Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1,000 Guineas

• 01-05-2021 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Francie, disappointed that you haven't posted up the winner of the 1,000 guineas yet. We've missed the ante-post now so please post asap. Bookies think it's a one-horse race for A P. but I'm sure you know otherwise:;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

just a reminder of a free bet on the ITV 4 for any who had the winner in the 2,000 guineas today with B365. The next ITV 4 race is 1;50 at Newmarket tomorrow Sunday. don't think the offer includes ante-post bets

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Happy Santa Barbara day everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Jesus I thought this was about 1,000 Guinness, sorry lads.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

a lot of money coming for alcohol free this morning in from 7/1 last night to 7/2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

The Mig wrote: »
    Happy Santa Barbara day everyone

Hope so, the race looks poor enough so seeing a star be born would be great.

Is O'Brien's string a bit under the weather? They were shockingly off form in the 2,000....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

clevtrev wrote:
    a lot of money coming for alcohol free this morning in from 7/1 last night to 7/2 now.

Hard to see why, looks doubtful to see out mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

11/4 now. The stable obviously think it gets a mile

Well that went well, not!

In hindsight we are all look pretty stupid to have ignored the 2nd highest rated horse in the field and unlike the highest rated horse Alcohol Free ( OR 112 ), Mother Earth ( OR 111 ) had proven her stamina as a 2yo.

Easy peasy... Yesterday the 2,000 was won by the 4th drawn horse from the 2nd and 3rd drawn horses, today it was the 2nd drawn horse winning it from the 10th and 4th drawn with the 1st drawn in 4th place ( the Draw mattered ).

Given the circumstances of the draw the favourite Alcohol Free drawn in 11th did well to finish in 5th place.

Santa Barbara looked to be as green as the grass she was running on ( Aidan keeps pushing these hype horses and we keep falling for them ). Bit of a high head carriage didn't help matters and she looked like she would have liked a bit of juice in the ground. She wasn't disgraced by any means, but might need plenty of time to get things together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Itziger

tryfix wrote: »
    Well that went well, not!

In hindsight we are all look pretty stupid to have ignored the 2nd highest rated horse in the field and unlike the highest rated horse Alcohol Free ( OR 112 ), Mother Earth ( OR 111 ) had proven her stamina as a 2yo.

Easy peasy... Yesterday the 2,000 was won by the 4th drawn horse from the 2nd and 3rd drawn horses, today it was the 2nd drawn horse winning it from the 10th and 4th drawn with the 1st drawn in 4th place ( the Draw mattered ).

Given the circumstances of the draw the favourite Alcohol Free drawn in 11th did well to finish in 5th place.

Santa Barbara looked to be as green as the grass she was running on ( Aidan keeps pushing these hype horses and we keep falling for them ). Bit of a high head carriage didn't help matters and she looked like she would have liked a bit of juice in the ground. She wasn't disgraced by any means, but might need plenty of time to get things together.

Very much so. Didn't seem to fancy it or maybe just inexperience. I'd wait and see if I were a punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Don't know how you could be questioning her attitude on today's run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Itziger

Don't know how you could be questioning her attitude on today's run

Not saying she's not genuine but that high head carriage and not getting the last furlong........ Maybe she doesn't stay or as I said originally, inexperience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Maybe, a lot of Montjeus were known to have a high head carriage possibly a bit of that. I wouldn't question it just yet until its repeated. In fairness to her it was still a good performance not beaten far on only her second start and stepped up to gr. 1 company. She could still be a very smart filly

Maybe, a lot of Montjeus were known to have a high head carriage possibly a bit of that. I wouldn't question it just yet until its repeated. In fairness to her it was still a good performance not beaten far on only her second start and stepped up to gr. 1 company. She could still be a very smart filly

She travelled like a machine until it got to the business end of the race, so there's an engine there. Maybe a mile is a wee bit short for a Camelot?

We've been here before though with Montjeu/Coolmore fillies, Goddess, Wading and a few others that never lived up to the hype that they generated.

The Camelots aren't Galileos, a Galileo will never give in while the Camelots don't exactly throw everything in to trying to win.

Advertisement