Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kippure Estate Weddings - does anyone know what's happening down there?

Options
  • 29-04-2021 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is there anybody on here due to get married in Kippure Estate in Blessington this year or next year? I'm supposed to be getting married there later this year but I'm finding it very hard to get any communication from them. The place has been closed since last March due to Covid and apparently there's only one person working there who doesn't really answer calls or emails.

The estate was sold early last year and I'm also hearing a lot of dodgy rumours about the old owners running off with €80,000 worth of wedding booking deposits (if that's true then mine is included in that!). Have also talked to a fellow bride who drove down there last December to see what was going on and was told that they are no longer doing weddings at all... although there is a new building having just gone up.

It's all just starting to seem really strange and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything at all about the place regarding weddings? It's very hard to find anything online about it but there must be plenty of other couples who were meant have their weddings there this year and beyond.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Locotastic

Is there anybody on here due to get married in Kippure Estate in Blessington this year or next year? I'm supposed to be getting married there later this year but I'm finding it very hard to get any communication from them. The place has been closed since last March due to Covid and apparently there's only one person working there who doesn't really answer calls or emails.

The estate was sold early last year and I'm also hearing a lot of dodgy rumours about the old owners running off with €80,000 worth of wedding booking deposits (if that's true then mine is included in that!). Have also talked to a fellow bride who drove down there last December to see what was going on and was told that they are no longer doing weddings at all... although there is a new building having just gone up.

It's all just starting to seem really strange and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything at all about the place regarding weddings? It's very hard to find anything online about it but there must be plenty of other couples who were meant have their weddings there this year and beyond.

Thanks

Says on their website they are closed for renovation with a date of July 2021 for open day.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

There's a huge Facebook group about weddings in Ireland - you could check there.

Advertisement