Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's just a movie, man. If you didn't like it, don't dwell on it, it's not worth it.

We're wrestling fans. Picking stuff apart is in our blood :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

OU812 wrote: »
    But John Blake isn't robin

His "real" name is Robin

That doesn't make him the superhero robin?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's more than just Dick Grayson, and Blake is simply Nolan's newest Robin, a more realistic, non-spandex wearing version of the sidekick. His backstory is basically an accumulation of three different comic-book versions of Robin....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

First off, the "Robin" namecheck was just an in-joke, a little nod to fans, (I actually thought it was a little clumsy, could have been better executed like seeing paperwork of his legal namechange coming through for example).

Secondly, Nightwing was several characters over the comics, & presumably can be any future character. I don't think JGL will be the new "Batman", he'd want his own identity - emulate rather than impersonate, because he'd know that people would know he's been replaced (unlike the "dread pirate Roberts").

A nightwing movie would be a logical extension to the brand - hasn't been done before, is darker & we already have the origin story taken care of. CN could write & exec produce & someone else could direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

There's more than just Dick Grayson, and Blake is simply Nolan's newest Robin, a more realistic, non-spandex wearing version of the sidekick. His backstory is basically an accumulation of three different comic-book versions of Robin....

His back story isn't the first cousin of three different robin accumulated,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm trying to delay watching Breaking Bad because I know it's the last one and it will have a cnut of a cliff hanger at the end :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm trying to delay watching Breaking Bad because I know it's the last one and it will have a cnut of a cliff hanger at the end :(

yep big end and crap forgot it was two mini seasons to end it, didnt think this was the last one for now. The Newsroom last weak, BB this week, seems ill have to break out some old tv to watch

It wasnt actually that bad an ending. The end of Season 4 was worse. I wanted Season 5 to start straight away! As awesome as it was, I can cope with that ending without going insane waiting for the next episode. :D

I had expected that as soon as I found out it was split in two, I just didnt know how it would happen. That might be why I dont find it that hard to deal with.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Renamed the Batman thread to the above. I want to talk about Breaking Bad with you guys but I don't want anyone in the Off-Topic to wander in & have it spoiled!

First off I was very relieved with how they ended this half of S5. A lot happened, and I don't think I could take another nerve-wracking drama like the end of last season. It was nice to finally have Walt enjoy a bit of his hard work and things to finally look up. Of course that always means something horrible's going to happen (re: The train episode and the conclusion)

Couple of questions :
    1) Why did Jesse break down after Walt dropped the bag off at his place?

2) How do you think Hank will go about this?

3) That stopwatch sequence with the band music was horrific. Really graphic. End one problem, bigger one up next!

4) Do you think the blonde new guy helping Walt cook is 'made' since he's Walt's first port of call if something needs doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

1) Why did Jesse break down after Walt dropped the bag off at his place?

I would say out of relief. He had contemplated having to kill Walt, or at least was prepared to defend himself with the gun. Walt just showing up and giving him the money must have been a surprise. It also shows, for me, how much Walt has got under Jesse's skin with the manipulation this season.

2) How do you think Hank will go about this?

I have no idea. I'm stumped. He definitely knows. But will he go out and just accuse him in front of the family etc etc. He's spending 9months in the bathroom haha.

3) That stopwatch sequence with the band music was horrific. Really graphic. End one problem, bigger one up next!

I absolutely loved it. So so violent. Whats the bigger problem?

4) Do you think the blonde new guy helping Walt cook is 'made' since he's Walt's first port of call if something needs doing?

Todd? I don't think Walt cares about anyone if he doesn't have a use for them. Todd is currently useful with his connections and willingness to work. I dont know what I make of him as a character yet. I don't know,I think Walt might be realising he regrets losing Jesse. The discussion in Jesses house about "the old days" etc just made me see, a glimpse of the old Walt.

All in all, a great half series. Its set everything up perfectly for what I'm sure will be an action packed last 8 episodes. I'm not sure what to make of Walt anymore, I don't know if I'm for or against him. In earlier seasons, when Hank came close to finding out, I was always hoping he wouldn't, rooting for Walt. Now that he has found out, I don't know how to feel about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe put the Breaking Bad stuff in spoiler tags if you don't want people wandering in and being spoiled? Or rename the thread to say Breaking Bad spoilers?

I'm only starting the entire series so I'll be up to date before the final episodes and won't have as much time to wait.

D.Q wrote: »
    I absolutely loved it. So so violent. Whats the bigger problem?

Todd? I don't think Walt cares about anyone if he doesn't have a use for them. Todd is currently useful with his connections and willingness to work. I dont know what I make of him as a character yet. I don't know,I think Walt might be realising he regrets losing Jesse. The discussion in Jesses house about "the old days" etc just made me see, a glimpse of the old Walt.
    Ah i meant that he got rid of the possible squealers, also got out, enjoy the brief dinner & chat by the pool, cause now he's got Hank to deal with!

Yep, Todd's an odd cat alright. He's quite unassuming to look at but he's also a cold-blooded killer, and he knows what to say and to whom. I didn't think he'd last after the Train episode, same with Lilly as well actually. She's quite a time bomb. Pretty much the exact opposite to Gus!

Since we're ticking down to the end, I do hope Hank discovers it and it all comes out in the wash. No sense having a neat and quiet end, the series and the characters arcs are coming to a close, and everything they'd hope would never come out, let's see this worst case scenario!

Definitely was odd seeing Walt act almost back to normal in this episode, doing the right thing with Jesse, not talking like meth is the only thing he has left in his life. I can't see how it's gonna work out well but that'll be the fun of it!

Was it mentioned, how come Walt's not the cook for the Philadelphia distribution anymore? Thought he was gonna leave New Mexico for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

As i said in the episode thread in relation to Hank's next move:

CMpunked wrote: »
    Hank can't rat Walt out, he knows what will happen.
    His whole livelihood will be destroyed.
    They fired his boss, whatshisname, moustache dude just for having gus over for dinner.

Can you imagine what they would do to Hank if they know that the drug lord was his dam brother in law?!

Furthering on from that I can't see him letting on he knows anything. He isn't going to want to believe it. So he could start following Walt around.
    And if Walt is well and truly 'out' he wont find much and its going to wreck his head. I expect around half way through the second half he just cracks and straight out asks him the truth and Walt will admit it because the cancer has come back and he tells him why.

Something like that anyway.

When Walt came over to Jesse I thought/hoped he had gotten them a new RV so they could go old school :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

There's a good article about Breaking Bad as the cover story of the current issue of Rolling Stone.

When Walt came over to Jesse I thought/hoped he had gotten them a new RV so they could go old school :D

Honestly so did I, especially as Walt said he had a present for him right after the RV conversation and yeah Jesse dropped the gun once he realised that it was the money and not anything else and showed his relief. He had been living off the grid since the prison killings went down and it would seem contemplated killing Walt.

I'd say Hank is 100% sure W.W is Walter White now, but would not move on it even to tell people of his suspicions (which if unproven wouldnt make him look good tbh) until he has proof. How he will get that proof? my guess would be something to do with Walt interacting with Jesse (maybe their hanging out and reminiscing will become more common now that they are both out). However the most likely thing seing as it is Hank on his trail would be for Walt and Skylar's marriage issues, Carwash & Gambling story to be looked into more, although obviously the fact that Walt payed for Hank's rehab might cause him to turn a blind eye to where Walt's early money came from. Seing as there will be several episodes left and Hank is now onto him I wouldnt be surprised if a number of these things happen plus perhaps Todd (always liked him since Friday Night Lights) will try and cook by himself or something similar (assume all the gear is there and we did see him trying seriously to learn from walt.

BB is an odd one though cos more than any other show im not sure who to root for. I guess Walt is still an anti hero but tbh I like Hank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Why have my posts been moved to the off topic thread?

Answered in the Off-Topic thread. Should've labelled this thread better - it's a thread made specifically for spoilers, everything else goes into the off-topic thread.

Good stuff BH. Are there any other plot points that are unresolved? Like if Jesse were to find a Lilly of the Valley plant at Walts? I guess also that Walt never saved Jesse's gf (Jane I think) but there's no reason to come clean with that now.

Can only imagine what Jesse thought might be in the money bag. Mike, maybe?

Definitely, the carwash and gambling (and tracking Walter & Jesse) seems the first port of call. I do think although Hank's alarms are going off he'll be looking for alternatives to believe it isn't Walt, as it'll ruin two families' lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I actually thought Walt was going to tell Jesse that the cancer had come back hence the reminiscing and such, just when I thought the show was going to fizzle out to it's break Hank finds the book,hard to say what Hank will do now he seems kind of disillusioned (His job conversation with Walt)

Roll on SOA!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,225 ✭✭✭✭Penn

EdK wrote: »
    I actually thought Walt was going to tell Jesse that the cancer had come back hence the reminiscing and such, just when I thought the show was going to fizzle out to it's break Hank finds the book,hard to say what Hank will do now he seems kind of disillusioned (His job conversation with Walt)

Roll on SOA!

There was three months between Hank being disillusioned and the ending, so I'd say Hank just accepted the fact that Heisenberg eluded him and he'd now never catch him.

Now that he knows it's Walt though, it's definitely going to kick off. I imagine Hank will have to try find more evidence first as the book wouldn't nearly be enough on it's own. We saw how obsessed he became with trying to catch both Gus and Mike. Now that he knows it's Walt, he's going to be unstoppable in trying to get evidence and taking Walt down.

Also, I have high hopes for SOA. Season 3 nearly lost me, but Season 4 was f*cking mega. If they can keep that up, it's going to be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,990 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Speaking of Jane from Breaking Bad, anyone watch Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 very funny but a short first season at least it is back for a second season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Finally watched the new episode of Dexter there.. WOW!! Absolutely incredible, that final scene was worthy of a season finale not a season opener!!!

Finally watched the new episode of Dexter there.. WOW!! Absolutely incredible, that final scene was worthy of a season finale not a season opener!!!
    The fingerprint app was a little much!

Was worried they werent going to go with it considering how thick Deb was throughout the episode. Delighted they did the right thing in the end.

Either that, or prison were the only ways to keep it interesting.

I think they've definitely set up for a big character death this season.. I reckon it's gonna be
    LeGuerta.. Especially how they set up her finding the blood sample.. And then the stuff about Doakes and The Bay Harbour Butcher.. Actually my favourite thing about this episode was all the callbacks to season 1 & 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The fingerprint app was a little much!
    I thought so too (and I've worked in forensics!) but a very similar thing does exist and is produced by Motorola. It's obviously not as slick as the one in the show though!

It was a great opener and the pace has definitely picked up which is a good thing as it started to slide a little in seasons 5 & 6. The kid they got to play the younger version of him looked scarily like him too!

Moved this here out of fear that i'd spoil Dexter on myself, wont be back home till next Sunday and that will be my first chance to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

So I am assuming we don't need spoiler tags anymore.....right.......

What a start to the season - incredible!

Walter I can see what you are saying about them killing off Laguerta - I hope they do.....wrecks my head she does!

In the books - she is a total moron and everyone thinks so she (book spoiler in tags)
    dies at the end of the first one
    and I wish they did that in the show too!

When dexter walked in and deb had found everything including the blood slides I went mental - amazing scene:

- "Are you a serial Killer?"
    - "Yes"

**goosebumps**

I cannot wait until next week!

• Advertisement

So I am assuming we don't need spoiler tags anymore.....right.......

What a start to the season - incredible!

Walter I can see what you are saying about them killing off Laguerta - I hope they do.....wrecks my head she does!

In the books - she is a total moron and everyone thinks so she (book spoiler in tags)
    dies at the end of the first one
    and I wish they did that in the show too!

When dexter walked in and deb had found everything including the blood slides I went mental - amazing scene:

- "Are you a serial Killer?"
    - "Yes"

**goosebumps**

I cannot wait until next week!
    That scene was absolutely incredible and for me was as amazing as when Dexter finds Rita in the bathtub.. Hopefully this season will live up to this opening episode but it's certainly gonna be tough to do!!

Advertisement