Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just one word for you - "Lush". Good grief, that place...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

New Home wrote: »

I start sneezing down the road from Lush :(

TA with my self imposed night time tea ban. I'm gagging for a mug of tea now but am sick of getting up to wee 2/3 times a night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Soggy croutons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

When you ask for salt and vinegar on your chips and you get quarter way down the bag and there’s none on the chips anymore :( I don’t expect them to get every chip but come on, tilt the bag and get it down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nah, this was actually worse than Lush if you can possibly imagine. It was like he bathed in those cheap nasty own brand orange bars of soap and put the residue bathwater through his hair for 'good' measure. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Whiplashy wrote:
    When you ask for salt and vinegar on your chips and you get quarter way down the bag and there’s none on the chips anymore I don’t expect them to get every chip but come on, tilt the bag and get it down there!

It needs the wee shake upon pouring.
    An essential part of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,128 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I remember I went in once to buy something small as a gift. The most over powering and annoying sales people ever.
    Another time they tried to drag us in off the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I don't know about Lidl but in Aldi the staff are timed and rated on their scanning speed. They're expected to scan 1,500 items an hour (pro-rata, obvs) and if you fall under that, it's a bollocking from the manager.

I worked in one for a grand total of a month a few years back when a whopper commute and the rat race finally got to me. Four weeks there sent me running back to the corporate world. Aldi work their staff incredibly hard so I'm happy to play the game to make life that little bit easier on them.

As I said, if you've an issue with the model, shop in SuperValu.

Yeah, I get all that, I just don’t like that they start before the other customer has left or before acknowledging me. My issue is with the shop’s policy but I don’t think I’ve ever had a build up or delay when shopping there.

Does everyone not bring three large “bags for life”, open them out in the trolley and just pack the shopping directly into the different bags accordingly? I’d have my items on the belt in bag order.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That stupid tv licence ad

"because that's one of the conditions of living in Ireland "

Ahhh piss off ya stupid clown 😡 !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just put on Newstalk radio to hear Mary Lou McDonalds voice...switched it off straight away...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

How does anyone bear to work there I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The following are NOT synonyms
    There - Their - They're
    Per se - Per say - Percy
    Thought - Taught
    Were - Where
    Moot - Mute
    Robbed - Stolen

The following are NOT synonyms
    There - Their - They're
    Per se - Per say - Percy
    Thought - Taught
    Were - Where
    Moot - Mute
    Robbed - Stolen

'per say' is just bad spelling and and somebody trying to be smarter than they are in reality.

I remember my typist a few years ago coming back to me with 'visa' in a few of my letters and then it clicked. I had dictated 'vis a vis'. This lady was a BSc graduate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

"Yay or nay".

It's fcuking "yea".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

How does anyone bear to work there I have no idea.

No sense of smell. It's the only plausible explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I remember my typist a few years ago coming back to me with 'visa' in a few of my letters and then it clicked. I had dictated 'vis a vis'. This lady was a BSc graduate.

The lexicon of graduates from certain fields can be quite limited. Engineers as well though I don't know if that's a function of the reporting they are required to do. Sat in on a Technical Report Writing course done through Engineers Ireland and they really do have to pare back everything. The likes of vis-à-vis would probably wind up wit ha red line through it upon review.

Still though, cop on and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Burned one side of my mouth on Monday and bit the other in my sleep last night.

The ability to bite the inside of one's own mouth should really be all the argument against creationism/intelligent design anyone needs.

The lexicon of graduates from certain fields can be quite limited. Engineers as well though I don't know if that's a function of the reporting they are required to do. Sat in on a Technical Report Writing course done through Engineers Ireland and they really do have to pare back everything. The likes of vis-à-vis would probably wind up wit ha red line through it upon review.

Still though, cop on and all that.

I do understand that certain phrases and words in my line of work are not used in others and I am sure I would scratch my head writing up a science paper.

What I found peculiar was that on reading the paragraph or sentence the word 'Visa' randomly appearing made absolutely no sense whatsoever so that really should have been a trigger to ask. But anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I was asked for someone's email address in an email. So I responded and, to get the person's address, I just added them as a recipient to the mail. And of course we all know what happened next. :rolleyes:

At least I didn't call her a raging lunatic in the email or anything so there's that anyway.

I find this in shops especially young girls- basically they couldn't be arsed to tell you the actual total at the end.

They just stand there in silence assuming that you will read the small screen over the till and just hand it over.

I will now stand there in silence also until they tell me. One day in a bad mood I just said "Am I supposed to guess the total or what?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,815 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I find this in shops especially young girls- basically they couldn't be arsed to tell you the actual total at the end.

They just stand there in silence assuming that you will read the small screen over the till and just hand it over.

I will now stand there in silence also until they tell me. One day in a bad mood I just said "Am I supposed to guess the total or what?"

This actually happened to me this morning , I had to lean over the counter to try see what the total due was , and then ask her as I couldn't see it properly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

When you're looking on the internet for a recipe for something but the websites are just too much hassle to scroll through...

* googles recipe. clicks on 1st link called maryskitchenrecipeblog.com *

"Hi, I'm Mary and this is the best XYZ recipe you will ever see!"

* scrolls past 3 giant hi-res picture of food *

"This recipe is so easy to use. You only need 7 ingredients"

* scrolls past 2 giant hi-res pictures of food and one hi-res picture of food with child standing out of focus *

"I make this for my family all the time and they always devour it!"

* scrolls past hi-res picture of barbecue on a sunny day despite recipe requiring a slow cooker *

"As well as being tasty, this recipe is also healthy and nutritious"

* scrolls past obvious stock photo of instagram model eating something but food is out of shot *

* eventually reach the ingredients list and recipe but suddenly a wild 'Subscribe To My Newsletter' popup appears and blocks fcukin everything*

:mad::mad::mad:

Christ I'm so ****ing hot. If I took off my boxers now and threw them against the wall they'd be stuck to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Christ I'm so ****ing hot. If I took off my boxers now and threw them against the wall they'd be stuck to it!

Yes thanks for that lovely image:D:D

dubstarr wrote:
    Yes thanks for that lovely image

You're welcome. :D
    Here's another for you...by the time I get home they'll be like a thong they'll be so far buried up me hole. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

You're welcome. :D
    Here's another for you...by the time I get home they'll be like a thong they'll be so far buried up me hole. :D

Ladies..... form an orderly queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I’m now picturing Borat in his mankini :eek: :D

You're all welcome.

Fartie, you've got a keeper there. And a washing machine to load...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I put my One4all voucher in my bag last night, delighted with myself for remembering it. When I parked up in town this morning there was no sign of it. I figured I must have taken it out by mistake when I took out my book and magazine to make more room before I left. I was raging but had to buy something to wear for a Communion at the weekend. When I got home there was no sign of the voucher anywhere. I went out to clean rubbish out of the car and there was the voucher under my seat. That's what I get for throwing my bag into the back of the car without zipping it up :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement