Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Storm Brendan Monday 13 Jan 2020 ** See Mod note in OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ICON 12Z stronger on this run.

anim_yxs5.gif

yb1CaYq.png

oeqBaiK.png

PACf5AX.png

ROwzB6z.png

iconeu_uk1-52-56-0_xsn9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Mace head and Belmullet will be the ones to watch and Malin later in the day

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Seems like a really big windfield with this one?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ECM 06Z up a bit again.

In general very consistent charts. Would think that they have been nudging up over the last few runs, hence reason for early warnings.

F2nUFQ6.png

5155Ni4.png

9VULwN1.png

iWEfxCf.png

t8ZVcGh.png

3v7sj9V.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

BANG!

Dangerously close.

ukgust.png

• Advertisement

BANG!

Dangerously close.

Yeah looks like it. Close on red warning for a time perhaps. Kerry looks like high end Orange at least. Wouldn't take much for W and S Kerry to go into the Red for a short time also. Noticed the models over the last few runs have been increasing the winds for the SW. Will this continue upwards?

0GKrNqw.png

hG8W9KY.png

Wosk0q9.png

1dd7HKb.png

Woah... Would that be Red warning for the West?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

you'd hope after the carry on in Galway that people won't ignore these warnings. I mean I've never been to salt hill but I know to not park a car on the promenade there is certain weather.

Just to my untrained eye at reading those weather charts but would I be right in saying this storm is very large ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just to my untrained eye at reading those weather charts but would I be right in saying this storm is very large ?

Seems very large to my untrained eyes too.
    How quick is it going to travel over us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭littlema

Oh no...... himself only fixed the shed roof a week after the last breeze up here!!
    Pity Santa didn’t get me a new weather station, I shall have to rely on the locals here.
    S Sligo 152m asl.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Seems very large to my untrained eyes too.
    How quick is it going to travel over us?

No idea I'm sure the weather mavens can tell us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭endainoz

Looks like a fairly big one, could the mods make a technical and general discussion/moaning thread for this please? Can see things getting very congested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Dummies guide please .. what does this mean?? "super explosive cyclogenesis"

https://twitter.com/ScottDuncanWX/status/1216043143562481664

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

endainoz wrote: »
    Looks like a fairly big one, could the mods make a technical and general discussion/moaning thread for this please? Can see things getting very congested.

Great idea!

aidanodr wrote: »
    Dummies guide please .. what does this mean?? "super explosive cyclogenesis"

I'm no expert, I think the word means fast development of a storm structure.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I'm no expert, I think the word means fast development of a storm structure.

https://twitter.com/WeatherAlex/status/1216052263065726976

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Who named the storm

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Who named the storm

Uk/Irish met services

https://www.met.ie/storm-names-announced-for-2019-20

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Met Eireanns commentary on the upcoming disturbed weather.

https://www.met.ie/forecasts/meteorologists-commentary

Met Eireanns commentary on the upcoming disturbed weather.

https://www.met.ie/forecasts/meteorologists-commentary

This was Written Friday afternoon, 10th of January, says it at end of article. So might be well out of date at this stage?

Hope the storm surge doesn't cause too much damage Monday night especially Galway and Limerick.

Galway

xOmJggy.png

Limerick Docks

]Q9sGo72.png

anim_bnl3.gif

nww3uk-0-54_jgt7.png

416_onh4.png

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Who named the storm

Brendan?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Brendan the Voyager, this could go anywhere.

endainoz wrote: »

Or as us moaners might say, any chance of making a separate thread for discussion without the weird funny coloured maps clogging everything up. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Wow i wondered why i nearly got blown over in a very strong wind this morning in Dublin.I hope everyone is safe with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

greasepalm wrote: »
    Wow i wondered why i nearly got blown over in a very strong wind this morning in Dublin.I hope everyone is safe with this one.

Today's wind has nothing to do with Brendan, Brendan is on the far side of the Atlantic at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

I’m a long time follower, first time poster. I really love and appreciate the great input that the regular experts give us every day with the technical charts. Thanks so much guys, so informative! Superfan here lol

I second what endainoz said about the separated threads for technical and moaning/ general discussion so that people who love following the posts can shift through the dribble to get to the charts.

Advertisement