Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vaccines for the Oulwans & Oulfellas

• 18-05-2021 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Anyone here still waiting for an appointment to get a vaccine? I have relatives 68/69 yrs still waiting. They registered a month ago. Phone calls to HSE, and GP have produced nothing. :( (N.B. I posted this in the Vaccine Megathread as advised by a Mod but its such a busy thread my query has got lost.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,012 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Anyone I know in my (over 70) age group has been fully 'done'. And I know several 50's who are at least half vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Happy for them, but disappointing for our gang.

The point I am making is that the 60's slot has passed, so they should have been done. More nagging of gp and reapplying on the register should be done I imagine.

looksee wrote: »
    The point I am making is that the 60's slot has passed, so they should have been done. More nagging of gp and reapplying on the register should be done I imagine.

I suppose. I'm tired trying to keep up with the megathread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,405 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Everybody I know from 56 to 59 and those 61+ have had at least a first dose. For some reason none of the 60 year olds have been done yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

My problem with vaccine is that we got the Astro Zeneca one and have another 8 weeks to go until the second dose. Many a year or so older and those under 60 have had the other vaccines and already have had the second dose so will be all set for the covid 'passport' whenever it comes available.

Garlinge wrote: »
    My problem with vaccine is that we got the Astro Zeneca one and have another 8 weeks to go until the second dose. Many a year or so older and those under 60 have had the other vaccines and already have had the second dose so will be all set for the covid 'passport' whenever it comes available.

They said four weeks after the first AZ dose was considered fully vaccinated for 'vaccine bonus' purposes.

I'm wondering if there has been a botch up somewhere. Can't understand how they can vaccine 40's and 50's and still haven't done all the 60's yet!! :mad:

Yes Jim I am happy with the cover of Astro vaccine after 4 weeks but wonder if that will be acceptable for travel purposes and the proposed 'passport'?

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/

I find the information on this site a bit confusing, but there is a section
    Registration for people aged 45 to 69
    partway down the page that says that over 47s who are not vaccinated can register, so maybe registering/reregistering might be possible? Otherwise keep on phoning the gp.

• Advertisement

Re-registering doesn't work. It just says you're already registered. You can't get to talk to a doctor these days. They have sentries at the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

Still know lots of 60s and late 50s with no appointment yet. The only thing you can do is ring the HSE line.. The first time you ring, you're told they'll escalate your case. When nothing happens and you ring again, they tell you they can see that your case has already been escalated, there's nothing more they can do and that you should get an appointment soon - maybe even straight after the call.... Nothing happens. Its really weird how its happening with no logic in terms of age or when you registered. 60+people left waiting while siblings who are younger have been called, people 60+ waiting over 4 weeks while someone who only got round to registering this week (Age 57) got an appointment the same day and vaccinated the next day.

It seems that the vaccine capacity in Meath/Louth is significantly below what it needs to be, based on population size, but even allowing for that there is no sense or reason as to why younger people are getting priority over older people.

Rket4000 wrote: »
    Still know lots of 60s and late 50s with no appointment yet. The only thing you can do is ring the HSE line.. The first time you ring, you're told they'll escalate your case. When nothing happens and you ring again, they tell you they can see that your case has already been escalated, there's nothing more they can do and that you should get an appointment soon - maybe even straight after the call.... Nothing happens. Its really weird how its happening with no logic in terms of age or when you registered. 60+people left waiting while siblings who are younger have been called, people 60+ waiting over 4 weeks while someone who only got round to registering this week (Age 57) got an appointment the same day and vaccinated the next day.

It seems that the vaccine capacity in Meath/Louth is significantly below what it needs to be, based on population size, but even allowing for that there is no sense or reason as to why younger people are getting priority over older people.

We were told this morning that there was an IT glitch when many 60 year Olds registered and that, while they keep escalating it, it could be three weeks until it's sorted. :mad:

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    We were told this morning that there was an IT glitch when many 60 year Olds registered and that, while they keep escalating it, it could be three weeks until it's sorted. :mad:

Can they not just delete them and ask people impacted to register again. Surely that would sort it?

Rket4000 wrote: »
    Can they not just delete them and ask people impacted to register again. Surely that would sort it?

I suggested that when my wife was on to them. Apparently 'computer says no'.

😡

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I suggested that when my wife was on to them. Apparently 'computer says no'.

Must be a virus. :/

Apparently on the HSE Twit account there are plenty of 60+ year olds, registered, who haven't been called for vaccination as yet. Something's gone horribly wrong somewhere and they are not admitting it. :mad:

Apparently on the HSE Twit account there are plenty of 60+ year olds, registered, who haven't been called for vaccination as yet. Something's gone horribly wrong somewhere and they are not admitting it. :mad:

They admitted to my wife that there was an IT glitch with a large batch of 60 year old's who registered on the same day. They said, last week, that it could be three weeks before it was sorted. Our GP phoned and gave them an earful about a large number of his patients being affected and she got an appointment two days later, as did four others we knew who were in the same boat.

Pity our GP won't even speak to our family members. Can't get past the sentry at the door! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Everybody I know from 56 to 59 and those 61+ have had at least a first dose. For some reason none of the 60 year olds have been done yet.
    Here's one. I got my first (Pfizer) at Enniscorthy on 11 May - place was full of 60 year olds....

2nd last week

Beasty wrote: »
    Here's one. I got my first (Pfizer) at Enniscorthy on 11 May - place was full of 60 year olds....

2nd last week

There was a glitch in a particular day of registration of 60 year Olds which is now corrected. All were AZ.

You did well. I'm 62 and got mine 12th May AZ as well.

I had to cancel vaccine no 2 appointment for Saturday next. I was told a minimum of 3 weeks til new appointment.

Advertisement