Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

behanator wrote: »
    Visiting friends in Clonee yesterday and heard an extremely strong carrier on 91.6 with some mains hum on it, anyone else hear it?

Think was a station station that had Dance Pieta House as the rds. I heard that too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Scan from Liffey Valley this morning...

91.0 - Hot FM
    91.6 - Blank carrier with loud hum
    98.4 - 80s (local only)
    99.5 - EnergyAM
    107.1 - Club FM

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

JDxtra wrote: »

91.0 - Hot FM
    98.4 - 80s (local only)
    99.5 - EnergyAM
    107.1 - Club FM

Good to hear Club fm Back on fm for an Automated station it has to be the best by a long way i heard Mixes from dj paul coady last nite good effort put in by the guys @clubfm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

91.0 - Hot FM
    98.4 - 80s (local only)
    99.5 - EnergyAM
    107.1 - Club FM

Around the southside, I picked up those above highlighted as well as the following:
    FM:
    94.3 - Relay of Charity Radio
    96.0 - ABC 96FM - relatively strong around Clonskeagh

AM/MW:
    1395 kh - Energy Power AM

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Energy Power AM on 1395khz has been a very strong usable signal in Pembrokeshire over the week end ,indoors as well as in the garden.
    Especially on the north coast at sea level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 behanator

Hearing Charity radio on 1395 medium wave since earlier today, they're doing an all-day broadcast with 17 presenters through the day. Is this a record in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Docbrown

behanator wrote: »
    Hearing Charity radio on 1395 medium wave since earlier today, they're doing an all-day broadcast with 17 presenters through the day. Is this a record in Ireland?
    Hi behanator don't think this would be a record in Ireland as if memory serves me their where one or two stations in the past would have had up to around 40 djs in 4 hours live on air from same venue 90s years

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Galaxy FM on 104.1 with a strong signal & Club FM off 107.1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Is Galaxy FM a new Dublin pirate or is it coming from another county?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Considering KIC 104.0 were raided for causing (allegedly ) interference to Shannonside on 104.1 , putting any kind of power on 104.1 may not be the cleverest move in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Robdx

Shannonside TX Site 104.1
    I believe is in Longford
    I can't imagine them interfering with that
    K.I.C.K 104.0 running 2KW of power with 150FT Tower

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Is Galaxy FM a new Dublin pirate or is it coming from another county?

No Galaxy are the station in Kildare that move around the band & have changed names a few times in the last few months (Kiss FM)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Robdx wrote: »
    Shannonside TX Site 104.1
    I believe is in Longford
    I can't imagine them interfering with that
    K.I.C.K 104.0 running 2KW of power with 150FT Tower

104.1 is 2.5kW from Slieve Bawn Mountain in Co. Roscommon.

It's a ridiculously good site. It was receivable in parts of Kerry before 4FM came along in Limerick on 104.2.

104.1 from Roscommon is receivable on the N7 heading out of Dublin so the reverse being true wouldn't be beyond imagination.

Not any longer on N7 strong signal from Galaxy this time I can't imagine them causing interference
    To them storm north east operate just outside Drogheda on 104.2 no issues there
    K.I.C.K 104.0 at the time 2002 where pushing out big power
    From a very high Site with big Tower
    This is why they got into problems
    Comreg will always say the Pirates were interfering with other stations it's just what they do lol
    Think there was a video on RTE about K.I.C.K FM anyone got it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Not any longer on N7 strong signal from Galaxy this time I can't imagine them causing interference
    To them storm north east operate just outside Drogheda on 104.2 no issues there
    K.I.C.K 104.0 at the time 2002 where pushing out big power
    From a very high Site with big Tower
    This is why they got into problems
    Comreg will always say the Pirates were interfering with other stations it's just what they do lol
    Think there was a video on RTE about K.I.C.K FM anyone got it

My apologies, I thought you were saying the current signal was from the 150ft tower. My mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Infoanon wrote: »
    Considering KIC 104.0 were raided for causing (allegedly ) interference to Shannonside on 104.1 , putting any kind of power on 104.1 may not be the cleverest move in the world.

Looking back on the search thingy here, a station by the name of Galaxy were raided by COMREG about 6 years ago. Is this the same operation?

Anything happening out there guys
    on the FM dial

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dbmicrovolt

Anything happening out there guys
    on the FM dial

Over 24 hours with no reply tells its own story I think.... is FM going the way of DAB?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

galaxy kildare now on 98.9 apparently.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

galaxy kildare now on 98.9 apparently.

That’s a bit dodgy with Lyric on 98.7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

marno21 wrote: »
    That’s a bit dodgy with Lyric on 98.7

and 99.1

and 99.1
    Whatever about 99.1 being that 99.1 is for the Greystones area, 98.7 is the prime outlet for North Kildare. That won't go down well at all.

I can't imagine them causing any problems for
    Lyric FM from Kippure with kilowatts output
    Vs small pirate station

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Whatever about 99.1 being that 99.1 is for the Greystones area, 98.7 is the prime outlet for North Kildare. That won't go down well at all.

Galaxy was easily reaching up as far as Kells and toward Mullingar today. No way will they last on air long at this rate.

Infernus that's good coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Picking up some digital radio on a FreeDAB MUX in Dublin. Don't throw out those DAB radios just yet.

Strong Sporadic E in Cork atm. Spanish station on 104.8 immediately wiped out by an Italian station on 104.8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Strong Sporadic E in Cork atm. Spanish station on 104.8 immediately wiped out by an Italian station on 104.8.

Just to confirm, Radiole and Ser+,( getting RDS on car radio)both from Spain coming in loud and clear in North Co.Cork this afternoon. Strange as we are not in high pressure weather at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Picking up some digital radio on a FreeDAB MUX in Dublin. Don't throw out those DAB radios just yet.

Where in Dublin are you picking it up? My radio has been silent here in D5 since RTÉ switched off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

galtee boy wrote: »
    Just to confirm, Radiole and Ser+,( getting RDS on car radio)both from Spain coming in loud and clear in North Co.Cork this afternoon. Strange as we are not in high pressure weather at the moment.

I picked up something Spanish on 99.5 around Bray on the M50 earlier, didn't get a name or RDS though.

Advertisement