Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fake Tan Mischa Barton wannabes.

Options
  • 19-12-2006 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭

Righto......Quite possibly gonna get flamed to hell on this one, but what the hell...It's Xmas....

Whats peoples thoughts on the constant stream of streaky fake tan, tangerine looking OC wannabe women walking down the main shopping streets of our nations capital ?
    I'm not talking about the skanky "Howya Anto" women but rather the posher southside equivalent....

Some of them are genuinely good looking girls, but seem to think that this look makes them more attractive to the opposite sex.....

Personally I think it's a huge turn off ....

But lets hear peoples opinions.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

There was a thread on this in Fashion & Appearance not so long ago.. I think it looks nice if done properly, certainly a better option than getting skin cancer on a sunbed.. IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Personally I am not a fan of the look. It just looks silly, like blokes in pink shirts people just need to realise that the colour doesn't suit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

s8n wrote:
    Righto......Quite possibly gonna get flamed to hell on this one, but what the hell...It's Xmas....

Whats peoples thoughts on the constant stream of streaky fake tan, tangerine looking OC wannabe women walking down the main shopping streets of our nations capital ?
    I'm not talking about the skanky "Howya Anto" women but rather the posher southside equivalent....

Some of them are genuinely good looking girls, but seem to think that this look makes them more attractive to the opposite sex.....

Personally I think it's a huge turn off ....

But lets hear peoples opinions.

Its ****ing deadly. Am not a fan of the ould orange look myself but I am fairly confident that under that skin is a girl who is learning how to look after herself and dress well, has a savage hoop and will be savage looking in a few years time. Considering how many of them there is now, we are going to have a dramatic increase in savage looking women in coming years :D

How come one complain about such prospects? :confused:

Savage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

It can look nice IF properly done.....but come on, how many of the UGG wearing brigade go for the homemade streaky orange look, complete with plastered on makeup over the top...... ??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

s8n wrote:
    It can look nice IF properly done.....but comon, how many of the UGG wearing brigade go for the homemade look ??

To be honest I always thought those little rich girls were sporting the real deal i.e. real tan, no need for fake stuff. Maybe not. Anyway I am not a fan of the orangutan look myself & never use the stuff.
    I was born milky white & that's the way I'm staying, lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

xzanti wrote:
    There was a thread on this in Fashion & Appearance not so long ago.. I think it looks nice if done properly, certainly a better option than getting skin cancer on a sunbed.. IMHO
    I agree.

Can look great if its done properly, sometimes its not but quite a lot of the time it is and is a lot better for their skin than other tanning methods.

Can't complain about it anyway, theres an awful lot worse going around our streets, the women in pyjamas for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If students can do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I think alot of the time it looks awful- you should see most of the girls in UCD, its ridiculous. If I'm going out I might put a bit of instant tan on, it's natural looking and just gives a bit of a glow.
    Fake tan is better than over-exposure to the sun though, as mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

well given that mischa barton herself is an overrated, odd looking bint, i'm not too fond of her lookalikes/wannabes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

I am fairly confident that under that skin is a girl who is learning how to look after herself and dress well, has a savage hoop and will be savage looking in a few years time.

Brilliant

I'm all for it if its done right but in most cases its not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Would it not make more sence to wear tights instead of the humungus streaky rasher look?
    Apart from the practial benefits of wearing thights in winter they look cool also....

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

My opinion is, skin any darker than your hair colour is just bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Oompa loompa dumpity dee..

Southsiders think they look class and thats all that matters, roysh. Even if there skin was a natural shade you'd have to take into account all the other "styles" they sport that make them look idiotic and fun to laugh at.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Lil Kitten wrote:

Southsiders think they look class and thats all that matters, roysh.

Actually, I know I look class.

There seems to be a thread on this exact same "I hate the D4 look" "no I think it's sexy!" topic every two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Lil Kitten wrote:

Southsiders think they look class and thats all that matters, roysh. Even if there skin was a natural shade you'd have to take into account all the other "styles" they sport that make them look idiotic and fun to laugh at.:D

Yeah to be honest your generalisation there just highlights your ignorance. People from all over dublin and even ireland look awful for various reasons, however the real backlash always seems to be against the ones with money.

Just my two cents really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

pffft i say, PFFFT!

orangewomen have as much right to walk down the Queen's Highway as the rest of us!

thank you, thank you, i'll be here all week!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Lil Kitten wrote:

not as fun as it is to laugh at you.

People like you amuse me to no end..In every part of county dublin girls overuse and misuse fake tan..dispite what you may think its not just in south dublin.

Also i often get mistaken for wearing loads of fake tan in the summer when in fact i rarely even use the stuff i just go a really orangy colour in the sun.

But i must say sometime i wonder do some people put the stuff on in the dark.

s8n wrote:

OP is talking about southside. But of course you do get people from all over Ireland copying their "style" e.g. messy highlighted hair, o neills, dubes, uggs, baggy grey hoodies, ripped faded jeans, rugger shirts with coillars up and beads in a knot.

It looks ridiculously bad. I don't know why they think it looks good. How can I be ignorant when they are the sheep? Just rows and rows of clones anywhere you go.

Because they have money??
    I doubt you'l find most of them have jobs. I believe it's their daddy's/mummy's money. And the fact that they feel a need to show off their "assets" with stupid clothing and look down on anyone that doesn't dress like a fukn retard makes them the ignorant ones. I live in Clontarf surrounded by these muppets but do not feel the need to join their club, even though thats loike sooo random, roysh OMG!

I also think skobes look like eejits with their knack tracksuits n caps in the air, they don't have money.. Please make your point logical?? Because I don't think you have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 vermont

Yeah you got that right Lil Kitten, it's not the gear as such, it's just the freakin' sameness and clone-ness and lack of indiviuality of the whole thing, THAT'S what's boring and unsexy....

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Jaysus all the hypocrites crawled out of the wood work today didn't they! There's some really open minded people here :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

It's a horrible look. It's really odd too...when did the D4s take over the Southside?...it's like they're multiplying every day!

What annoys me the most is the way they are all clones of each other. They all wear the same Abercrombie + Fitch hoodie, the same 'cantos' the same uggs or even worse dubes. The only time they have tidy hair is when they spend hours doing a big come over (are they not allowed to have a split in their hair?) and the worst thing about them is their bright orange faces. Fckin oompa loompas!

I live on the Southside and nobody can say that there are these Mischa Barton wannabes on the North - I'm stuck with them all here.

Even stranger, is that I have friends all around Dublin. In the Summer I hang around with people from Ballymun, Tallaght, Cabra, Clondalkin etc. and they slag the hell out of me cos I live in a 'posh' area even though I'm not a D4.
    And I hang around with some people in the Winter who aren't D4s but they do wear the Abercrombie+Fitch hoodies, the dubes etc. but they're the nicest people ever.

So I suppose you can get sound D4s even if they are a bit posh and annoyingly rich! Most of them still annoy the hell out of me though!

...and there's my rant on D4s!

Here here! Now we're all gonna be banned! :D

Advertisement