Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW-IE UTC time

• 13-10-2020 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

I was very happy to come across Met Eireann's WOW site for uploading weather observations a few days ago. I have been recording, for the last 6 months or so, my local data using a small weather station with a Raspberry Pi and WeeWX, and have successfully added my site to the map.

Something I don't understand however is the use of Time on parts of the site. There is a note/disclaimer at the bottom of the page that says times are either displayed as local time or UTC. For any observation site, the times are listed in the Tables in UTC. However, for the Graphs, it appears to be neither local time or UTC. Is it UTC-1? Can someone explain this to me, or is a bug on the site?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Right now its GMT+1 or IST for the data, just checked my own site and the temperature/time being reported.
    For the graphs, you are right its UTC-1 or GMT-1, someone made a script error there.

Easy to do , in work I see people saying GMT frequently during the summer when its GMT+1 here, drives me crazy setting up meetings sometimes!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Thanks Supercell for verifying, I was wondering if it was just me or if there was a different "universal" time being used that I wasn't aware of.

I've had the same issue with meeting set-ups too recently with people in Ireland and Central Europe so I always add the timezone in the invite now by default to be sure.

Advertisement