Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So, i need to sort out my hair...

Options
  • 23-12-2006 8:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

25 y/o male , longish hair, been growing it for only a year from a No.1 and ain't had it cut since. It seems that it's always either very "fuzzy" or dry, or a combination of both and i'd like some suggestions as to how i could make it have more life, maybe it needs more moisture in it i don't know. It's especially worse about 2 days after i washed it, and i wash it twice a week so it's pretty much screwed most of the week...

But i'm hopeless when it comes to taking care of it as i've had short hair most of my life and would like some suggestions if possible as how to make it look a little nicer, and feel healthier... i dunno hair products or whatever, washing/drying technique as i'm pretty lost atm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

If you're growing yout hair long just use some sort of styling gel for a bit until it has some weight to it. Count yourself lucky you don't have curly hair like me, took me 4 years to get it the way I want :)

Also use conditioner if you don't use it already, the gel should keep it looking alright.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Knew i forgot to mention something there, sorry. My hair is way too long to use any gels in it, it's already past my shoulders and heading towards the bottom of my shoulder blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Thats some fast growing compared to me anyway :)

You can still get stuff for it, I use Anti-frizz gel and the likes works wonders. I'm sure there is something out there, I wouldn't know exactly so I'm no help there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Once a week you need to do a deep conditoning mask, basically cover your hair in hot oil or a conditioning hair mask (ask in chemist for good ones) and leave it for abut 10 min til you rinse. Try not to blow dry it out frizzy either. Get split ends trimmed as well. You can get some Frizz-Ease cream for it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 emalosta

dude if your hair is long and fuzzy as you say why dont you get some dreads..there easy to take care of and you dont have to worry bout buying hair gels and stuff plus they look great :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement