I had my oral today (should I be writing this in Irish? Ah well
It went very well, I was really pleased with it. I presume you wanna know what he asked?
- surveillance on the Internet.. is the Internet dangerous
- "what is a computer? I've never seen one"
- Germany - the differences between Ireland and Germany (but probably only because I told him I worked there last summer)
- other places thar lear
- the Gaeltacht - why did I choose the one on Inis Mor.. what was on the island.. what is Dun Aonghasa.. would I like to live on Inis Mor
- what I want to do in college - how many points I need to get - what grade do I think I'll get in Irish - what grade I got in Irish in the JC - is the standard of Irish high among students in general - what did I get in my other subjects in the JC - why am I doing all subjects at higher level - what are the advantages of this
- teachers strike
- the Irish course - what do I think of it - what novel have I done - do I prefer pros or filiocht (when I said pros he asked me about Clann Lir and aibheal and bealoideas)
and Sliocht a naoi
He didn't ask me *anything* about my family/my town/my school/my pasttimes - the normal things... but there are only 10 people in my school doing honours irish so he asked us more difficult questions. My friends doing pass were asked all the normal family/pasttimes/etc.
Hope I've helped somehow.. beidh tu ceart go leor