Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Track of the Day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    I remember this from MTV partyzone, 1994. Cant believe its 25 years:

Dont recall this but i can feel what it would have been like,

To much music these days are trying o hard to be super slick, technically perfect masterpiece, the loud crashing cymbals and the repetitive claps drive this on when you are feeling that energy flow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

This one was an absolute belter in Sides,

I can still visualise being up by the massive speakers at the doors that led out into Dame lane, not sure now which set of the doors on the back of the Mecantile were the actual doors out of Sides, i think it was the the furthest set to the left in this link,

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3438142,-6.2637263,3a,75y,344.55h,84.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sHv-C05Wgz0fLPbIeVduWrg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Hard as nails, and sounds like Lil' Louis - French Kiss in 2019.

This one was first brought to my attention by the starter of this thread many years back, this has to be for me the best discovered track from this forum i have ever had yet, it is an absolute powerhouse........

Thanks Scubadevils

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was at Sasha & Digweed in District 8 on Saturday night and it was a belter. The new venue is good. The best thing about it is they don’t pack it. This was a sold out gig and there was loads of room on the floor and everywhere else, not much bar queues either. The sound was very loud though, we were mostly near the front but I’d bring earplugs next time and I never normally would, bass was a bit distorted at times but the lights were great. As good as it was I think I prefer Digweed’s sets on his own. He played this track which I’d heard before, some of ye might know it: https://youtu.be/B5NP4LNTKfU

Also heard this can’t remember which of them played it though: https://youtu.be/RNTGFLQfZAA

Crowd was nice, big mix of ages. I’d definitely recommend the venue and their booking loads of good stuff now. I’ve tickets for John Talabot in December and Laurent Garnier in January.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I was at Sasha & Digweed in District 8 on Saturday night and it was a belter. The new venue is good. The best thing about it is they don’t pack it. This was a sold out gig and there was loads of room on the floor and everywhere else, not much bar queues either. The sound was very loud though, we were mostly near the front but I’d bring earplugs next time and I never normally would, bass was a bit distorted at times but the lights were great. As good as it was I think I prefer Digweed’s sets on his own. He played this track which I’d heard before, some of ye might know it: https://youtu.be/B5NP4LNTKfU

Also heard this can’t remember which of them played it though: https://youtu.be/RNTGFLQfZAA

Crowd was nice, big mix of ages. I’d definitely recommend the venue and their booking loads of good stuff now. I’ve tickets for John Talabot in December and Laurent Garnier in January.

I watched a few videos on social, It Looked great! Generally, They wouldn't be my cuppa.

It is now friday on the other side of the world, so i am going for a two for the price of one here for Black friday!! Two Olympic classics,

This one raised such emotion in the Olympic, i cant describe it, you had to be there,

• Advertisement

Big shout out to all you Dancefloor Divas …… you know who you are ….

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭turbbo

a track from 2019 - still great stuff being made..

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Big shout out to all you Dancefloor Divas …… you know who you are ….

Haven't heard that in about 15 years, unreal.

Haven't heard that in about 15 years, unreal.

A rake of cousins were over on Wednesday night for a catch up kind of thing. It turned into a mini session in the kitchen. We had this on replay for about 2 hours. Great craic. One of my cousins grabbed a pair of high heels and started dancing away, it got messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Salt City classic. Fantastic drum programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Been reminded of this, from a previous post...

while were on Tin Tin out mode......

I think the track of the day thread is getting hijacked by the Oldschool Asylum folk :pac:

• Advertisement

Maysa07 wrote: »
    I think the track of the day thread is getting hijacked by the Oldschool Asylum folk :pac:

If a track was worthy then.......its still worthy now, no?

Maysa07 wrote: »
    "The Oldschool Asylum folk" :pac:

That would be a great name for a track!! :pac:

2:23.....

If a track was worthy then.......its still worthy now, no?

For some and for some tracks. Some of the tracks I couldn't listen to any more and others are on repeat today :pac:

What has always puzzled me was..... Some folk haven't seemed to have developed there love for electronic music. I mean keeping ones self up to speed with all current releases. I know some people who listen to nothing else but early 90's dance music, To me that's sad because I get so much enjoyment discovering new music of all genres. Other just stuck in the past and cannot get out of it. But if that's there bag and are happy well so to am i :pac:

Sticking to the old school theme .. Here is my happy Friday old school track of the day

Heres a classic house mix from an 11 year old kid in poland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Happy Christmas yiz bleedin head the balls

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Advertisement