Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

An Emerson College poll last month indicates Trump would win in a 2024 election against Biden. So much for Trump's low approval ratings, eh? Unless you think there are "Shy Biden Supporters" out there. But there couldn't possibly be any, right?😅

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,475 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What was the sample size, who was the sample, what level of credibility does the poll have?

Seems strange that a college, part of the Liberal left elite, would allow such a poll.

And surely the Liberal left media would have suppressed it.

How did you even find out about it?

You caught me. Yes, I read the liberal rag 'Newsweek' at times, mostly in doctor's offices. I hope I don't have my GOP card taken away for admitting it. 😅

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-beats-joe-biden-latest-2024-election-poll-1646713

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I see polls are back as a thing to be trusted again. It’s amazing the cycles these things go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pure desperation from the cultists, it'd be sad if it wasn't so funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It's the cheating liberals. They are disseminating this information to make trump voters complacent so that they assume that trump has won the popular and electoral college majority, thus negating their need to vote.

In trump words: they lie 'cos they don't want you to vote. Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 18,965 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You say:

"IMO, In 2020, democrats used COVID as an excuse to make moves that made the election rife for abuse by their surrogates. such as taking seemingly illegal actions against election laws, the misuse and seemingly illegal use of things like ZuckBucks in swing states, and abuses of ballot harvesting by democrat operatives, ensuring a Biden win."

Lies, lies, lies. There is no evidence of any of this rubbish you posted. All lies. How many courts of law (of Republican appointed judges even) does it need to be thrown out of for you to accept it is lies?

Lies. Your leader lied to you.

He lied to you then. He lies to you now. He is a liar. Always has been. Always will be. A big fat liar

I'd love to hear from a mod why that poster is allowed to continue to peddle conspiracy theories in a current affairs thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I don't read propaganda. In the circumstance of the election of 2020 the courts have ruled. Trump lost. As well as being a big liar, he is a big fat loser

If you get your US news from the mainstream media then you DO read propaganda.

Recall four years of faux Russia, Russia, Russia propaganda from the media?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Someone bringing a lawsuit does not equal proof of anything. Regardless, this paragraph from the article you posted sums up the reality of the situation:

Gov. Wolf also sent Channel 11 a statement:

In a year of crass and partisan litigation, this lawsuit sets a new low bar. To be clear, Congressman Kelly is seeking to disenfranchise the nearly 2.7 million Pennsylvania voters who voted by mail-in ballot in the general election, including over 100,000 of his own constituents. The legislation that the Congressman’s lawsuit attacks was passed by an overwhelming bipartisan vote in 2019. His effort to undermine it now an extraordinary partisan attack, and should be condemned by anyone who cares about the legitimacy of our democracy.

So what happened in those cases? They are all months old, nearly a year. One would think that proof would have been shown at this stage, not simply investigating.

But regardless, you have continually claimed it was fraud. Yet provided nothing but possibles.

Why have you chosen to believe Trump, a proven liar, without any evidence?

At what point will you accept that it wasn't fraud, or it it like proving a negative! It can never be done.

And why has Trump stopped the cases? He went all out (60 at least) but seems to have stopped. On such a critical issue, and we can all agree that election security is vital, he seems to have just given up, save of course for repeating it over and over again.

Manifort is currently in prison.

And of course it never got to a real outcome. Unlike your conspiracy that the dems control everything, Trump actually, and openly, fixed it that the DoJ head was working for him and the GOP did everything to protect him.

Trump openly corrupted the investigation but you were too busy worring about Dems to even notice

Because now what's being done is an "Ali G". Using "with respect" (if anyone is old enough to remember 🙂) and prefixed/suffixed it by saying "IMO". Old trump trick. Except he used "they say" or "I hear" or similar. It's a get out of jail free clause. " I never said that was fact. I said IMO." Or "I never said that. That's what I heard. So it's their fault". Look back here and on trump's speeches. He may be a vile waste of flesh and oxygen thief (in the same way that biden is a doddering old fool it seems). But he knows how to avoid being prosecuted. Witness his call with the lawyers to a govoner who's state he lost. His people stating " he never threatened". True. Turned up with his lawyers but never threatened. Waste of flesh. Sure, but due to lifetime of dodgy business (I WILL say "fact") knows how to wriggle out of a corner. As I say, just look how the phrasing has changed as counter evidence is presented. From "Fact" to "IMO". Just look and see.

Save your energy man, it's not worth trying to reason with someone who doesn't want to listen to reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It would remind me of the scene in blackadder when Melchett describes the German spies and the brave English spies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭briany

Why have you chosen to believe Trump, a proven liar, without any evidence?

Because Trump is (or at least proclaims to be) pro-gun, anti-abortion, said he'd keep the Mexicans out (and the Muslims), would get that steel mill or coal mine in that rust belt town back to work, barely denounces crazy conspiracy theories, openly fans the flames of far-right paranoia, panders to evangelicals, and is rude, loud and crass. Best of all, he really, really, really upsets American liberals. He is what his supporters want. He's not a unifier. He's a big 'f*ck you'. He's all the things a disturbingly large proportion of American voters have apparently been wanting to say for a long time, but have been kind of pussyfooting around, but here it is now in clear language. He is a statement, in bloated man-shaped form, that one side is rapidly losing interest in abiding by political norms. He's a political wrecking ball that's still doing damage. Easy to see why his supporters love him so. There will never be a leader who is a more succinct representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Well I would be surprised if there weren’t numerous reports especially considering previous slapdown for using terms like sleepy joe

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Just on your last point so if the GOP do play by the rules. What should they do and also what should their ultimate goal be? Is it a one party system, a trump dictatorship or what did you envision it being?

Unfortunately I have to agree with much if this. I spent quite a bit of time in late 90s/early-to-mid 2000s in the mid west with work. Months at a time. And I really liked it. The people were friendly, at least initially. Optimistic, at least initially.. But there was always an undercurrent. Remember us talking to someone in a bar (small town, large group of Irish people. Drew attention. People were curious. No problem). Talking to a guy. Never met him before. Before judging our potential reaction, he goes " Man, you guys have it great there. No snow and no f*cking n*ggers". I mean, what do you say to that? Since then, the US is not the super power it one was.

Its racial problems and yearning for some mythical 50s era when all was right with the world (women in the kitchen, N*ggers in the slums and homosexuals non-existant). The political embracing of racists/white supremacists, the demonisation of science, has meant they no longer are the moral superpower they once were. (If ever. If anyone could be considered a moral superpower. But certainly this was the image they projected to the world in the face of communism)

They are no longer the military or financial superpower they once were. Trump was right about one thing. The world is laughing at the US. But not because of the democrats. We are laughing at a nation that could select him. We are laughing at a modern country that teaches Adam and Eve as science as apposed to religion. We are laughing at how the politicians will bite off their nose to spite their face. . Would prefer to let a proposition that would help millions, die, if it meant working with the other party. We are NOT laughing as they send coal representatives to environmental summits as their environmental experts. We are NOT laughing as they produce more waste per head of population than the next four countries combined. We are NOT laughing as every few weeks there is another mass murderer event while their politicians take bribes from gun manufacturers/lobbyists. We are laughing as trump mangles the English language while telling people that he is a genius and suggesting that people inject bleach and/or swallow light bulbs. We are laughing as he claims to be responsible for vaccines that were developed by multi national corporations by foreign teams outside of the US. We are laughing as a politician calls trump one of the greatest political minds and the greatest orator ever..... With a straight face. We are NOT laughing when we watch people try to overthrow the election process by attacking government building live on TV. We are not laughing as we watch (months before elections) as the US (supposedly the bastion of democracy) attempts to rig election by attempting to strip the postal service (causing deaths) to stop mail in votes. MONTHS before elections. We are NOT laughing when we see the pride in the republicans as they proudly try (and fail) to strip people of what the rest of the world would consider a human right: health care.

So they are folding in upon themselves. Isolating themselves from the world. Fearful of the world and themselves.

So it turns on its allies. Isolated itself and then turns on itself. Of course it is still massively powerful but this fear and self doubt is now visible to all....... Trump is not the cause..... But he is the poster boy and the loudest voice. And now the world knows...... And so does the US.

Edit: Fixed some autocorrect typos

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I think you really should be in the conspiracy theory forum at this stage. It's pathetic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

First link is people upset that eligible voters are being allowed to vote, so think we can safely ignore that as having any valid argument in a democracy.

Last link seems to be someone who worked for a GOP candidate being involved in creating a fake video showing votes being altered for the Democrat candidate so that the GOP candidate could claim election fraud.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/San-Antonio-woman-accused-of-election-fraud-gave-15994192.php

Hard to believe that the country is salvageable when you see shït like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,965 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

And they said it was the Democrats who wanted to get rid of Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

It's interesting to see a Trump supporter, and how anything Trump does can be rationalised. It seems more like a brainwashed cult, or Trump religion, than anything else, and it's certainly not democracy. It's a bit ironic how Trump, and his like, call the democrats 'communist' (thought he obviously doesn't have a clue what communism is), when his brand of anti-democracy is closer to a one party communist system, and where the actual election outcome doesn't count, and the only thing that does count is that he says he won. The man doesn't seem to have a shred of decency, and is clearly delusional, and many of his followers have either followed him into delusion or are so biased that they allow themselves to support his nonsense while still possibly trying to hold decent views on other things (though I'd wonder about that)!

All in all this MAGA stuff is backfiring as far as I can see. What example to any other country in the world is the US holding up? With a good percentage of one of the two main parties believing that the election was 'stolen' and acting on it, with guns everywhere against an imaginary enemy, with religious people expressing views and bigotry that have no place in any religion, with the absolute car crash of a response to Covid that made US excess deaths way above most developed countries in the world. How can any US citizen point to China, or most anywhere else, and somehow claim the moral high ground, despite countries like China not having a system you would envy? Makes me appreciate living in Ireland / Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Agreed

Why the f*ck are kids from Colorado wearing Packers and Raiders gear???

Advertisement