Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-09-2019, 13:13   #166
Ironicname

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino 09
The son wasn't leaving to give his friend a BJ. He was leaving to give his landlord a BJ because he has to give bjs for rent. You said you wouldn't want to know. Why?
Because I wouldn't be interested in knowing about any sexual acts my child is performing once they are of age.

Quote:
It seems that you, and the people who claim it's just a normal financial transaction have a disagreement.
Apples and oranges. If my daughter was shagging her boss to get a raise I wouldn't want to know. What she chooses to do with her body in return for goods/services/promotions is her business.

Would you approve of your mother giving your dad a BJ because she wanted a new dress? Would you expect her to tell you? Would you give the same advice of keeping eye contact and play with the balls?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-09-2019, 13:19   #167
the dunne

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino 09 View Post
The son wasn't leaving to give his friend a BJ. He was leaving to give his landlord a BJ because he has to give bjs for rent. You said you wouldn't want to know. Why?

Some posters were pretending it's just a commercial transaction, and you're saying it's just their sex life.

It seems that you, and the people who claim it's just a normal financial transaction have a disagreement.
If he HAS to give a BJ for rent then that is a problem. If he has chosen to give his landlord a BJ instead of paying rent, then that isn't an issue. My main issue would be my son talking to me about giving blow jobs.
(2) thanks from:
20-09-2019, 13:26   #168
strandroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironicname View Post
Apples and oranges. If my daughter was shagging her boss to get a raise I wouldn't want to know. What she chooses to do with her body in return for goods/services/promotions is her business.

Would you approve of your mother giving your dad a BJ because she wanted a new dress? Would you expect her to tell you? Would you give the same advice of keeping eye contact and play with the balls?
This changes completely when the person does not really have a choice. When the tenants have no realistic means of obtaining acceptable (not to mention decent) accommodation, especially with children. When in a Mad Men kind of world there is no other way for women to get promoted, offered opportunities etc but to suck it. When the father is financially abusive and the only way for the wife to get any money at all is to perform favours.
If your daughter or your mother had no choice but to suck dick to even have a job or to have any money would you be so disparaging too?

People have choices and support now in most of the above but the point is that in accommodation they might not.

Can tenants faced with such proposals can simply laugh in such scummy landlord's face and walk away to rent another nice place; or are they facing eviction to live in a mouldy hovel or potentially become homeless for them and their children if they don't play nice. In our dysfunctional market it is the latter I'm afraid so I'm not sure why you're so flippant.
20-09-2019, 13:30   #169
El_Duderino 09

Quote:
Because I wouldn't be interested in knowing about any sexual acts my child is performing once they are of age.

So is your son giving blow jobs for rent fine by you as long as he doesn't tell you? Is that something you're fine with in principal as long as he doesn't tell you? Would you tell your son that he can earn money in work, but if things ever get tight, he can always consider selling his arse for rent?

If my parents relationship was such that my mother had to perform sex acts for money to buy clothes, I would be very concerned about the dynamic. Wouldn't you?

Talk about apples an oranges though. Did you seriously try to compare a husband and wife to a Tennant and landlord, married couple with strangers? Apples and oranges indeed.

Last edited by El_Duderino 09; 20-09-2019 at 13:38.
20-09-2019, 13:31   #170
Assetbacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandroad View Post
This changes completely when the person does not really have a choice. When the tenants have no realistic means of obtaining acceptable (not to mention decent) accommodation, especially with children. When in a Mad Men kind of world there is no other way for women to get promoted, offered opportunities etc but to suck it. When the father is financially abusive and the only way for the wife to get any money at all is to perform favours.
If your daughter or your mother had no choice but to suck dick to even have a job or to have any money would you be so disparaging too?

People have choices and support now in most of the above but the point is that in accommodation they might not.

Can tenants faced with such proposals can simply laugh in such scummy landlord's face and walk away to rent another nice place; or are they facing eviction to live in a mouldy hovel or potentially become homeless for them and their children if they don't play nice. In our dysfunctional market it is the latter I'm afraid so I'm not sure why you're so flippant.
Who does a job they don't want to do but cannot afford to give it up?

It's life and it's what we all have to deal with. Women have it easier than men as they can use their bodies to get an out where most men can't. This story highlights an aspect of life of how women have it easier than men for this reason. Yet we have a woman in the Dail complaining in a rather stereotypical fashion that you just can't please women.
Advertisement
20-09-2019, 13:33   #171
the dunne

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandroad View Post
The question here is whether tenants faced with such proposals can simply laugh in such scummy landlord's face and walk away to rent another nice place; or are they facing eviction to live in a mouldy hovel or potentially become homeless for them and their children if they don't play nice. In our dysfunctional market it is the latter I'm afraid so I'm not sure why you're so flippant.
Hang on.

In this scenario, they can't afford the rent? So they will be evicted anyway.

So if a landlord says "look, you don't have to pay me the rent if I get sexual favours" the woman now has a choice (a potentially horrible choice, but a choice nonetheless).

If this option wasn't given to her, she would be facing eviction to live in a mouldy hovel or potentially become homeless anyway.

The rent needs to be paid.

The only issue would be if the landlord refused to accept pre-agreed payment of cash for rent and insisted that he was given sex instead.
(2) thanks from:
20-09-2019, 13:37   #172
El_Duderino 09

I see a lot of the posters who appear in all the "poor men, the feminists are out to get them. The feminists are turning men into pussies etc". And I'm seeing the same posters who are claiming to be fine with a generation of men selling their arses for rent.

It's genuinely fascinating to see people claim sex for rent is fine and nothing to worry about. Imagine young men growing up reading this and thinking it's normal to give blowjob to their landlord for rent. Genuinely interesting to see people claim that.
(2) thanks from:
20-09-2019, 13:38   #173
Ironicname

Quote:
So is your son giving blow jobs for rent fine by you as long as he doesn't tell you? Is that something you're fine with in principal as long as he doesn't tell you? Would you tell your son that he can earn money in work, but if things ever get tight, he can always consider selling his arse for rent?
I wouldn't know about it.

I also wouldn't like to think that my daughter/mam/sister took it up the bum or had weird kinks. They might though.

And no, I wouldn't teach my son to become a prostitute. It's not something I would want for him. When he gets to 18 he would have his own choices to make. I would hope my guidance would prevent him from going down such paths but you can only do so much.

Quote:
If my parents relationship was such that my mother had to perform sex acts for money to buy clothes, I would be very concerned about the dynamic. Wouldn't you?
Not really. Would you want to know anyway?

Quote:
Tall about apples an oranges though. Did you seriously try to compare a husband and wife to a Tennant and landlord, married couple with strangers? Apples and oranges indeed.
Nope. You spectacularly missed the point. I don't think that parents and children should discuss what intimate things they are doing with their bodies once they reach a certain age.
20-09-2019, 13:39   #174
strandroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dunne View Post
Hang on.

In this scenario, they can't afford the rent? So they will be evicted anyway.

So if a landlord says "look, you don't have to pay me the rent if I get sexual favours" the woman now has a choice (a potentially horrible choice, but a choice nonetheless).

If this option wasn't given to her, she would be facing eviction to live in a mouldy hovel or potentially become homeless anyway.

The rent needs to be paid.

The only issue would be if the landlord refused to accept pre-agreed payment of cash for rent and insisted that he was given sex instead.
This particular woman was leaving anyway so she could and did tell him to **** off. We are told this is not an outlier, likely such proposals are directed at tenants in situ as well especially that your leverage is stronger then - I'll raise your rent or... I'm going to renovate unless...? How is it acceptable to be propositioned by a perv who also happens to have the keys to your place and the power to evict you for any made up reason? Do you think that this is an acceptable free market activity?
Advertisement
20-09-2019, 13:43   #175
the dunne

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino 09 View Post
I see a lot of the posters who appear in all the "poor men, the feminists are out to get them. The feminists are turning men into pussies etc". And I'm seeing the same posters who are claiming to be fine with a generation of men selling their arses for rent.

It's genuinely fascinating to see people claim sex for rent is fine and nothing to worry about. Imagine young men growing up reading this and thinking it's normal to give blowjob to their landlord for rent. Genuinely interesting to see people claim that.
You seem fixated with men giving blowjobs/selling their arses.

The "scenario" is that a man offered to put a woman he fancied up in his place rent free if she agreed to go on a date with him and perhaps come to an "arrangement".

She refused. No harm, no foul.

Somehow, this has been skewed and you are now talking about antifeminist men advocating that men should take it up the bum.

The only place that has happened is in your head.

Most posters who see nothing wrong with this are not advocating for prostitution, they are simply saying that a person should be able to make these propositions as long as the other person can accept or refuse.

Once they are consenting adults, there is not an issue in my book.

Plus, it's funny that the people you are calling anti-feminist are the ones who are saying that a woman should have a right to choose what they do with their body. (makes sense now that you tried to push the whole "homosexual" angle)
Thanks from:
20-09-2019, 13:46   #176
El_Duderino 09

Quote:
I wouldn't know about it.

I also wouldn't like to think that my daughter/mam/sister took it up the bum or had weird kinks. They might though.

And no, I wouldn't teach my son to become a prostitute. It's not something I would want for him. When he gets to 18 he would have his own choices to make. I would hope my guidance would prevent him from going down such paths but you can only do so much.

Not really. Would you want to know anyway?

Nope. You spectacularly missed the point. I don't think that parents and children should discuss what intimate things they are doing with their bodies once they reach a certain age.
And you've avoided answering whether you're fine with sex for rent as long as you don't know about it. In the imaginary scenario above where the son has to leave Sunday dinner early because his landlord wants him to come home and give him a blowjob. Your son complains because it's obviously something he doesn't want to do...

Is the only thing that's wrong with that scenario the fact that he told you that he's a sex worker? Would you seriously have no issue with sex for rent becoming a normal part of commerce for young men?
20-09-2019, 13:51   #177
osarusan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assetbacked View Post
This story highlights an aspect of life of how women have it easier than men for this reason.
Jesus christ, gold medal in the victimhood olympics for this one.
(2) thanks from:
20-09-2019, 13:52   #178
Ironicname

Quote:
And you've avoided answering whether you're fine with sex for rent as long as you don't know about it. In the imaginary scenario above where the son has to leave Sunday dinner early because his landlord wants him to come home and give him a blowjob. Your son complains because it's obviously something he doesn't want to do...
I wouldn't like it but it would be his choice.

Quote:
Is the only thing that's wrong with that scenario the fact that he told you that he's a sex worker? Would you seriously have no issue with sex for rent becoming a normal part of commerce for young men?
What are you talking about? I'm saying I wouldn't want to know who or who not my son is sucking off.

I'm not advocating for mass employment of rentboys/girls.

I'm saying that propositions will happen and people should be able to choose for themselves whether or not they want to accept it.
20-09-2019, 13:55   #179
El_Duderino 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dunne View Post
You seem fixated with men giving blowjobs/selling their arses.

The "scenario" is that a man offered to put a woman he fancied up in his place rent free if she agreed to go on a date with him and perhaps come to an "arrangement".

She refused. No harm, no foul.

Somehow, this has been skewed and you are now talking about antifeminist men advocating that men should take it up the bum.

The only place that has happened is in your head.

Most posters who see nothing wrong with this are not advocating for prostitution, they are simply saying that a person should be able to make these propositions as long as the other person can accept or refuse.

Once they are consenting adults, there is not an issue in my book.

Plus, it's funny that the people you are calling anti-feminist are the ones who are saying that a woman should have a right to choose what they do with their body. (makes sense now that you tried to push the whole "homosexual" angle)
I haven't said anyone should do anything. I'm asking whether the people who claim this is a fine arrangement, are still fine with their son performing sex acts he doesn't want to perform, for rent.

Genuinely fascinating to see people claim that's a normal transaction and nothing to worry about.

The obvious solution is to sort out the housing market.
20-09-2019, 13:57   #180
El_Duderino 09

Quote:
I wouldn't like it but it would be his choice.

What are you talking about? I'm saying I wouldn't want to know who or who not my son is sucking off.

I'm not advocating for mass employment of rentboys/girls.

I'm saying that propositions will happen and people should be able to choose for themselves whether or not they want to accept it.
Just to clarify, you're fine with the notion of your children growing up in a situation where sex for rent is normal and nothing to worry about ( as long as they don't complain about it to you)?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion