Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Panerai!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

unkel wrote: »
    Didn't even notice. Just trying now to force my hand up in a smaller than 90 degree angle with my underarm and even then it doesn't

And in other news, man who wears a Deep Sea James Cameron daily doesnt find Panerai too big. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It fits you bang on. That watch on me would look beyond daft. Plus I'd end up leaning to my left side. :) As for your ageing eyes, all but one of my mates is in complete denial. And then on occasion when they show me something on their phone and the text is 50 point and they're still holding the phone at arms length to read it. I've suggested a selfie stick for when that stops working. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I had a Panerai homage years ago from Getat (who remembers him? :) )
    Anyway it looked huuuge on my wrist, that sizing looks perfect on you Unkel, well wear sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I have my panerai a couple of months now and it’s the first watch that has made think I could manage with just one watch

• Registered Users Posts: 64,771 ✭✭✭✭unkel

scwazrh wrote: »
    I have my panerai a couple of months now and it’s the first watch that has made think I could manage with just one watch

Which one do you have scwarzh?

• Advertisement

Which one do you have scwarzh?

I’ve the 1084

[IMG][/img]9F0tskd.jpg

Yep. That's class.

Is it me or are there several reference numbers that are very similar watches, nearly identical? I guess it's probably me being a Panerai n00b :p

Mine is the PAM00196, which is very similar (but not identical) to the PAM00250 that Edinburgh Watch Company put up for sale a few days ago:

Yep. That's class.

Is it me or are there several reference numbers that are very similar watches, nearly identical? I guess it's probably me being a Panerai n00b :p

The joys of being a Paneristi . Soon enough you’ll be rattling off references number like Nico from pride& pinion .

I’ve found Panerai to be a bit of a rabbit hole . You start by learning the history, then you realise the history is actually made up bull **** so you have to go find the true history .
    I’m sold on their watches though , they’re the perfect size for me, you always know it’s there cause of the heft of it and a strap change completely changes the look of it .

A submersible is on my near future list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Do Pamphibias count?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

You got to be patient in this game, not my forte. But as they say all good things...

PAM00196

551757.jpg

Thanks to two regular forum members for their guidance buying this. You know who you are.

No idea how I didn’t see this until. My Panerai is also a Daylight (shocking connection to a Stallone film) which I wear on a burgundy croc strap. Must get it out. Unworn for 2 years probably.

• Advertisement

Do Pamphibias count?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Fitz II wrote: »
    No

:(

It's all about the straps! Like my new (to me) Toshi tan leather strap, but guess what came in the post this morning, all the way from sunny Portugal?

553941.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭CarProblem

maybe 25% on topic,one for our left handed brethren

There's a "destro" just like that for sale on TZ!

Long time coming, but I did a deal today on a PAM00932. Pics to follow when I get it, but that's likely a few weeks away. To say I'm excited is a massive understatement.

Stunning Panerai for sale on TZ , expensive though if caught for vat coming in

Nice head on the watch but somehow I am not sure of the bracelet...maybe my eye is just in on Panerai on a strap.

Definitely looks better on the sailcloth style strap. I’ve never had a Panerai steel bracelet on my wrist so don’t know firsthand how good they are .The link shape is very different from the norm .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Was looking at that last night its lovely 42mm submersible seems popular actually.

I must dig out pics of the various models I've had down the years am currently pamless, hopefully I'm not wearing a gingham shirt in every pic :D

• Advertisement

I'm with you there Fitz. It's a beautiful watch but somehow Panerai going standard shape dive watch like everyone else's shape after their own history of dive watches, somehow doesn't look right. Same for the bracelet

Submersibles wouldn't be for me. But there is obviously a market for it. And for the new smaller, more delicate, but tradional looking Panerai "Due" range. For me both are ploys from the marketing department. But a lot of stuff from Panerai is and has been from the marketing department for a long time. This stuff would give you mixed feelings about the brand.

unkel- Panerai going standard shape dive watch like everyone else's shape after their own history of dive watches, somehow doesn't look right. Same for the bracelet

I don’t think there is any other dive watches that look like the submersible range . The Smaller size would be more common all right but unless you’ve wrists like tree trunks the 47mm submersible is unwearable for most people

Oh I agree. It's a beautiful clean looking diver with a fantastic dial. I just mean the rotational bezel in particular. I would have thought most Panerai buyers (myself included) were looking to get away from that or were never into that.

There was a delivery earlier this morning. Can't wait to open it. Need to find a quick break from work, just stuck in this teams call now...

If you're busy I can swing by and open it for you..

Triple boxed, full set, mint. Looks unworn. Also took less than a minute to register for the 8 years extended warranty, so well over 5 years left on that now, thanks for the tip lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

lovely! Well wear!

And fair play for stepping away from the warm safe grasp of Rolex residuals!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,469 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That's really nice @unkel lovely sunburst and the size suits you well.

Well wear 👍

That’s stunning @unkel .Well wear .A nice blue alligator strap will really set it off

Funny you mention that. The dark navy blue alligator strap is OEM for this watch along with a blue rubber. My watch just came with above genuine Panerai leather, which is not standard. I'm no fan of the alligator strap, had it on my last Panerai

A few more straps are on order though, a new black Toshi from the UK, a made to order cork strap from Portugal and just to offend the eyes of a few regulars here, going to find myself a good stingray 😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,469 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Have an eye on 2 Pam's at the moment. I am a sheep 😂

1 is ceramic Pam 441 tried one on recently and as everyone should know at this stage I am a sucker for a GMT and the other an 8 day brevetatto.

I blame Unkel and Kostal tbh 😂

Advertisement