Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GSM-WIFI and SW-1070

Options
  • 20-10-2019 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Has anyone ever managed to get a GSM-WIFI to work with an SW-1070?

I'm starting to suspect that this card might be only for the SW-10270 or Quantum and I need to swap it out for a GSM-SC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Yes, lots of times.

What software have you on your 10/70?

You probably need the latest version of software

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mickthewig

The software on the panel is SW1070 V3.1.1.

On the product information PDF on the HKC site, it says that version 4.0 of the software is needed for the 10270, but there's no mention of the 1070 in the sheet at all.

https://ecat.assaabloy.co.uk/gallery/HKC/Communicators/GSM_-_SecureComm_wWorld_Sim__WiFi/GSM-SC.pdf?dl=1

>Plugs directly onto SW-10270 panel
    >(version 4.0 or higher panel software required)

I rang HKC and they won't give access to Smartlink 700 for a self-install or self-upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

mickthewig wrote: »
    The software on the panel is SW1070 V3.1.1.

On the product information PDF on the HKC site, it says that version 4.0 of the software is needed for the 10270, but there's no mention of the 1070 in the sheet at all.

https://ecat.assaabloy.co.uk/gallery/HKC/Communicators/GSM_-_SecureComm_wWorld_Sim__WiFi/GSM-SC.pdf?dl=1

>Plugs directly onto SW-10270 panel
    >(version 4.0 or higher panel software required)

I rang HKC and they won't give access to Smartlink 700 for a self-install or self-upgrade.

The 10/70 became known as the 10/270, the reason was because with software upgrades the panel is capable of taking a whole lot of zones.

HKC are a manufacturer for the trade, in order to get your software upgraded I would suggest you contact a licensed installation company.

Advertisement