Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just General Chat About WoT

• 26-04-2014 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

I hope mods wont mind to have such a thread? There are always few things I want to ask or share, but I really dont want to make new threads for some small things. So maybe we can have a General chat thread?

So Ill start off. :P

I always though, that I am more of a heavy Tank player, but I have just so much fun in med tanks. :P
    Just had one of the best games in a while. I really love my T-43 and I cant wait to get deeper in to that tree.

The highlight of the battle was my Tiger kill. I sneaked on him from behind and then used my med tank in the most PROPER way! I just circled around him and used my agility + Faster turret rotation. I just drove around him and tickled him to death! :D For the first time someone said to me in general chat: GJ T-43! :P

shot_001_zps073a017a.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

That's a nice result. I do love when I have a similar experience.

Had a lovely game 2 days ago on Redshire. Myself and 2 other Pz I.C's (non platooned) just rampaged down the Western flank and manged to get into the South-East corner to assault their arty. Was a textbook light tank game. Happened to be the daily double so I did very well.
    More importantly I enjoyed that game immensely.

On a related note I had a monster game in my M5A1 a few weeks ago. Mastery badge on Prokorokha in a Tier 8 game (or whatever the max MM is in that dinky little thing)
    I then decided to keep that tank even thought that game unlocked the Type T-34 for me. Haven't managed to repeat the event but I'm going to keep trying.

Then of course there are the (far too common) games where you advance and get one shotted and become the first loss on your team without even getting a shot off yourself........ho hum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Tenger wrote: »
    That's a nice result. I do love when I have a similar experience.

Had a lovely game 2 days ago on Redshire. Myself and 2 other Pz I.C's (non platooned) just rampaged down the Western flank and manged to get into the South-East corner to assault their arty. Was a textbook light tank game. Happened to be the daily double so I did very well.
    More importantly I enjoyed that game immensely.

On a related note I had a monster game in my M5A1 a few weeks ago. Mastery badge on Prokorokha in a Tier 8 game (or whatever the max MM is in that dinky little thing)
    I then decided to keep that tank even thought that game unlocked the Type T-34 for me. Haven't managed to repeat the event but I'm going to keep trying.

Then of course there are the (far too common) games where you advance and get one shotted and become the first loss on your team without even getting a shot off yourself........ho hum.

What really pisses me off, when medium tanks play as heavy. I love the games when without any coordination you see 3 med tanks rushing some flank and get upper position, before enemy team heavies roll in.
    Then you die inside, when your Heavies decide just to fall back and sit tight in their usual camp spot with complete ignorance to how battlefield just changed.
    Then surely with no support we get sadomised when enemy team realises that our heavies playing cards and singing kumbaya.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I hope mods wont mind to have such a thread? There are always few things I want to ask or share, but I really dont want to make new threads for some small things. So maybe we can have a General chat thread?
    //MOD

Go for it; as long as it remains more or less on WoT I don't see a problem.

//MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Nody wrote: »
    //MOD

Go for it; as long as it remains more or less on WoT I don't see a problem.

//MOD

So we can't about each others feelings?

Speaking of feelings. I've just started the French line. I just want to say how much I hate the D2 and the B1.... Easily the least fun tanks I've ever played unless I'm top tier and someone with an autocannon is vainly trying to pen my armor.... but mostly I sit and cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tog is love, Tog is life.

F0hzUvi.jpg

They all plinked away at me but every time they exposed a bit of hull I'd pop them for a chunk of HP. This kinda game makes WoT worth playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Is it just me, or does it seem to others that there are many players who are unaware of the difference between an 'Encounter' battle and a 'Standard' battle?

Every time I'm in an Encounter, there seems to be quite a few teammates who either defend the place where we spawned, or head off to try to overrun the point where the enemy spawned.

Surely both of these tactics are almost completely pointless, aren't they?

I say "almost", because killing off enemy artillery is a worthwhile tactic, and, if you are artillery yourself, then hanging back is also worthwhile. But more often than not, I can't help being left with the feeling that most of these players simply do not know that they're in an Encounter battle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The game still needs to make a massive difference in the way its concepts and mechanics are explained to players. Even today at high tiers there's still no end of morons who think their side armour is somehow stonger than their front and have no clue about even basic gameplay elements such as angling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Also a massive problem but unfixable is the sheer quantity of players who have zero english. No amount of explaining tactics will save you.

And of course, lots of them are just pure donkeys with no fecking idea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

For those of who also like their tanks in plastic, there's a whole bunch getting their first time, almost certainly due to WoT:

Trumpeter IS-7

1475826_251933261631941_1709300202_n.jpg

Trumpeter IS-4

30g.jpg

Trumpeter Object 704

995241_247854382039829_1194372169_n.jpg

Dragon Black Label M6A1

C_DRA6789_00.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

t-42 is such a piece of sh1t!
    wait til lyou get the t44 shadow, once fully upgraded with a good crew (dont buy the last gun, the 122mm or whatever) its like a go kart.

most of the forums have the t44 like marmite, some love it, some hate.

its the most fun tank i have played in a long time.. t54 just about unlocked :cool:

but after the 9.0 realism changes to the t54 theres a lot of whining on the forums about it.

still cant wait

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    t-42 is such a piece of sh1t!
    wait til lyou get the t44 shadow, once fully upgraded with a good crew (dont buy the last gun, the 122mm or whatever) its like a go kart.

most of the forums have the t44 like marmite, some love it, some hate.

its the most fun tank i have played in a long time.. t54 just about unlocked :cool:

but after the 9.0 realism changes to the t54 theres a lot of whining on the forums about it.

still cant wait

I was not fond of medium tanks in early tiers. Not as agile as some light tanks and cant deliver a good punch like heavy tanks do. The only reason I even went that tree was t34, a legend of a tank ( for me).
    I came back after a big break and now I really like my medium tanks. I still love my is-3, BUT I find myself in a lot better games in my t43.

On other note, I got mastery badge on my tier2 BT -2 tank. Love that little yoke! :D

sorry i meant t43 is a piece of ****!

light tanks are great fun.. they ruin your stats if you play them a lot!! but great fun..

im enjoying the wz131 a lot.. also i kept the 59-16, really like it, reminds me of the old t50-2 that got changed to mt25 and ruined..

I found the T43 and T44 to just be anaemic, with no stand out points at all. But then again, I probably thought the same of the Panther 2, and I can't remember a single good game in it, yet I still have a WR in it of just under 65%, so I must have been doing something right in it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

BigEejit wrote: »
    Also a massive problem but unfixable is the sheer quantity of players who have zero english. No amount of explaining tactics will save you....
    In hindsight I prob should have signed up to the NA server. I usually only play later at night when home or when I am in the US for work trips (no kids to pester me!)

So while that would have ensured (mostly) English speakers it could also open me up for pre-teen gung-ho eejits too.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    sorry i meant t43 is a piece of ****!

light tanks are great fun.. they ruin your stats if you play them a lot!! but great fun..

im enjoying the wz131 a lot.. also i kept the 59-16, really like it, reminds me of the old t50-2 that got changed to mt25 and ruined..

Well, t43 is my only highish tier medium tank, so I don't have anything to compare it. I still like it though, even if you guys say that it is not great ( I am no expert by a long shot).
    I am looking forward to t44 as it does have nice guns with good penetration.
    Not sure which tier 10 tank i will go from that tech tree.

t44 is marmite alright, lots of hate for it, personally that, 59-16 and wz131 are my fav tanks at the moment.

im saving credits this week to buy back two tier 9 tanks i rage sold after bad games in them, lorraine 40t and m46 patton...

was watching sirfoch play the stock m46 patton last week on twitch and he just kept syaing over and over "man i so wanna rage sell this right now"

i had it fully upgraded, crew of 3 skills and i still fookin hated it!

i think i have improved playing emdium tanks by watching quickybaby and that, so i feel i might actually enjoy the lorry and patton this time round.. only need about 60k to unlock my batmobile too...

What does marmite mean, lads?

marmite is a food spread, when people use it in a sentence, its basically to imply you 'either love something or hate it"

some people love it, some people hate it.

Had a few games tonight again. Good game on my beloved BT-2. Not a mastery badge, but "1st ". Had 6 kills. Really love to drive up and give some love from behind to those bastard British tank destroyers. Can't remember the name, but the ones, which have a ton of armor on their nose.

Had a good game in t43 again. Really loving that thing. I don't know why, but I do a lot better in bad tanks, then in good ones lol.

Have a look at this about what makes a tank OP. It only deals with high tier stuff though:
    http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/12/22/about-the-new-method-of-evaluating-tank-performance/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I love the amx 48 its one of the best TDs i think in the game, the armour is sloped so well on, i have had IS6 shots bounce off me at point blank range

have the ac48 alright, bounces a lot, dont play it that much though.

was gonna sell it last night to fund my lorraine 40t... decided tos ell the kv4 instead for now... couldnt gel with it... so slow, good at side scraping yes but i hate slow tanks, thats why i dumped the british td line.

bought my lorraine back, forgot how much fun it was, playing way better in it now than the last time i had it.. should have my batmobile unlocked in few days, wont have 6 mil credits to spend on it though.

Whats the bat mobile lol? :o

Whats the bat mobile lol? :o

Bat Chat 25t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

^^ In the hands of a good player simply awesome tank. Played in a match last night and the bat pretty much carried the match for us.

yes, theres a tonne of bat bat drivers out there.... such an awsome tank once the owner knows how to play it..

had a couple of games last night, had to replace the thermal paste on my cpu before i clock it and clean pc, so only played about 8 games...

only played mediums and lights, kinda gone off my tds and my heavies at the moment...

lorraine 40t
    t44
    59-16
    wz131

all my favourite tanks currently, are ones that get the most hate on the forums..

I had a crap day in wot last night. Just nothing was going my way. Match making was taking a piss too. Even in games that I did okay, our team still lost, due to other flank falling down.

Now is it me or is-3 has a completely retarded place for ammo rack? Looks like every time I get hit in my front plate my ammo rack goes with it.

do you angle your tnak or oint straight at the enemny, the is-3 is the first of the shark nosed heavies, just point your front straight towards the enemy and they will have a harder time penetrating it..

normally if im having a bad day, where i cant get a win i just stop playing and maybe go back to the game later...

Keep the lower front plate covered if you can, its made out of paper in IS3's. And yes, I was ammo racked more times in my IS3 than anything else (at least 10 times). So much so that I used that mod to try and keep it under control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

just now had a painful game, on the Siefried line, on the verge of winning, had a KV-IS on the ropes about to make the kill when "the display driver has stopped working" crashed to desktop nooooes!!!

Anytime i have that happen i hop into my t7 car and everythings better

Advertisement