Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind / Rainfall Warning Mon 17th pm / Tues 18th am Dec 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Its been extreme all evening in South east Kerry.
    Some very very strong gusts at the moment,
    Way worse than Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Mathias Early Riffraff

sdanseo wrote: »
    Starting to hear gusts now in Dublin, just as I'm heading for the leaba. Not expecting anything earth shattering enough to stop sleep!

Peak rain&wind is 0600-0800 for Dublin, so a while to go yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Orange Marine Warning - no need for thread to change as does not affect land

Storm Force = F10, 89-102km/h mean winds so not unreasonable to expect isolated gusts exceeding 130km/h over M2 buoy
    https://www.met.ie/forecasts/marine-inland-lakes/buoys
    Status Orange - Gale Warning
    South to Southeast gales or strong gales tonight on all Irish Sea coasts and on the Irish Sea, possibly touching storm force locally in the East and South and in the Irish Sea. Winds abating from the West overnight and during Tuesday.

Issued: Tuesday 18 December 2018 00:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Sounds a lot wilder than it did at the weekend in South Kildare.
    It seems to be picking up and I think it will stay strong until 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,067 ✭✭✭Mech1

Sorry guys / girls, I havent been following this thread as i usually would.

Are the winds and rain in Dublin set to increase?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Mech1 wrote: »
    Sorry guys / girls, I havent been following this thread as i usually would.

Are the winds and rain in Dublin set to increase?

Thanks.

Beware high-side vechiles along Eastern costal routes 0600-0800+/-1.

Irony not lost on a night like tonight
    Roadworks on M50 (West) between J09 - RED COW and J10 - BALLYMOUNT from 22:00 on 2018-12-17 to 06:00 on 2018-12-18 Lanes affected: Hard shoulder, Auxiliary lane, Lane 1
    Weather Station Installation
    Roadworks on M50 (South) between J15 - CARRICKMINES and J14 - SANDYFORD from 22:00 on 2018-12-17 to 06:00 on 2018-12-18 Lanes affected: Hard shoulder, Auxiliary lane, Lane 1
    Weather Station Installation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

sdanseo wrote: »
    Irony not lost on a night like tonight

All for a good cause so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Sound worse than last Saturday here for the last three or 4 hours.

West of the Galtee mountains.

Irish Ferries operating 08.55 Ulysees from Dublin with 90 min delay

Inbound Stena operating at 03.00 ex Holyhead

2 major consequences (3 for me since I work in logistics, more work to do in the morning)

lots of seasick passengers
    lots of trucks heading to and from the ports between 0600-0800

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

This must be a very slow moving system, the worst winds have been sat on Kerry for about 6 hours now, its relentless. I would really like to share this with the rest of the country to so hoping it starts moving east soon.

Maybe it just seems slow moving because of its size.

The winds are still at their strongest, and its raining a lot heavier now, but we have power again.

600 ft ASL MacGillycuddy's Reeks - North of Sneem - Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Some very big gusts hitting Carlow now. Looks like its going to peak around 5/6am. A wild night. (Gusts loud enough to wake us up.)

Take care on roads in the early am. Could be quite a bit of debris/trees down after such sustained high winds throughout the night. I think Callum and Ali weren't even as strong and they left their marks locally. Will be interesting to see what max gust is at Villain's station tomorrow. (A little higher at this elevation i'd imagine.) Quite a howl and whistle outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I can hear stuff banging outside, just hope there is no damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Seems to be a lull now in N Kildare. Highest gust so far is 56mph. No substantial rainfall yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭highdef

Nothing untoward all evening in North Kildare. Quite windy but nothing compared to Deirdre. Having said that, the current trajectory of the wind means that I am being sheltered by a hill to my immediate south.

For Kildare^ it hasn't really started (0530+) and it won't be nearly as bad as actual coastal areas, unless elevated. But still worse than more central inland areas.

0600: 3eJEWXm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Thank goodness, all quiet at the moment in Kerry, I think its just slipped by us.

Off to bed now.

SB

600 ft ASL MacGillycuddy's Reeks - North of Sneem - Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Tazio

0200 CORK AIRPORT S 28 Gust 47 LIGHT RAIN

At time of posting experiencing some volient gusts now. Family all awake and up!!

92 m asl outside Riverstick Co Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Wind woke me here in Kilkenny. V v windy. As bad as the storm or worse id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

98kmh at mine now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Make that 100kmh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Portarlington, laois been getting good strong gust all night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Jaysus awful night here in Tipperary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Seriously windy here in Wicklow. After waking me. Sounds much stronger than deirdre.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Very bad here in Offaly. Wind woke me to the sound of my recycling bin blowing empty cans up along the drive!
    Dreading the mess out there tomorrow. Nearly went out there now but it sounds terrible so gonna wait till it passes and clean up in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭harr

Very strong wind all night here on the kildare/Laois border gusts are wild enough...well enough to wake the kids. I can here a lot of stuff banging about the garden.
    Definitely a lot stronger than the storm the other night, power starting to flicker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Woke up by rain and strong winds. 3am met reports Roaches point gusting 55 knots,Sherkin 54 knots,Cork airport gusting 52 knots, Casement 50 knots,Mace head 49 knots. A stormy night....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Awake all night. One of the worst nights ever in Cork. Just constant hammering of wind and rain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Damn gate still rattling, and driving rain beating off the bedroom window with frequent gusts, lovely sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Brutal in east galway, windows taking a beating!!

Advertisement