Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

So we probably won't be seeing spiderman in any of the upcoming marvel movies? That's great. Sound Sony!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Behind The Scenes look at Avengers Age Of Ultron

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I wonder are Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver are going to be
    Inhumans
    after the reveal on AoS.

Thanks to Sony Japan, there is a slim chance Spidey could make an appearance in the MCU

https://www.nerdist.com/2014/12/new-details-say-a-marvel-cinematic-universe-spider-man-is-still-possible/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Inhumans
    after the reveal on AoS.
    Almost certainly I'd say.

• Have Marvel just smashed it out of the park with their offering. Agents of Shield pushing
    InHumans
    so far out and really beginning to tie everything together, even having Kree

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Inhumans
    after the reveal on AoS.

I don't think so,
    I think they'll be something different. Their power seems to come from the Infinity stone in Loki's staff as opposed to the Terrigan mist which made Skye an Inhuman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Have Marvel just smashed it out of the park with their offering. Agents of Shield pushing
    InHumans
    so far out and really beginning to tie everything together, even having Kree

4 years ahead of time. Unreal.

The MCU on the various Netflix regions.

Iron Man - Argentina, Colombia & Mexico.

The Incredible Hulk - Canada.

Iron Man 2 - Ireland & UK.

Thor - Ireland & UK.

Captain America: The First Avenger - Ireland & UK.

The Avengers - Ireland, UK, USA, Denmark, Finland, Norway & Sweden.

Iron Man 3 - Sweeden, Norway & Denmark.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.episodes 1 though 7-Brazil, Argentina, Colombia & Mexico.

Thor: The Dark World - Netherlands.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes 8 though 16-Brazil, Argentina, Colombia & Mexico.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Netherlands.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.episodes 17 through 22 - Brazil, Argentina, Colombia & Mexico.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier added.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Rumour that Sony has already fired Garfield as spider-man. Circumstances seem to be right for his entry into the MCU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Ironic given Garfield and Stone were the best part of those films. It's not Garfield's fault that he was surrounded by absolute suckery creatively speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I think if Marvel got the rights to Spider-man back, it'd be great to do the Miles Morales version. I think people really wouldn't take well to yet another Peter Parker.

If Andrew Garfield has indeed been dumped from the Spider-Man role, it seems he nailed his own coffin by upsetting Sony bosses.
    Furthermore, Garfield upset Sony’s Tokyo bosses when he skipped out at a dinner event, giving the company less than an hour’s notice that he wouldn’t be attending (despite him being scheduled to sit with Sony executives). According to Mashable, this was seen as an affront by the powers that be at Sony, which more than likely put Garfield out of favor with them.

http://screenrant.com/sony-spider-man-andrew-garfield-fired/

Theres also an article where he basically says its sonys fault the amazing spiderman 2 is... the way it is :p

They will probably us that as breach of contract or something like that so they won't have to pay him off on his multi-picture deal to play Spiderman.

Cheap way of getting rid of him before they take the Marvel/Disney money.

Aye Garfield has been quite defiant which hasn't helped. He was right to stick it to them and who knows, maybe it was an intentional tactic.

Well it can't be fun being in movies that bad :pac:

Question is if Spider-Man were to join the cameo in Captain America: Civil War, would would they cast as Peter/Spider-Man?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think if Marvel got the rights to Spider-man back, it'd be great to do the Miles Morales version. I think people really wouldn't take well to yet another Peter Parker.

I doubt it, they've years of movies to do so the best possibility is if they at least skipped the origin as WB are doing with Batman this time around.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Question is if Spider-Man were to join the cameo in Captain America: Civil War, would would they cast as Peter/Spider-Man?

That's the question and I honestly couldn't tell you. If following the CW storyline accurately they'd be looking for a Parker that's well established already. Well into his 20s and hitting 30.

The likes of JGL could be ripe for the role.

I want them to do a Stan Lee esque moment when new spiderman comes swinging in, Maguire is there and he just says 'whose that guy?'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

That's the question and I honestly couldn't tell you. If following the CW storyline accurately they'd be looking for a Parker that's well established already. Well into his 20s and hitting 30.

The likes of JGL could be ripe for the role.

I've read that Marvel want to focus Spider Man on the teenager/superhero thing rather than the romance with MJ/Gwen. JGL is defo too old to pass for a teenager.

I think there's definitely room to fit Spider Man into CW without Peter Parker given what the CW is based on. Could be interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

cloud493 wrote: »
    Rumour that Sony has already fired Garfield as spider-man. Circumstances seem to be right for his entry into the MCU.

I thought the reason they were reluctant to let marvel have spiderman in MCU was because marvel didn't want to use Garfield/their current spiderman and said they disagreed with what they had done and were planning on doing with the franchise lol. Guess this makes it easier for them to negotiate

The Avengers Inifinity War parts I & II may be 3 and 4 years away respectively. But Marvel apparently want Spider-Man to cameo in the movies.

Taken from the Superhero Feed Facebook page.
    www.facebook.com/TheSuperHeroFeed

10392463_834378096618590_310093703410803421_n.jpg?oh=ea899c07ad9aa69f79503e90ff22cbae&oe=5540A3C5&__gda__=1429870084_a3d902b4a2544ad3cb64f053411e8a7f

B5JY9tlCIAENkK8.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Spider-Man in high school eh. That's a fresh approach to the character, they really have opened up a wholeoad of unexplored material.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Bad enough The Amazing Spider Man came so soon after the Sam Raimi versions, adding precisely nothing to the mythology, but the prospect of yet another iteration, yet another hero being crammed into the Marvel universe, doesn't get the pulse racing. The franchise feels borderline redundant as it is.

That said, at least Marvel understand the notion of having happy heroes, or a world where being a superhero isn't an angst-ridden chore. Who knows, Spider-Man might actually be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

^Agreed. Maybe a couple of stints in a supporting role will do wonders for the character (and audience's enthusiasm levels).

There is also the fact Marvel have put some term plan into there superheros.

Where the last two Spiderman movies were just being made to stop the rights reverting back to Marvel.

If Spiderman was to go back to the MCU I would imagine Marvel already have his future planned out now and where he fits into it.

In any case if they don't get the rights back it won't affect the MCU going forward.

• Advertisement

Seems like when rather than if for spider-man in MCU now surely?

Advertisement