cracks, and lose the gee gunk from their fat pubes with no inhibition

Have to say no problem arose, everyone was at ease ,as it should be.

So nude saunas have no problem with the Flutt., no problem at all.

Why should it?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

Hmmm...... lot of latent perversity here, to be honest.

Myself being a liberal kind of lad, have no difficulty whatsoever with nudity.

Now I was swinging 'heavy lead' as they say, talking baseball bat stuff here, but as I entered I was joined by all kinds.

Heavy ladies,full gutted, well thatched and pendulous, not afraid to spread their thighs and let the steam infiltrate their arse cracks, and lose the gee gunk from their fat pubes with no inhibition

Have to say no problem arose, everyone was at ease ,as it should be.

So nude saunas have no problem with the Flutt., no problem at all.

Why should it?

well thatched both top and bottom, vielleicht!?
    so you'll be going back there again? ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I don's know if it's prudish or not, but Irish people are just not as comfortable or natural in the company of other naked people, especially not those of the opposite gender. It's either "I'd get excited!" or "all that flesh hanging out" which gives me the impression that you don't know how to conduct yourself in the that kind of company. It does strike me as childrish though.

Or the third option, it's just not my type of thing. If it's other people's thing that's fine. Not everybody has to like it, and the disinterest doesn't have to be rooted in prudishness or childishness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's a sight/experience I'd be willing to forego, despite the devastating risk of a drop in my sophistication rating... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If you like getting your kit off with other people, feel free to do so. But spare people that don't want to - for whatever reasons - the patronising assumption that they are uptight or prudish in some way.

Dudess wrote: »
    It's a sight/experience I'd be willing to forego, despite the devastating risk of a drop in my sophistication rating... :(

Fair enough.

You could be hanging 'bad beef' I believe is the expression.No worries there.

Get a bit of confidence girl, nobody will notice the droop and the slack bits.

Nobody's perfect;)

I'm referring more to the sight you described. My "beef" is still in pretty tidy stead...

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm referring more to the sight you described. My "beef" is still in pretty tidy stead...

:o

sorry , got it wrong there.

Erm.... I'll take your word for it..... sorry again.

And if it's "prudish", that implies nudity = sexual... yet I thought nudist events/gathering places were non sexual... so it's a bit confuzzling.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

:o

sorry , got it wrong there.

Erm.... I'll take your word for it..... sorry again.

What's with all the apologies Flutt'!?!:eek:

Not usually your thing? Or are you lining yourself up for an attack!?!:p

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    What's with all the apologies Flutt'!?!:eek:

Not usually your thing? Or are you lining yourself up for an attack!?!:p

No, au contraire, I always acknowledge when I think I am in the wrong.

Now that you mention it , there were two tonight, must be weakening.:eek:

I will always admit it if I think I'm wrong.

( could have another one to make on the would've thread)

prinz wrote: »
    Or the third option, it's just not my type of thing. If it's other people's thing that's fine. Not everybody has to like it, and the disinterest doesn't have to be rooted in prudishness or childishness.

Oh, I completely agree - it's just the reason I think it hasn't taken off here. I wasn't for one second suggesting that every Irish person who doesn't take to it is a pervert or a prude, but these attitudes do exist. Especially in rural areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭airman101

its just nudity and people are reading waaaayyyyyyyy too much into it!!!
    if your interested give it a go if your not interested thats ok too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Ive been sat here naked since this thread started and been aroused the entire time.................not one complaint:D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭malkmoose

its just nudity and people are reading waaaayyyyyyyy too much into it!!!
    if your interested give it a go if your not interested thats ok too!!!!

Spot on. Whatever you're in to, take it or leave it. I was just defending Nude Sauna's against people calling it elitist, fascist and painting it in a sleazy sinister light.

I can barely look a girl in the face when she has clothes on - never mind when she's in the raw. I wouldn't know what to be doing with myself in a nude sauna. Well I would but I don't know how much it would be appreciated! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

What is the protocol when you get a boner? Do you just cover it with a towel? Or do you politely excuse yourself and go blow your load in the jacks?

What is the protocol when you get a boner? Do you just cover it with a towel? Or do you politely excuse yourself and go blow your load in the jacks?

dont generally have that problem around older women and children to be honest....

dont generally have that problem around older women and children to be honest....

I would be trying so hard not to get a boner, not to have impure thoughts and not to look at anyone that I would just end up with the most raging stiffie of my life anyhow.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I would be trying so hard not to get a boner, not to have impure thoughts and not to look at anyone that I would just end up with the most raging stiffie of my life anyhow.

it just does not happen, trust me im sure every naturist has had that worry when they started out!!

• As airman says above it generally just “does not happen”. I have been in enough situations myself to be pretty confident this is true.

I have never had an issue with nudity but I think it might have a lot to do with when I was young. The group of friends I had at the time, male and female, were entirely ok with changing in front of each other, staying naked in front of each other, skinny dipping and more. I guess that just stuck with me.

Me and the girlfriends went to Germany as well - as other people on the thread have – and found exactly what is being described here. Mix sex saunas with people of all ages. I did not see any discomfort apparent on any faces nor any unwanted arousal. I did not see anyone there who was perving on any women, girls or children.

Recently in my house we were having a session over the Rugby. Few beers were had but not many and somehow a bet between the girls and the guys arose where in the Italy France game if Italy could win then the girls had to “get the kits off” for the rest of the night – and vice versa if France won. Of course most of us expected France to win but Italy pulled off the shock.

For the first… 10 minutes maybe the girls were in bits, giggles, shyness, covering up and the guys were doing some immature comments and the like. After this however things settled down and it just stopped being a real issue. Nudity and Sex are very much separable things and context is of massive importance.

Hanging out in a party… or a sauna… with people who are naked is not the tidal wave of arousal people are sometimes afraid it will be and although it was of course fun to be hanging out in a party where all the girls were naked… it certainly does not fit into the image that many people on the thread would likely have of it.

It is not for everyone of course and I have recently engaged in building an outdoor Jacuzzi in my garden for which I hope to have two “opening night” parties in June. The first of these nights will be “nude only” in the pool itself. The second of these nights is for those friends who just do not feel comfortable doing the nude thing. No one considers them “prudes” or any of the names being used on the thread. We just realize that nudity is not something everyone wants to share. We also realize that those who do want to share it with you are giving you a compliment different to many others in terms of the level of trust they have in you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Rabies wrote: »
    Irish people are generally too afraid to get naked with the lights on.
    Usually need to be drunk too.

Much better when you're not drunk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement