Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisaeire

I too am starting on March 6th in the training centre then on to Ringsend like yourself Lola :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Best of luck to everyone going through the process, I've just recently been appointed (made permanent). Those who are starting all I'd say is make up your own mind on the job don't let any nay sayers make up your mind for you, personally I love the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jc13784

hi guys, does anybody know how many positions are available

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭bigredone

Posting about DB on Facebook/Twitter/boards and the like is forbidden by DB.

A lot of you here would not be hard to figure out who you are.
    If i was you ,close your account , you don't want to get fired over posting here do you?

bigredone wrote: »

If i was you ,close your account , you don't want to get fired over posting here do you?

Get a life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Has anybody applied without having the theory test and cpc done, with the recruitment deadline coming up should I apply and then do the tests or should I do the tests and wait for the next recruitment if there is one?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

Best of luck to everyone going through the process, I've just recently been appointed (made permanent). Those who are starting all I'd say is make up your own mind on the job don't let any nay sayers make up your mind for you, personally I love the job!

I totally agree im not appointed yet but totally agree what you say i love the job

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

Cocoon wrote: »
    Has anybody applied without having the theory test and cpc done, with the recruitment deadline coming up should I apply and then do the tests or should I do the tests and wait for the next recruitment if there is one?

Id apply try get the both tests done asap as you will probably be called up fast

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭bigredone

jc13784 wrote: »
    Get a life

I have one and a job in DB, which is something you will never have.

Posters here have give specific details of starting days in training school, which depot they are assigned and other info.
    Would not be hard to put a real name to the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

bigredone wrote: »

So are you also in the firing line for your job with this post? Don't be so ridiculous all people are doing is asking for info on the recruiting process, if anything HR appreciate a bit of job research being carried out by a candidate, it shows some initiative and eagerness for the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 justinrth

I passed the medical for DB in December and still haven't heard back from them yet. Should I contact HR or just continue to wait for a phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

justinrth wrote: »
    I passed the medical for DB in December and still haven't heard back from them yet. Should I contact HR or just continue to wait for a phone call?

Wait its slow.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Do u here this fella, you'd think u were the only person that ever had a job, as I said before "get a life" u absolute loser

Go read the Commuting & Transport forum charter and stickies before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Leyland

bigredone

I have to laugh at your post. The social media policy had to be set up because of employees like you, not the people here helping out.
    Your post history is not representative of Dublin bus or its drivers and are more of an angry man with a massive chip on his shoulder.

I am very proud to work for the company and very hold my job in high regard as the vast majority of us do. We really dont need the likes of you trolling customers and new recruits online.
    Its quite clear that you have done the same with other user names and re-registered.
    I have re registered as I dont want you trolling me forever .. Which im quite sure you would do.

If you read the Social Media policy that you have been supplied with, you will find that there is no problem posting to social media about your workplace. But one must do it carefully.

You must however never bring your company in to disrepute by posting negative, defamatory or damaging comments, and be truthful and respectful. Judging by your entire post count, you seem to be the type they are after. Not the honest and helpful comments on this thread.

Instead of trying to scare new recruits who have enough on their plate right now, why not read your handbook.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Leyland wrote: »
    bigredone

I have to laugh at your post. The social media policy had to be set up because of employees like you, not the people here helping out.
    Your post history is not representative of Dublin bus or its drivers and are more of an angry man with a massive chip on his shoulder.

I am very proud to work for the company and very hold my job in high regard as the vast majority of us do. We really dont need the likes of you trolling customers and new recruits online.
    Its quite clear that you have done the same with other user names and re-registered.
    I have re registered as I dont want you trolling me forever .. Which im quite sure you would do.

If you read the Social Media policy that you have been supplied with, you will find that there is no problem posting to social media about your workplace. But one must do it carefully.

You must however never bring your company in to disrepute by posting negative, defamatory or damaging comments, and be truthful and respectful. Judging by your entire post count, you seem to be the type they are after. Not the honest and helpful comments on this thread.

Instead of trying to scare new recruits who have enough on their plate right now, why not read your handbook.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

There's something seriously mentally wrong with you, I've come across people like u before, brainwashed and institutionalised. Maybe Bd have a good shrink u can go visit. Also u not taking ur own advice about the company rules of forums. Oddball

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Go read the Commuting & Transport forum charter and stickies before posting again.

Low and behold, another crazed company man, no wonder there's disputes in that company no solidarity with the average man

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Low and behold, another crazed company man, no wonder there's disputes in that company no solidarity with the average man

Good point though.

It would be useful to know,just what jc13784's definition of "the average man" is ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Good point though.

It would be useful to know,just what jc13784's definition of "the average man" is ?

I suppose ur another long time db driver trying ur best in there to make things hard for new recruits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I suppose ur another long time db driver trying ur best in there to make things hard for new recruits.

I'm just interested in the term "average man",and what you think it means in relation to Busdrivers...whether they be 20 months or 20 years in the Job.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

New or old every day is a learning curve and one thing every day is different.

One day can be no hassle and actually have you thinking wow this job is alright but then you can also get those days where you would swear they were after your blood or something.

Each to there own but if you let people walk all over you they will treat you like a fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

Does anyone know if DB will be affected by the Bus Eireann strike?

Lola7301 wrote: »

At this moment no but if things are let through it will knock on as they are trying every so often to take anything that was fought for over the years to get it easier for private companies to come in and pay buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Lola7301 wrote: »

Unions might use it as an opportunity to force DB to fully implement the agreement from last year. DB have dragged their heels on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kailo

hi, i just did my written asessment but im concern because my spelling isnt great and i had to write an report, does anyone know if this would hold me back

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Your spelling is OK in that post.

I wouldn't be too worried

There are plenty of people in the job that don't have great English

What tends to happen the longer you're in the job the worse it gets.

They are more so looking for details and correct ones at that but spelling wouldn't be a deal breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 halimc220

Hi guys,

I sent the application on mid of February and didn't receive anything from Dublin Bus. is there anyone have same situation?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

halimc220 wrote:
    I sent the application on mid of February and didn't receive anything from Dublin Bus. is there anyone have same situation?

It's a slow process it took about 2 months to hear back from them

halimc220 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks

The closing date for applications was 31st of January so if u put in in February it's to late

• Advertisement

Has anyone received a rejection letter after sitting the written assessment 2 weeks ago?

Advertisement