Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Weather WP7 App

• 01-03-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

Carlow Weather has a new app available for Windows Phone

SNIP)
    Hopefully the site will get a make over soon with new features.

NO ADVERTISING, BREACH OF CHARTER RULES

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

NOTE TO ALL,

There is to be no advertising on the forum, this is a breach of the charter. Even though an advert can be weather related, this still does not give you the right to potentially make a profit through promotion on this site. Bans will be given if this is ignored in the future,
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The app is now free the same as my iOS app and I have spent thousands on weather systems and endless hours of my time to provide FREE weather information.

FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

It's all in the Guidelines here
    Don't advertise your company

We strongly protect the conversational feel of this site. Interjecting your commercial message into that conversation is not only rude, counterproductive, against the rules but also a poor way to win customers, build goodwill and will ultimately get you banned.
    We have two alternatives for commercial interaction with the community.
    • We have forum-targeted ads - you can find out more here.
    • You can have your own forum for your own company/organisation - please contact us.
    Promotion is NOT our focus here, discussion is.

Thanks Fergal but it's not commercial at all and there is certainly no Company involved.

If the weather forum don't want people to advertise how they are providing FREE weather information fair enough, funny old world we live in heh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Not commercial, yet you said it could be bought and gave the link. €0.99 was the price quoted at the time, you've since made it free when challenged.

• Advertisement

Su Campu wrote: »
    Not commercial, yet you said it could be bought and gave the link. €0.99 was the price quoted at the time, you've since made it free when challenged.
    I didn't make it free the author of the App did as you can see the author isn't me I made the information available for free I have nothing to gain from the app other than another way to access the free weather info I provide. The forum charter deals with companies and commercial use, it doesn't apply to this situation.

We aren't all out to make money from the weather ;)

FREE Android App is available now also
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mammothtooth.carlowweather

(this is a free NON Commercial not for profit service)

Advertisement