Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Choo choo trains

Options
  • 29-09-2020 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Any of this stuff important to the historical signifigance of Irish railways?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Heres some stuff

And here

And this little beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Marlay

Irish Railway Record Society would know http://irishrailarchives.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Any of this stuff important to the historical signifigance of Irish railways?

The cast iron mechanical item in the photographs is an Edmondson ticket https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmondson_railway_ticket dating machine which was in every station in the country years ago i.e quite a lot of them survive in collections.

The BUT railcar manual and the padlock would be of interest to railwayana collectors - eBay or Adverts.ie but not of historic significance. The ticket dating machine - adverts.ie as they are quite common. As for the IRRS you will be lucky to get a response as they have only recently switched over from gas lighting.

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The cast iron mechanical item in the photographs is an Edmondson ticket https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmondson_railway_ticket dating machine which was in every station in the country years ago i.e quite a lot of them survive in collections.

The BUT railcar manual and the padlock would be of interest to railwayana collectors - eBay or Adverts.ie but not of historic significance. The ticket dating machine - adverts.ie as they are quite common. As for the IRRS you will be lucky to get a response as they have only recently switched over from gas lighting.

Thanks for that, whats the IRRS?

Is the wire off the howth tramline any use? I have moved it around now about 4 times decorating the house and keep meaning to ask about it.

The GNRI spanner thing is another one I keep moving.

I also have a ladder from one of the store rooms or something, it looms like it has loads of staffs names carved into it. Property of pearse street or something stamped on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Thanks for that, whats the IRRS?

Is the wire off the howth tramline any use? I have moved it around now about 4 times decorating the house and keep meaning to ask about it.

The GNRI spanner thing is another one I keep moving.

I also have a ladder from one of the store rooms or something, it looms like it has loads of staffs names carved into it. Property of pearse street or something stamped on it.

The IRRS = Irish Railway Record Society based in the old Goods Offices at Heuston Station near the public carpark. The Transport Museum at Howth Castle might like the wire from the tramline?

Advertisement