Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Repair - Camper fridge

Options
  • 17-04-2021 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

HELP !!

I need someone, ideally around Cork, to have a look Electrolux fridge fitted to my Westfalia camper?. The fridge works, however there's a problem with the on / off control.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭niloc1951

harper61 wrote: »
    HELP !!

I need someone, ideally around Cork, to have a look Electrolux fridge fitted to my Westfalia camper?. The fridge works, however there's a problem with the on / off control.

If it's a compressor fridge (same as a regular house fridge) an ordinary white goods service person who does fridges should be able to help.
    Otherwise, you could try Camper World in Midleton

The 12v switches often weld shut on absorption switches meaning they can't be turned off. You could replace the switch or just disconnect it. If you use an inverter to power the 230v AC element instead it actually works better through the high tech. wizardy of thermostatic control.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

harper61 wrote: »
    HELP !!

I took mine out to replace the gas igniter and I may have done the switch at the same time. It was sparking very slow so wouldn't light the gas easily. Its not hard a good plumber would be able the handle the gas side of it as well as change the parts it's not difficult. I'm in Dublin so can't help

Slow spark is usually low battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Slow spark is usually low battery.

No it was fine the coil or caps in the timer for it were on the way out the new unit works perfectly, it was a few years ago something like this

https://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/dometic-electrolux-igniter-unit-model-679-caravan-12v-5120-p.asp

• Advertisement
Advertisement