Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, VR edition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

tried pistol whip yesterday, wow, some workout from it as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Puzzling Places is in beta on App Lab and is free!

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/3623167214470921/?utm_source=oculus&utm_medium=share

It's like a jigsaw puzzle where you put 3D pieces of real world photorealistic streets, buildings and monuments together.
    The detail is really pleasing and it's nice chilled game with atmospheric sounds.

It has a ridiculously high rating of 4.9 also!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,587 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Narcosis complete... I gotta say I'm getting a bit too comfortable playing all my VR in bed now ;)
    (and not just the videos)

I need to get back into the active shizzle and walking around... but I'm thinking maybe still tackling a few more Xbox controller ones first to get them off the backlog. Maybe Fated, or Chronos next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

thrill of the fight, fantastic game/excercise, im actually going to start using it as part of working out i think, after 25-30 minutes of it you'd be knackered. Damn shame it doesnt have multiplayer

thrill of the fight, fantastic game/excercise, im actually going to start using it as part of working out i think, after 25-30 minutes of it you'd be knackered. Damn shame it doesnt have multiplayer

Yeah I've kept my Quest 1 as a sweat machine for Thrill of the Fight workouts

• Advertisement

Started into Pixel Ripped 1995 on the Quest 2

Played 1989 on the PSVR and I think I much prefer playing these games with the DS4 controller as the Touch controllers do make it a bit tricky platforming.

Still I'll stick with it... enjoying it so far after beating first level!

Been playing Yupitergrad and it's pretty mad!
    It's like a game with Spiderman grappling and the sense of speed when swinging is awesome, not sure how they managed to keep motion sickness at bay! Haven't played the time trial levels yet but I've a feeling they'll be more satisfying than the main campaign as it can be slow at times with puzzles to figure out.

Also Crashland just released and looks absolutely brutal! Meant to be a hard game to play though.
    It's like a farpoint wave shooter.

Doge wrote: »
    Been playing Yupitergrad and it's pretty mad!

Just released on PSVR too

Rage 2 was free on Epic last week so decided to give it a whirl...playing in Virtual Desktop of course!

It's awesome playing in the auditorium...like being at an interactive Mad Max Fury Road screening. Very effective and looks fantastic on the Quest 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Bought Walkabout Minigolf for a laugh. It's basically crazy golf.
    It's actually really good, with a couple of niggles. I very rarely feel like the game hasn't responded well to my input/shot.

Oddly enough the tracking stops working when lining up for a shot. It's almost as if the controller stops reporting spatial information but still reports the tilt/orientation of the controller. I have to move it about to get it to work and have the golf club move in 3D space when I have the shot lined up. Not sure if it's the headset or the game.

• Advertisement

Bought Walkabout Minigolf for a laugh. It's basically crazy golf.
    It's actually really good, with a couple of niggles. I very rarely feel like the game hasn't responded well to my input/shot.

Oddly enough the tracking stops working when lining up for a shot. It's almost as if the controller stops reporting spatial information but still reports the tilt/orientation of the controller. I have to move it about to get it to work and have the golf club move in 3D space when I have the shot lined up. Not sure if it's the headset or the game.

Which platform?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Which platform?

Quest. I have it also and it’s great. Has online multiplayer with friends or randomers, they’ve added 2 courses in the last year for free also, one in space, and a western themed course. One of the most fun experiences on quest.

Doge wrote: »
    Quest. I have it also and it’s great. Has online multiplayer with friends or randomers, they’ve added 2 courses in the last year for free also, one in space, and a western themed course. One of the most fun experiences on quest.

Cool is the space one with low gravity? :D

On the quest 2. Only playing on my own and still fun but would imagine playing with mates would be a good laugh.

The odd thing is that the game auto-lengthens the club to touch the ground. It's a strange feeling and takes a little getting used to.

Low grav would be carnage! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Stop touching yourself

I downloaded Dinosaur Island VR and Mind Labyrinth VR for the PS5 but neither will progress beyond the initial login screen- the VR headset is tracking onscreen for Dinosaur Island so I can select start game and toggle between menu options, but once I'm in the game the headset stops tracking and the gun stays pointing in the same direction.

As for Mind Labyrinth, I can get as far as the screen to select controller type, but nothing happens after this- has anybody else experienced this?

I am using the dualsense controller for both games. (I tried swapping out with the spare on, and connecting with bluetooth and cable but neither worked)

Any suggestions?

Might be best posting this in the Playstation VR thread just to be sure... I think a lot of the guys there don't follow the rest of the VR threads

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057573337/playstation-vr-discussion-thread#latest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Mainly IL 2. What an immersive sim. Otherwise Xplane.

Never really got into non-flying VR games. Played Jet Island for a bit and The Lab, which is good.

Hmm but there are so many good games. You haven't tried Alyx or Lone Echo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Nope. Have a Reverb so the resolution is great too, better than the Index. Maybe I should splash out. Not a puzzle fan though.

yeah definitely explore the possibilities... lots out there, not all puzzles 😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Walkaround Mini Golf on Steam! Hours of fun :D

Got some DLC for Walkabout there... played Shangri-La.

Played a round of 18... decided what the hell I'll play another... then I did some flying around enjoying myself thoroughly and played a few more on Gardens of Babylon.

Decide to check the clock: 2:30AM 😲

I started shortly after dinner.

Was wondering why my legs were killing me!

I've had a disaster with my Quest 2 recently. Got load of dead pixels appear after a couple of months not using the headset. RMA'd it and then the new headset wouldn't allow my controllers to be connected to it or couldn't be set up in any other way. RMA'd that one too.

Finally got around to putting it back on and am playing Red Matter. A walking simulator with a smattering of story to keep me going. Puzzles are alright. Little bit of hand holding.

I tried out Racket NX last night... seen this advertised for months (years?) on Oculus but never really paid it much notice.

Took me by surprise how fun it is.

It's a bit like racquetball, except in full 360 where you whack the ball against the sphere that surrounds you, trying to knock out specific targets, or gaining power ups. It's really polished, like a racquet version of Beat Saber... and it encourages you to try to hit the ball as hard as you can for extra power. Quite a workout and there's a lot of content in it.

Recommended!

Well damn Zombieland Headshot Fever is a bit superb!

A bit like Pistol Whip crossed with Drop Dead Dual Strike in that you need to move rapidly and accurately to progress with really tough challenges in each level that require you git gud.

The gun ammo reload mechanism is one of the best I've seen and feels great when the action heats up.

Restarted Star Wars Squadrons last night. Such a great experience to be flying around in space. Just fiddly to get it all working the way you want it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Last night i flew the A320 on MSFS 2020 from gatwick to Munich, first time flying Airliners and it was pleasantly well performing.

Getting stuck into Red Matter on Quest (finally!) ... the graphics on this game are phenomenal and the use of space is great. Really get a sense of the size of huge rooms.

I was chuffed when I found the "grab" button triggers smooth movement which is very handy when you don't want to be "jumping everywhere"

Some of the puzzles are a bitch though

• Advertisement

Got around to completing Red Matter there... nice relatively short game but very atmospheric and satisfying puzzles.

That last level where you look out across the lunar landscape at Saturn was stunning.

Got a few options for my next one.. thinking Jurassic World Aftermath, or maybe Walking Dead Saints and Sinners.. but I'd like to have the next one completed before end of the month so might go for the smaller one

Advertisement