Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Storm Dennis ** Please read Mod Note in OP**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Windy/gusty in Dublin 16, and rain has just arrived.

Like a switch was just turned on, was calm 10 mins ago, then suddenly wet and windy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Belmullet gusting 115 km/h in 0800 reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭pauldry

Belmullet gusting 114 km/h in 0800 reports.

Yet no Orange warning

Are Met Eireann in bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Stormy on the NW coast
    8am
    Belmullet gusting 62 knots (116km/h)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭finlma

torres9kop wrote: »
    The birds are acting really strange in the lawn. Must sense somethings on the way

What are they doing? Sun-bathing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

finlma wrote: »
    What are they doing? Sun-bathing?

They keep bouncing off the conservatory. Must want inside out of the storm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: As per the OP, we will only have one thread for Storm Dennis (this one), so please keep on topic. Silly and off topic posts will be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Absolutely pouring in Cork City - wind and rain belting off the window and I’m in bed nice and cosy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’m in Cork city and can’t believe this hasn’t bee upgraded to orange. It’s totally wild here.

Fastnet Lighthouse gusting 126 km/h.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m kildare. Husband turned around and asked me if there was a warning he missed. Indeed there is. Fine blowy day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Just back from walking the dog D14. Gusty but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

At the windows, only wind-driven water. The dark sky is sodden, spilling heavily onto saturated, pooling land.

Horizontal ceaseless deluges, gale-borne, and the constant drumming tattoo.

All is trickling down to the welcoming. open-armed ocean. Then becoming a small river, finding cracks to make creeks in,

And the booming. screaming winds.

West Mayo offshore; coastal waters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Some strong gusts hitting me on the third floor in Lucan the last half hour. Definitely seems to be getting stronger and more sustained winds

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Belmullet gusting 115 km/h in 0800 reports.
    Isn't that orange warning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Very mucky already, driving rain against the south facing windows.

Met.ie says "light rain" in Waterford. Update chaps, update.

Oh and the rainfall radar is blank!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,951 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Heavy rain and some wind on Mayo coast, nothing too bad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

pauldry wrote: »
    Yet no Orange warning

Are Met Eireann in bed?

You want ME to issue an Orange warning for a wind gust 5km/h above the guidelines which has been reported in a coastal station ?

Orange wind levels need to be recorded widespread in the county for the warnings to be upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

It's meh in Drogheda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Very strong winds here on the side of Mt Leinster in Co. Carlow. (There appears to be more higher sustained winds vs the last storm.) Trees, fencing etc all flexing more so. Expecting some damage if it keeps up. It was a very rough night here also. The wind was howling mid night through this am and the walls creaking. Surprised this is only a yellow warning as it appears to be stronger than anything we've had in a while meeting yellow criteria. Possible upgrade happening?

Take care if out and about today. Wild out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ARated

Out in the Maharees, near Castlegregory. Very strong consistent wind howling. Horizontal rain. Very gusty and a sodden landscape.

Heavy rain and getting blustery here, my 5 year old has his face pressed to the window. If it gets any worse I'll have to let him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭teddybones

91kph in Ashford Co. Wicklow. Pretty severe I think it might be higher than Ciara. Will check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Dublin 2, Grand Canal Dock. Not bad here yet, some light rain and a bit of wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

98kph current max gust at Waterford airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Fairly wet in cork city with constant wind speeds of 55km/h and gusts of 87km/h (which is about 150m up) so outside the orange level warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

I've trees swaying like never before here in Firhouse, 1 is actually lifting the sheds and ground about it. If doesn't go over this weekend it will have ro be taken down.
    Very strong sustained wind with big gusts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Wind and rain here in North Kerry.
    My weather station is showing 0.00 kmh though.

Am I doing something wrong?

It's in the cupboard :D *

*I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :) Planning on putting it on my new chicken run when built .

Advertisement