Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 244 Masvidal v Diaz

• 30-10-2019 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

UFC 244 Main Card 2am

170 lbs.: Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz
    185 lbs.: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Darren Till
    170 lbs.: Vicente Luque vs. Stephen Thompson
    265 lbs.: Blagoy Ivanov vs. Derrick Lewis
    155 lbs.: Kevin Lee vs. Gregor Gillespie

UFC 244 Prelims Card 12am

205 lbs.: Corey Anderson vs. Johnny Walker
    145 lbs.: Makwan Amirkhani vs. Shane Burgos
    185 lbs.: Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Brad Tavares
    265 lbs.: Andrei Arlovski vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik

UFC 244 Prelims Card 10:30pm

135 lbs.: Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jennifer Maia
    170 lbs.: Lyman Good vs. Chance Rencountre
    145 lbs.: Julio Arce vs. Hakeem Dawodu

Masvidal or Diaz? 33 votes

Masvidal by ko/tko
    0%
    Masvidal by submission
    36%
    Pigheaddave1982xtal191eurokevhawaii501VW 1john whyMehaffey1jeff binghamianob7HomelanderJohnny Sausage 12 votes
    Masvidal by decision
    0%
    Diaz by ko/tko
    39%
    dubrovdavidsatelle100magic_murphVim FuegoTheRoomWreckerBrussels SproutEffectsMikeyGorsericerocintecmartyos121jousting with chairsPorthallian 13 votes
    Diaz by submission
    0%
    Diaz by decision
    24%
    Zero-CoolRichard teassshhh123John_D80fermanagh_manbillybonkersTheW1zardjim salter 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭eurokev

Masvidal by submission
    What a card. There prelims would make a savage fight night card on their own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I'm going with Masvidal in the main event, he is very good at hitting people while stepping back and Nate only goes forward and I think Jorge has the cardio to keep up with Nate. It will hopefully be a slobberknocker!
    Darren Till has been saying that Kelvin won't land a glove on him and Kelvin has been saying that he will win by first round KO so hopefully they just go for it from the start. I'm picking Kelvin by KO/TKO. I'm hoping Luque can force Thompson to stop with the point fighting as he is a very aggressive fighter but he does leave himself open to be hit a lot so could get finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,451 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Masvidal on the cards,
    Gastelum by TKO
    Thompson on the card (maybe tko )
    Lewis by KO
    Gillespie on the cards ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Diaz by ko/tko
    Think masvidal by decision and Gastelum by ko.

Excited to see Johnny walker again and think this could be Gregor Gillepsie breakout night. Also hopefully we see the wonderboy of old. He has been far too hesitant in his fighting style the past few years.

Great card.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,451 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

ricero wrote: »
    Think masvidal by decision and Gastelum by ko.

Excited to see Johnny walker again and think this could be Gregor Gillepsie breakout night. Also hopefully we see the wonderboy of old. He has been far too hesitant in his fighting style the past few years.

Great card.

Gregor on paper is the best American wrestle in the whole division ,

If can get himself on a run of big wins he could be the biggest treat to Khabib ,

Only problem is Khabib could be gone by the time he gets the No1 contender spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Diaz by ko/tko
    Legit excited for 8/12 fights on the card - the other 4 being the 2 HW bouts, the women's fight and the opener (which might even be a potential banger as well but I don't really know either fighter).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Two journeymen with over 30 losses between them fighting for a made up belt being presented to them by a WWE wrestler, some laugh! Great card though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

US2 wrote: »
    Two journeymen with over 30 losses between them fighting for a made up belt being presented to them by a WWE wrestler, some laugh! Great card though.
    Two dudes who did their own matchmaking, who are fan favourites, and figure it'll make a good fight.
    Nate joking about being the baddest mother****er in the game, and then the UFC going overboard and having a belt made for it.

No harm in it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Agree, but the fight itself should be great though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Diaz by ko/tko
    https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/1189665654078615554?s=21

That’s a different approach to open workouts for sure. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Masvidal by submission
    Can't wait.
    Going for Masvidal by TKO in Round 2.
    Gastelum TKO Rd1
    Wonderboy by decision

Till and Gastellum looks to be in jeopardy, seems Till is having issues with his visa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

Masvidal by submission
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    Till and Gastellum looks to be in jeopardy, seems Till is having issues with his visa

Think he's on his way now

xtal191 wrote: »
    Think he's on his way now
    Yeah just seen that, all good so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

Masvidal by submission

How do you figure that? Their combined win/loss are 54-24. Masvidal's fought a lot, his record is 34-13 which is perfectly decent. Diaz is 20-11 but most of his fights have been in the UFC against decent opposition so he's better than the record suggests.

I don't get why some people seem overly eager to discredit both like they're bums or bad fighters, they're absolutely not.

Homelander wrote: »
    How do you figure that? Their combined win/loss are 54-24. Masvidal's fought a lot, his record is 34-13 which is perfectly decent. Diaz is 20-11 but most of his fights have been in the UFC against decent opposition so he's better than the record suggests.

I don't get why some people seem overly eager to discredit both like they're bums or bad fighters, they're absolutely not.

My maths are bad sorry. Hey I love both fighters and this fight, who doesn't ? I just think it's funny for a professional sport. To ad to the circus one of the fighters popped and was cleared within hours. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I think Till is too gung-ho for his own good. In a way it's commendable, but I don't think anyone would have begrudged him a lower ranked opponent at '85.

High stakes roll - getting ko'd successively in quick succession (not to mention the strikes he ate from Woodley while downed) could be career altering at this level. They seem to spar hard at that gym too...

I think Masvidal gets it done in the main. I think he gets the KO and is on the way to mainstream superstardom.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Is this a ppv ?

rekluse wrote: »
    Is this a ppv ?
    Yes, numbered events generally are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

What time date and channel is this on, may I ask?

• Advertisement

What time date and channel is this on, may I ask?
    Google is your friend there, which is where I would get my answer from as I'm not sure on exact times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Google is your friend there, which is where I would get my answer from as I'm not sure on exact times.

Sunday 03 Nov

Nate Diaz fight is expected to take place around 12am ET local time, viewers having to wait until ~ 4am GMT on Sunday, viewers can watch Diaz vs Masvidal fight and the main card on BT Sport 1 HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Sensational fight card.

I worry for Till with the late arrival, can't be good.

Kelvin will be better off taking this to the ground to get the win, given the size of Till, I don't think he should stand and trade punches with Till.

I think Masvidal will beat Nate and the show will go on, could be an absolute classic considering both their styles.

I'm interested to see how Johnny Walker gets on too, it's gonna be a long night but one I'm really looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Who cares about losses? Did Anderson Silva have losses? Fedor? Liddell? Couture? Hughes? GSP? Of course. Even Jon Jones technically has a loss.

The "no-losses" brigade hang out in Floyd Mayweather's Instagram comments. Not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Diaz by ko/tko
    rekluse wrote: »
    Is this a ppv ?

Just to expand on this point. All of the Numbered Cards are pay Per View in the USA.

In Britain & Ireland this card is not a Pay per View if you have a subscription to BT Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That Gastelum weigh in. Hahahaha

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Who cares about losses? Did Anderson Silva have losses? Fedor? Liddell? Couture? Hughes? GSP? Of course. Even Jon Jones technically has a loss.

The "no-losses" brigade hang out in Floyd Mayweather's Instagram comments. Not here.

Can't believe you're comparing masvidal to those goats 😂

How can masvidal win this for anyone picking him? Don't think he can knock Nate out, don't think he will submit him, he'll hardly out cardio him. Hard to see how Nate wins either to be honest, a proper 50/50 fight.

Hoping Till KOs Kevin but I think he'll be took down an pummeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

How can masvidal win this for anyone picking him? Don't think he can knock Nate out, don't think he will submit him, he'll hardly out cardio him. Hard to see how Nate wins either to be honest, a proper 50/50 fight.

Hoping Till KOs Kevin but I think he'll be took down an pummeled.

Split decision all over it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Advertisement