Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grammar Book

Options
  • 05-09-2016 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all!

I have recently returned to Ireland after four years, and I want to apply for a post graduate degree in primary education, however I need to brush up on Irish.

Can any of you recommend a good and easy to follow Irish grammar book?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Gramadach Gan Stró is the one you'll most likely be recommended most often. The teacher training colleges tend to use it for language tutorials.

I'm a big fan of Graiméar Meánscoile myself. It's a small green book, nicely laid out, simple practice exercises.

Graiméar Gaeilge na mBráithre Críostaí should be available to view for free online if you need to reference something in detail at short notice.

Go n-éirí go geal leat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clairencw

That's great! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yeah Graiméar Meánscoile is my favourite grammar book, I'd definitely recommend that.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭madbeanman

An bhfuil Gramadach gan Stró agus Graiméar Méanscoile scríofa i mBearla nó i nGaeilge?

Advertisement