Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laochra Gael 2021

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

They did that around ten years ago I think.

Can't remember tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

C__MC wrote: »
    Can't remember tbh
    just had a look on wikipedia 2 series of rivalries in 2010-11, remember watching an episode on Cork Waterford 2002-07

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

C__MC wrote: »
    I think a rivarly one would be good
    Eg kilkenny V tipp 09-16
    Dublin v mayo 12-18

tipp kilkenny 09-19 , 3 All -Irelands wins each and a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wasant Pete McGrath manager of Louth for a year ? No mention of it in the episode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭rpurfield

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wasant Pete McGrath manager of Louth for a year ? No mention of it in the episode

Maybe this explains it: https://www.the42.ie/pete-mcgrath-louth-2-4013266-May2018/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rpurfield wrote: »

Jesus that was some trainwreck, should of just said a little comment about it in the episode

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

No wonder there was no mention of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭rpurfield

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus that was some trainwreck, should of just said a little comment about it in the episode

That article doesn't cover it I think but they got tonked in the qualifier too. I wouldn't blame him for not mentioning it.

Bernard Flynn up tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Enjoyable episode.

Flynn was a great corner forward. A small lad who could kick points with both feet. For a small guy, that was invaluable in those days - without a left foot, he mightn't have thrived.

Inevitably, the references and innuendos about the thuggery of that Meath team were rife. Those lads will be dining out on that for the rest of their lives. A pity, but such is the culture within the GAA.

• Advertisement

Sean Cavanagh last night. Some athlete.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Liam Dunne's recollection of Griffin's speech prior to the All-Ireland final had me in a flood of tears.

Oh to experience winning an All Ireland just one more time in my life would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

Liam Dunne's recollection of Griffin's speech prior to the All-Ireland final had me in a flood of tears.

Oh to experience winning an All Ireland just one more time in my life would be great.

It was a powerful scene, to see Dunne especially, brought to tears thinking back on it . . .it must have been an incredible experience to be part of that group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

It was a powerful scene, to see Dunne especially, brought to tears thinking back on it . . .it must have been an incredible experience to be part of that group.

It was fanasting viewing

Advertisement