Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

531253.png

531254.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

awec wrote: »
    I think some are getting ahead of themselves. Even if Varadkar does get brought down over this alleged scandal, it certainly isn't going to happen on the back of The Village article as it is today.

It is the start id imagine. Ripples

A handwriting expert will be along to tell us whether thats Leos handwriting on the official document.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I think some are getting ahead of themselves. Even if Varadkar does get brought down over this alleged scandal, it certainly isn't going to happen on the back of The Village article as it is today.
    It willl have to be investigated. It will be a criminal investigation. His phone will probably be required. Who knows what thlat will unearth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

s1ippy wrote: »
    If whoever leaked the story (I suspect Bowes) is willing to corroborate further and provide evidence, then I don't see why he won't face jail time. He should.

No doubt others have stories about leaks of this nature as well. He's likely pissed a load of people off down through the years. I have my fingers crossed that this is the end of him.

Usually I don't give a fiddler's about who is governing so long as they're reasonably competent. Not only is he incompetent, he's arrogant, smug, actively undermines everyone around him. He makes the country look bad. This scandal will be of great benefit to the country as it will see him removed from his position of influence and hopefully imprisoned.

Come on 2020, just do this one thing.

Phil Hogan must be delighted at the prospect of all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

KaneToad wrote: »
    Ah, Paddy Cosgrave thinks it's an issue. That's enough for me. I'm out.

What does that cünt have to say on the subject?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It is the start id imagine. Ripples

It may be. I would find it very strange that the whistleblower bring such a high profile story to such a non-entity of a publication that only actually publishes monthly, so I can only assume he also brought it to more substantial media outlets.

They either turned him down, or they're trying to get more solid information before publishing.

Either way, the story as it exists today is a bit wishy washy and lacks any real damning evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

s1ippy wrote: »
    It willl have to be investigated. It will be a criminal investigation. His phone will probably be required. Who knows what thlat will unearth.

Wonder if Leo still has Nóiríns number?

She could give him lots of tips on how to handle that potential scenario.

It may be. I would find it very strange that the whistleblower bring such a high profile story to such a non-entity of a publication that only actually publishes monthly, so I can only assume he also brought it to more substantial media outlets.

They either turned him down, or they're trying to get more solid information before publishing.

Either way, the story as it exists today is a bit wishy washy and lacks any real damning evidence.

Maybe his mate works there. Usually the monthly type publications are interested in journalism and not what Glenda Gilson is doing. Maybe he really likes reading the village and wants to be in it. There is a multitude of reasons for him not going to the independant anyway.

smurgen wrote: »
    Phil Hogan must be delighted at the prospect of all this.

https://twitter.com/JurassicArse/status/1322507501359845376?s=19

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Maybe his mate works there. Usually the monthly type publications are interested in journalism and not what Glenda Gilson is doing. Maybe he really likes reading the village and wants to be in it. There is a multitude of reasons for him not going to the independant anyway.

Maybe you're right.

I guess I'm still a bit skeptical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I'm a bit confused here. Does that tweet by the village magazine show the extent of their evidence for the story? If so, then I can understand why none of the mainstream news published it.

Whether it's true or not, there is nothing in those screenshots that points to any wrongdoing. I hope there is some actual damning evidence in the article itself? Cos otherwise they took a major legal risk here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Skeetur

Looking through his twitter feed he's an anti lock down, anti government, SF/PBP crank who spends all his time criticising the government and NPHET while retweeting Paul Murphy, Mary Lou and harping on about nationalist stuff.

Combine that with the village breaking the story and the evidence based on tenuous links between WhatsApp messages and some guy bragging about being friends with Leo it doesn't really inspire confidence and probably won't be picked up others news outlets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

McMurphy wrote: »
    Wonder if Leo still has Nóiríns number?

She could give him lots of tips on how to handle that potential scenario.

Yeah
    source.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

It's our Hunter Biden story, Irish style and without the sex.

excited1.gif

1mSG.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Being picked up by the opposition parties and the mainstream press now. https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1322522266551357441

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

There'll be great mileage to be had from all the misplaced anger this will generate. The tinfoil hats will taken out and dusted off. Lots and lots of Tweets that go something along the lines of "This is indicative of the deep levels of corruption in FG. Let me briefly explain (1/72)"

Wonder how many weeks the loons will get out of it.

Observation as I couldn't give a fook about this story. Not going to worry about something outside my control.

You are clearly a shill. It's laughable. Everytime a crisitism of Fine Gael comes up on boards you are straight in.

Politicians leak sensitive info all the time, nothing new here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Being picked up by the opposition parties and the mainstream press now. https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1322522266551357441

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1322523356298661888?s=19

Anything from Leo yet does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

iTs a cOnsPirAcy tHeOry

• Advertisement

You would have to laugh at a spokesperson from a party like SF claiming someone has ‘questions to answer’.

Pot, meet kettle.

You would have to laugh at a spokesperson from a party like SF claiming someone has ‘questions to answer’.

Pot, meet kettle.

Are you saying we are all at it so never mind?

Yeah I don't think that really matters right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,099 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Gotcha. I just want to hear him deny it.

Taking bets now on what popular movie reference he'll squeeze into his statement. https://twitter.com/Jennifer_Bray/status/1322528243241668611

Cool Runnings:
    "Leo, you dead mon?"

or The Hudsucker Proxy
    "you know, for leaks!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Why is a 29 year old gay GP with no state role intimating that he can help set someone up with a direct provision contract? There's a lot more to come from this IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

sabat wrote: »
    Why is a 29 year old gay GP with no state role intimating that he can help set someone up with a direct provision contract? There's a lot more to come from this IMO.

What's him being a GP have anything to do with it?

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

sabat wrote: »

A lot of young people seem to have done well with Varadkar in the Taoiseach's office.

• Advertisement

Are you saying we are all at it so never mind?

No. I’m saying it is ironic that a SF spokesperson says there are ‘questions to answer’ when the party continues to refuse to answer so many questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement