Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daniel Bryan Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported that Bryan vs Lesnar is pencilled in for Summerslam. All depends on his health and if he wrestles at MITB.

I would pay for that so many times I'd make the Network profitable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported that Bryan vs Lesnar is pencilled in for Summerslam. All depends on his health and if he wrestles at MITB.

I don't know if you are read the Observer but this is a bit a cart before the horse Bryan's latest health news sounds really bad:
    The problem is that Bryan’s rehabilitation of his right arm is going slower than anticipated. One person said that not only is he not makings gains, but he’s actually losing strength in the arm while doing rehab, which is concerning. Bryan was in Indianapolis for Raw and backstage, his situation was the most talked about thing among those in power. He was sent back to Pittsburgh to see Dr. Joseph Maroon, who did his neck surgery, to see what was wrong. Bryan will return on the 6/9 Raw for another confrontation with Stephanie.

Shades of Angle, Austin, Edge and going back further Paul Orndoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I did read that, probably should've posted that info too. Sounds quite serious, far more than the 'ah sure, it's just a minimallly invasive procedure'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Considering it was supposed to be a big year, Bryan is having no luck at all, if that's true.

Also Brie Bella is still doing live events and PR events with Nikki so her departure seems storyline only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,809 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sure that was all it was ever gonna be. This could be the making of Daniel Bryan (or remaking) because I personally am rooting for him in his real life battle to keep the WWE title even more than I was for his storyline one to win it. Id imagine others will be the same. If he does lose it, when he comes back he will come back to the reaction HHH got x 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

If he's losing strength in the arm I worry that there could be some permanent nerve damage, as a medical student, that doesn't sound good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Would Bryan be losing strength in his arm due to his reduced work out?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Yeah there'll definitely be some muscle atrophy, hopefully it's that rather than nerve damage, that'd suck.

When do we start chanting ‘no?’

Two weeks ago, former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan announced on the Money in the Bank pre-show that the neck injury that put him on the shelf and caused him to vacate the championship was more serious than previously thought, and he’d be going in for another surgery. He didn’t know when he’d be back, but he promised that he would, and that when he came back he’d be better than ever.

It might be time to start getting worried about that.

According to Dave Meltzer at the Wrestling Observer, Bryan’s not only undergoing multiple surgeries on his neck … he’s also considering surgery on his SHOULDER. All those compounded surgeries and sad, matter-of-fact statements about him not having any strength in his arms adds up to Bryan being out indefinitely.

The update on Bryan is that he may now also require shoulder surgery, as a full exam has revealed a lot of different shoulder and neck issues. At this point, because of uncertainty as to whether he’ll need surgery and what surgery it could be, he’s out of plans and there is no estimate on when he’ll return. The plan seemed to be the Roman Reigns ascension to being the top guy at WrestleMania 31 whether Bryan was hurt or not, but now the TV is built around Reigns as the major badass.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/07/daniel-bryans-facing-another-career-threatening-surgery-and-it-might-be-time-to-get-worried/

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'm going to be controversial and say being out indefinitely may not be an absolute disaster for him while Reigns is on the "ascension". Better for him to be on the sidelines keeping the fans dying for his return than be put in some god awful 2nd tier storyline while Reigns is being pushed to the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Eh, they also said their were no plans for AJ to return any time soon and now she's the champion. Wouldn't be shocked if WWE were making it seem like it is worse than it actually is to make his comeback seem more heroic, like what they do with Cena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

It's surely also possible than Bryan has decided he wants to take a bit of a sabbatical to get all repaired from a ton of issues that have been building up over the years? He won the championship at Wrestlemania to an adoring crowd, I'm sure he wanted that but I can't imagine the idea of being a John Cena type public figure with all the extra work that involves would appeal to him at all and it's hardly like it's looking like a particularly alluring workplace to return to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭savemejebus

His jokey comment from 2009 when it emerged he'd signed with WWE about needing to do it to take care of future medical bills is turning out to be, sadly, true.

His jokey comment from 2009 when it emerged he'd signed with WWE about needing to do it to take care of future medical bills is turning out to be, sadly, true.

Well him and Nigel McGuinness/Desmond Wolfe were side by side in doing this stuff:

McGuinness doesn't remember any of his matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ That match is brutal. An amazing spectacle, but my god the ring post spot is actually hard to watch. No wonder Nigel has no memory.

I'm still mystified as to why Bryan continued to use the Headbutt off the top rope as there is no good way to take the bump and to be blunt, it looks like crap.

I'm still mystified as to why Bryan continued to use the Headbutt off the top rope as there is no good way to take the bump and to be blunt, it looks like crap.

And Chris Benoit, Dynamite Kid and Harley Race messing themselves up with it really badly.

rovert wrote: »
    And Chris Benoit, Dynamite Kid and Harley Race messing themselves up with it really badly.

totally, was taking that as a universally accepted fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

And it is so closely associated with Benoit as well. Bizarre. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

D'von's never had any issues with his neck though, has he? Master of the diving headbutt, clearly.

Yeah though, that's the thing, he obviously works like hell every time he has to, takes very little consideration to what it'll do to his body or anything. If the timing of all this (reaching such a huge high and being aware they have no real intention of going beyond that with him) prompts him to sit back and take care of himself more, that's a good thing. Remember Punk was banging on about how he needed time off after Mania 29 for ages and he wound up only taking a few weeks off, he could've taken more there if he really wanted to and his run after the return was pretty bad overall too.

WWE will be releasing an autobiography of former WWE World Heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan, PWInsider.com has confirmed. The plan is to release the book in April 2015.

Craig Tello, a WWE.com writer who co-wrote WWE Ebook " Diary of a Heartbreak Kid: Shawn Michaels' Journey into the WWE Hall of Fame" will be working on the book with Bryan.

The plan is to frame the book around Bryan main eventing Wrestlemania 30 and tell stories from his life and career before making it to WWE as well as his WWE run.

The working title of the book is "YES! My Improbable Journey to the Main Event of WrestleMania."

Wonder what he says about his treatment during the Winter of 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,964 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Daniel Bryan, who hasn't wrestled since May, will now need surgery on his elbow.Bryan under went neck surgery on May 15, just six weeks after becoming the WWE world heavyweight champion at WrestleMania 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So it's a possibility we won't see Daniel Bryan until sometime in 2015.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hmmm. The Royal Rumble is in 2015! :eek:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I don't think he was ever due to return before the new year. A lot of the talk on the podcasts I listen to is he could we'll be gone until well after WM31

gimmick wrote: »
    I don't think he was ever due to return before the new year. A lot of the talk on the podcasts I listen to is he could we'll be gone until well after WM31

The latest thing in the Observer says there's no timetable for his return.

Well the most important thing is that Daniel obviously recovers from his injury and comes back firing on all cylinders.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A year off could do wonders for him in the long run, physically speaking.

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    A year off could do wonders for him in the long run, physically speaking.

This be true just imagine the pop when his music hits on his eventual return, and the year off like you said could do wonders for him, not everyone has John Cena's freakish ability to recover from an injury.

Advertisement