Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-08-2019, 16:44   #1
BeanFlicker

Homesecure Feedback

Anyone using HomeSecure and if so, what are they like?

The deal they are offering me is free installation (removing the 99e fee), 7 or 8 sensors for internal and perimeter protection. 35e contract with app for 36 months.

After the 3 years you own the equipment and can use as on/off but without monitoring (can do this myself on the app)

Over the 3 years works out €1,260 which doesn't seem bad.

Anyone any thoughts, and if you use them would be great to hear some feedback

Cheers
Advertisement
28-08-2019, 22:21   #2
altor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanFlicker View Post
Anyone using HomeSecure and if so, what are they like?

The deal they are offering me is free installation (removing the 99e fee), 7 or 8 sensors for internal and perimeter protection. 35e contract with app for 36 months.

After the 3 years you own the equipment and can use as on/off but without monitoring (can do this myself on the app)

Over the 3 years works out €1,260 which doesn't seem bad.

Anyone any thoughts, and if you use them would be great to hear some feedback

Cheers
If they are installing the Zerowire panel then you can have self monitoring using the app after the 3 years if they release you from the cloud and another installer sets you up. Make sure you get the engineer code also.
The Zerowire panel is available now to all installers.
Thanks from:
28-08-2019, 23:54   #3
KoolKid

Also ask them to verify in writing that their wireless protocol is open and available to all installers.
If not the system will be useless to you if you need any replacement parts.
Thanks from:
29-08-2019, 16:02   #4
BeanFlicker

Thanks both, I'll ask the installer about that and will get the engineer code too.

Yea it's the zerowire panel and if my memory serves me right they said that after the 3 years I can use the alarm normally for on/off with no monitoring but I'll confirm and update this once set up for anyone else intetested

Thanks again!
Thanks from:
29-08-2019, 19:49   #5
altor

Quote:
Thanks both, I'll ask the installer about that and will get the engineer code too.

Yea it's the zerowire panel and if my memory serves me right they said that after the 3 years I can use the alarm normally for on/off with no monitoring but I'll confirm and update this once set up for anyone else intetested

Thanks again!
Once they set up the system it goes on the cloud for the company.
If they release the panel from the cloud then you can self monitor the system using the app be that over wifi or the GSM network once another company sets this up for you so the cloud part is the most important part.
Senors and that can be added to the system so your not tied into them as it can be defaulted and reprogrammed.
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 13:04   #6
levi

Quote:

Thanks again!
I’m curious as to how this worked out as this arrangement seems like a good option for us at the moment. Did you go with it in the end and did you confirm that you own the equipment at the end and that it’s actually usable? Thanks ��

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion