Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Una Mullaly, Irish Times

• 20-07-2017 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭

Saw a new article in the Irish Times today:
    How to fight back over Ryanair’s new €2 seating policy.

Didn't need to click into it :pac:
    Just a hilarious headline for an article, says everything really. The outrage and invective about the most ridiculous things, it's insufferable. Find a real cause.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Did you seriously go to the trouble of creating a thread to moan about an article you haven't even actually read???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Did you seriously go to the trouble of creating a thread to moan about an article you haven't even actually read???

Yes. I then read a bit of it after. A very small bit.

My point is that this article is representative of her writing in general. Something reasonably innocuous or trivial - in the grand scheme of things - that she then goes to town on, as if she was so oppressed. She suffers so. This was just a hilarious example of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

ryanair, would have more respect for them if they just owned up to it and said they've changed their "algorithm". they want more money i know. just be bleedin honest about it.

emo72 wrote: »
    ryanair, would have more respect for them if they just owned up to it and said they've changed their "algorithm". they want more money i know. just be bleedin honest about it.

They have been. Michael O'Leary was on Newstalk yesterday where he said that people should "stop whining".

'If they wanted to pay it, they can pay it, if not, not.'

• Registered Users Posts: 22 whiteknight12

J Mysterio I would have to agree entirely. The Irish times and Indo have become rags due to the lazy, cliched musings of such bland contributors as Mullaly. She's a reallly virulent persona tbh. So negative and incessantly whinging, not sure if we need anymore whiners in public life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

see shes whinging n whining about the womens rugby world cup today. does she find everything oppresive, sexist, anti woman and insulting? theres to many of these pc snowflakes around in the media now that anyone with a differing opinion of minuscule controversy cant speak out without being tarred

• Registered Users Posts: 25,310 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

neris wrote: »
    does she find everything oppresive, sexist, anti woman and insulting?

Yes and as far as she is concerned, her mission in life is to get paid to constantly whine about such grievances, real or imagined.

Men are the enemy, that's the gist of her musings.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I love the Ryanair seating policy. I'd much rather switch off beside a stranger and watch a couple of episodes of something on the iPad than make small talk with the OH.

endacl wrote: »
    small talk with the OH.

'Small talk with the OH'!! lol, that's unreal.

Una Mullaly: Toxic masculinity the common thread in American hate
    It’s difficult not to see Charlottesville as a turning point – but we don’t know to where

"It’s hardly a surprise that Christopher Cantwell, the white supremacist made infamous by a chilling Vice report on the violence and death in Charlottesville,Virginia, has a relatively large online footprint. Who doesn’t? It’s less surprising still that a chunk of his online presence is made up of anti-women rants across blogs, websites, YouTube and so on.

A common denominator of the wave of American hate currently being unloaded, torch-bearing and vile, is a hatred of women."

:pac:

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Find a real cause.

Jesus, don't encourage her..

still "earning" a living for churning out the kind of misery muck that the sf lads here generate for free (?) all day

if it were possible to trace back decisions to stop paying for the IT to their breaking point i reckon una voce would be seen to have cost them a fortune

Advertisement