Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

lertsnim wrote: »
    They could have asked the dog on the street. Everyone knows including Dungarvan GAA, they just got caught and are trying to cover their own arses.

I honestly think they should be stripped of the title

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Suppose having the IC championship is very much something to look forward to and will really lift the nation

Imagine if we win the AI, no way in hell social distancing will be adhered too

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blacksuir

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    silly decision by the player alright. but the dungarvan statement last night seems to indicate that the player was following club instructions, so dungarvan gaa club thought it was fine for a player awaiting a test result to play a match? a misunderstanding of the regulations

Who does a player have to report any symptons to, is it the Covid Officer, the Secretary or Chairman or maybe the manager of a team.

Bad policy of some in the local media to identify the player. It was not given for any other player who may have had the virus. I know the media did not name names, but you dont have to think too hard to work out who it was when some in the media mentioned umpires etc.

lertsnim wrote: »
    They could have asked the dog on the street. Everyone knows including Dungarvan GAA, they just got caught and are trying to cover their own arses.

Maybe they should have asked the Covid Officer. He was able to say a week before how he was allowed into team photos because of the position he held.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Waternut wrote: »
    I have to give a shout out to the Ballyhale manager after blowing Dicksboro out of the water in yesterday's Kilkenny final. I had doubts after the semi. Jockster is starting to fill out a pretty impressive managerial CV. Has he ever managed Lismore or has he ever been involved with Waterford underage?

He seems like someone the county board should be keeping tabs on and perhaps involve him with some of our underage teams.

One could only imagine what someone like him could bring to a minor or U20 team.

He did manage the co u21s about 15 years ago. But his track record is mainly outside the county, he managed Carrigtwohill to their first Cork co senior championship when they were just up from intermediate.

• Advertisement

Few challenge games last week

Aussie played in the centre half forwards with TDB centre half back

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

Thanks for that, PTH2009.

Missing from the senior team were Conor Prunty, Jamie Barron, Kevin Moran, Pauric Mahony and Patrick Curran. Still, quite a strong team.

The Under 20 team (only 14 players listed) looks like a second string to me. I don't know much about the minors (again, only 14 players listed), but I would have expected a few more from Ballygunner and Abbeyside. Still, a good result against Cork, with plenty of scores and no goal conceded.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HelloHello1234

The Minor Team drew with Laois tuesday 0-21 to 1-18. Mainly second string again. No real stand out performers. Laois did have a strong centre and might be a surprise this year. I believe Derek Mcgrath has done a few sessions with them. The Seniors also played the u20s on the same night. I happen to catch about 15 mins of the second half but can say the 20s did put it up to them. NO aussie or Calum lyons for the seniors but barron did play. Very impressed with the u20s and if the championship goes ahead id be confident of a much better performance than last year.

Let's hope this virus can stay out of the Waterford intercounty camps at all levels

Roll on the 31st Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

For those that have the basic sky package. The game is on sky sports mix so available to those without sky sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭spideyman92

The optimist in me is hoping they might announce it for this weekend yet, but it's ridiculous if intercounty games can go ahead that the football county final is still on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

thesultan wrote: »
    For those that have the basic sky package. The game is on sky sports mix so available to those without sky sports

Is it definitely showing on Sky Sport Mix in ireland? This came up during the premier league matches in the summer, matches were showing on sky sports mix in the UK but the Irish Sky Sports Mix was showing something else.

The optimist in me is hoping they might announce it for this weekend yet, but it's ridiculous if intercounty games can go ahead that the football county final is still on hold.

pity the GAA are so strong on the stance of the suspended club season cause the Waterford footballers don't have a game this weekend due to London not taking part in the intercounty scene for the rest of the year. The senior final could easily have been played in its place

Antrim away on Sat 24th Oct is our next and last NFL game for the season

One of the main jobs for all Waterford camps is too restrict the movements and try and keep the virus as far away as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Is it definitely showing on Sky Sport Mix in ireland? This came up during the premier league matches in the summer, matches were showing on sky sports mix in the UK but the Irish Sky Sports Mix was showing something else.

Sky have done press releases in Ireland confirming all matches will be on Sky Sports Mix

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭whiteandblue

The hurlers had a fairly comprehensive win over Laois last night. No idea of team or scorers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

thesultan wrote: »

Oh I could kiss you x
    That's after brightening up my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

All 14 championship games on Sky will be on Sky Sports Mix, so essentially free to anyone with Sky or Virgin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

If you don't have either Sky or Virgin, you can get the skysports month pass on Now TV.

They have an offer of 20 quid per month for 3 months, and this is available until 2nd November.

So if you sign up on 24th Oct, you will get all their exclusive hurling games which are:

Dublin v Laois Oct 24th
    Waterford v Cork Oct 31st
    Hurling qualifier 7th Nov
    Hurling Qualifier 14th Nov
    Hurling QTR final 21st Nov

You can cancel after sign-up and that will give you access until the subscription is due to renew a month from the date you signed up. Works out at €4 a game which is not bad, but requires decent internet.

Interview with Noel Connors doing the rounds on various media channels Today.

Whatever about the decision to drop Maurice and Noel 12 months ago, it sounds like it was handled shockingly bad by Cahill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Whatever about the decision to drop Maurice and Noel 12 months ago, it sounds like it was handled shockingly bad by Cahill.

Absolutely, after all they have given the least they deserve is to be told face to face rather than an unexpected phone call.

In what way. Have you got the management's side of things or are you going on hearsay.

blacksuir wrote: »
    In what way. Have you got the management's side of things or are you going on hearsay.

Going by how both Shanahan and Connors explained how it was communicated to them by Cahill.

Atm the footballers have to travel all the way up to Antrim next weekend for a league match

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭tommylad1212

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Atm the footballers have to travel all the way up to Antrim next weekend for a league match

They are not travelling,

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭tommylad1212

The hurlers had a fairly comprehensive win over Laois last night. No idea of team or scorers

They played wexford tonight and lost

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

They played wexford tonight and lost

Any score ? Team ?

They are not travelling,

Better off but not ideal preparation for the team going into the championship. I imagine they might face Carlow in a challenge game as there off next weekend

If look stays on our side in regards restrictions than this time 2 weeks all of our intercounty teams would of played a match and we will have an idea of how this horrible year will end. For the senior hurlers a munster final appearance would be massive and we will escape the cauldron that is the qualifiers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Is Derek McGrath the manager of Laois minors this year it is it just a “consultation” role again?

Advertisement