Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

3 Hail Marys and an Our Father

On second thoughts better leave religion out of this, even in jest- lord knows where this thread will go 😂

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Oscar_Madison threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 54,589 ✭✭✭✭walshb

On ep 5 now. Pretty much this is two grown adults telling silly childish tales, and utterly vacuous-boring ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ya it's absolutely awful trash. The Palace I assume will just go silent on this because it isn't worth commenting on.

Yep. It’s that childish, petulant and vindictive that the absolute best response is no response!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭Northernlily

No one comes out of this looking well. The British media are absolute scum buckets aswell. Think Harry is troubled and has chosen the best path for a happy life despite some very questionable comments.

The Daily Mail are really validating everything that was said about them today. Dan Wooten etc absolute hideous human beings.

Uh oh. I'm part way through the 4th episode and........well....... I like this woman I see right now 🙊🙊😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭maebee

Agreed NL. The British media are the lowest of the low. Imo, Harry was traumatized after the death of his mother, but so was William. It's how you deal with it. You have to accept what you cannot change, and move on. From my reading of it, William, Harry and Kate were friends, until Meghan came along. I think that she is a narcissist. Every word out of her mouth has been "poor me", from her mansion in California. As an Irish Republican, I have no grá for the British Royal Family. Just think that Harry is a dope, under the wing of his deranged wife. IMO, it won't end well. In a few years time, she will divorce him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

If that does happen, he'll end up very lonely as he has divorced himself from his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

One thing I'm noticing in the Daily Mail coverage is the complete absence of any balance. You would of course expect the vast majority of their columnists and commentators to be attacking H & M (it's a right wing, anti-woke newspaper catering to a right wing, anti-woke audience), but not to have even a single columnist defending them is shockingly unbalanced - it gives the impression that they are just engaging in gaslighting and propaganda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Juran

Harry's legal team will be suing for royalties for using his image on that pub ale. Another income stream

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Juran

Regarding racisiam in the 'old' RF, i think its fair to say the whole world was very racist up recent decades. French, Russian, German & other european royals back in the day would have been very racist, and wouldnt have any staff unless they were local and of their own colour/culture/religion. So the British royals pre WWII were no different. The current RF are probably not racist, in the same way most of us younger Irish generation are not. I come from a rural area of Ireland, and we never had anyone non white at school or living local. At college, everyone in my year was white. At work, everyone in my deppartment was white. Only years later did I meet and work from people from other cultures, religions, backgrounds such as Indian, Asian, Afican Americans thru traveling and work. But still today, my family are all white, husband is white, my friends from school and previous work offices are all white. But we are not racist. So if anyone looks on, do they presume I or we are racist as we are all white ?

Just because the RF and their senior staff are white, does not mean they are racist.

Thought it was interesting that Harry is waiting for apologies from his family but never implies that he has apologised to them, he sees his behaviour as faultless and its them that should be crawling to him for absolution. TBH he seems like he would be a frustrating person to try and negotiate with, I don't blame William for shouting.

I knew they would try to spin it like they were the best to ever do the job but from an outside perspective, they seemed to do no better no worse than the rest of them. They didn't really do much of the grunt work like opening a community hall in skegness or a clinic in portsmouth, they got to do the glamorous ones and go on the royal tours because they knew that their popularity would be at an all time high after the wedding. I never thought their tours were any more popular than William and Kate's.

I'm really curious did Canada want them to be working royals there? It didn't seem like it from media reports at the time. Wouldn't surprise me if they had imposed themselves on Canada that the Canadians would have just gone and gotten rid of the Queen as Head of State. Also they were like if we go to Canada as working royals there'll be no royal rota, surely the canadian press would insist on something similar though.

Did anyone else spot that the map in ep 5 had ROI as part of the UK, talk about empire 2.0, we've been taken over again but without even realising it.

The scab of this tell all will barely have formed by the time Spare is out. For people who hate the tabloids they're giving them a lot of things to write about. The tabloids got a much better deal out of this than Netflix, they've got mountains of private photos they can print and stories and they didn't even have to pay for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭dogbert27

2019/20 shows the RF received 500 million in taxpayer money while the institution through it's various streams generated 2.5 Billion to the British economy.

But just like Harry and Meghan, don't let fact get in the way of "your truth".

• Registered Users Posts: 39,526 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I don't think anyone has suggested the historical landmarks that tourists come to see should not be looked after. Put them into National Trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Me too. I don’t know how anyone can watch a human being in that much pain, watch a mother describe how her daughter told her she didn't want to be alive anymore and sneer at that...the mind boggles it real does.

Depends on how much you believe it all. It comes across ridiculously rehearsed and choreographed, and I have no issue whatsoever feeling they insincerely used two very emotive subjects, suicide and racism to stoke up hostility and attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

And that's your right to feel, I'll just never understand how you can.

Her mother's pain in that scene I just feel as a parent myself and her helplessnes to protect her child

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Be right back

They.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

When you're explaining (via a two hour interview, a six part series and an upcoming book), you're losing.

The whole show is so heavily biased. I felt from watching last night that it was more insincere than the first few episodes.

They really are laying it on too thick.

Even the "I don't want to be here." Really, a sentence, and it's supposed to what? Make us believe that she was suicidal?

Simple: It all lacks depth, teeth, sincerity. There is too much of an attention seeking limelight feel off it all.

The RF are spot on to simply get on with what they do, servicing the British public....

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Not quite the same though is it when there are hundreds of millions of dollars on the table. A motivator in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,526 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The RF are spot on to simply get on with what they do, servicing the British public....

You mean getting billions for cutting ribbons and shaking hands?

I'd hardly call that "servicing".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

But you do know that this is exactly what the story is supposed to achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Deeec

If Harry and Meghan done the documentary for free I would have some respect for them.

BUT

They didnt do it for free - their fee for doing this was $100m dollars + whatever extras come out of this. Its all about the money with them and creating drama to keep increasing their bank balance and profile - and lying and exaggerating their experiences for the cameras is part of this . Harry and Meghan left their royal duties because they wanted a quiet life when all they really want is too be all over the media which makes them both hypocrites.

The media and society should ignore them - the more publicity they are given the more money they are making. They should be just forgot about and left to live their life in Canada and be forced to make a living other ways.

• Advertisement

Exactly. It is so insincere. It reeks of fakeism and untruths and embellishment. Two very odd people to be on this utterly pointless crusade, and all for some limelight and money.

Advertisement