Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Wexforllion

Are there loads of council houses going in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

rcallagh wrote: »
    Hi,

Builders had snag list completed in just over a week. We did the 2nd check ourselves and there were no issues. From 1st snag to keys was about 4 weeks.
    Best of luck

Hi rcallagh

Thanks very much for the quick response. Hopefully everything will go nice and smoothly!

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpursLady

Born78 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    we bought in Rahillion Drive and for the unit - 13 to 19 should be going in snagging by the 3rd week of June.
    We have 2 daughters: 4 yrs old and 20 months and looking forward to meet new people.

Can I ask how did the snagging go? Thanks

SpursLady wrote: »
    Can I ask how did the snagging go? Thanks

Hi

We snagged recently on The Drive and the chap we used didn't find anything bar cosmetic issues and few small leaks around taps etc. Said that he had performed snags in a few of the houses and reckons the build and attention to detail in Rahillion is far superior to most new builds he regularly snags.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Would anyone know the square footage for the 3 beds off-hand? Looking to get quotes for flooring downstairs and carpeting on the hall, stairs, landing and bathrooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Would anyone know the square footage for the 3 beds off-hand? Looking to get quotes for flooring downstairs and carpeting on the hall, stairs, landing and bathrooms.

Look back through my posts on this thread. I put up the plans a while back and they have sqm per floor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Can I ask if anyone bought a 5 bed and if they're in it yet. What's the verdict?

I'm coming to the party very late on but I really like the look of the houses. If I'm to believe DAFT there is only one 5 bed left. I've left an enquiry with the agent but he's on annual leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Prashant Singhania

Homer007r wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a tiler that they have used before?

Which bin collection company would anyone recommend to sign up with?

Many thanks

Hey,

Tiler named <SNIP> worked at my home and i found him total unprofessional with no work ethics.
    One tile already broken in few months and multiple tiles making hollow sounds.
    I asked him to fix his own work and he refused on my face. Shameless fellow.

Just sharing whom not to go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Happy17

Hi,

I was just wondering if any of you have a copy of the floor plan for the type J four bed houses?
    Thanks a million

Happy17 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering if any of you have a copy of the floor plan for the type J four bed houses?
    Thanks a million

Here are some files I got from Fingal Co Co planning website. Hope it helps.

Anyone snagging/closing at the moment? We are still waiting for our snag date

• Advertisement

stiofan85 wrote: »

And the other one

19-23 Rahillion Way have started snagging. I’m in this block, my snagging is the end of July. Can’t wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RochelleDJ

HI All,

Not strictly house related, but does anyone have any updates on the creche which is being built on the estate ?

I have moved to Donabate but not Rahillion and really struggling with creche spaces/child care. I was told there is one being built in Rahillion so I was wondering if anyone has any updates/info ?

Any help would be very greatly accepted

Thank you so much in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gtj10

RochelleDJ wrote: »
    HI All,

Not strictly house related, but does anyone have any updates on the creche which is being built on the estate ?

I have moved to Donabate but not Rahillion and really struggling with creche spaces/child care. I was told there is one being built in Rahillion so I was wondering if anyone has any updates/info ?

Any help would be very greatly accepted

Thank you so much in advance

Hi,

I spoke to the builder last week to enquire about the creche, it will be built after the last phase of houses and likely finished around spring.

Hope that helps!

Quick one for those who have moved in: what's the water pressure like? Are showers pumped?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aaron134

Is there anyone that's moved into a three bed that can give me dimensions of the living room?

Looking to find the distance from the angle to the door opening as per photo on the wall where the couch is positioned?

Can someone PM me Gordon’s mobile please? Thanks in advance

19-23 Rahillion Way have started snagging. I’m in this block, my snagging is the end of July. Can’t wait :)

how'd the snag go? we're still waiting. I don't have his number unfortunately.

how'd the snag go? we're still waiting. I don't have his number unfortunately.

Snagging went well, Mostly cosmetic issues :)
    Hopefully you will hear a snag date soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4 James Flynn

Does anyone know if you can install a smart heating system for the houses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 1sttime1

Does anyone know if you can install a smart heating system for the houses?

Don't think you'd one with the heating system they have in there-we live around the corner in an older house and always admire their heating system its amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 James Flynn

1sttime1 wrote: »
    Don't think you'd one with the heating system they have in there-we live around the corner in an older house and always admire their heating system its amazing.

Ok - thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

houses hold heat exceptionally, you basically should have your temp set the wholetime at what you want. like house stays warm so no need to turn up and down, winter we pick a temp and leave at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

jester1980 wrote: »
    houses hold heat exceptionally, you basically should have your temp set the wholetime at what you want. like house stays warm so no need to turn up and down, winter we pick a temp and leave at that.

I'll second that, and worth mentioning for those waiting to snag that Gordon etc are good to deal with and were quick to fix any issues during and shortly after snagging. Plus we are happy with the house, as are people in the estate in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

We did our snag yesterday, my father-in-law who was a site foreman for years did it for us and was very impressed. He worked on loads of similar estates over the years and said he had never seen houses finished better.

Can I ask who did people go with for bins? Is Panda the only option?

Can I ask who did people go with for bins? Is Panda the only option?

As far as I know, Panda are the only option

• Registered Users Posts: 4 clairem123

Hi all, did anyone see the Facebook post by Senator Lorraine Clifford-Lee saying that the developers of Rahillion are trying to remove the requirement to build the crèche so they can build more houses!? This is the first I’ve heard of this, not sure if others who are already in their houses had this communication?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Hey, was actually me that got onto her, the planning approval went up Thursday night and someone sent on to residents so i let her know, in fairness to her she did upa big letter and posted to all residents, shes holding a meeting on Thursday.

Basically were the creche was supposed to be they are now changing to 2 houses. Alot of people had plannig on using that creche as at moment they are dropping kids to swords as donabate is full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 clairem123

Thanks for letting me know and for getting onto her! Great to see that it’s being taken seriously. I don’t live in the estate yet but I think I will attend the meeting, I would say the more representation we have the better. Thanks

Advertisement