Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snowboarding in Canillo, Andorra

Options
  • 29-10-2018 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Has anyone stayed in Canillo and snowboarded there or in the general area such as Soldeu?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Its part of the grandvalira area. pas de la casa being the main area but still a good bit of life in the other towns.
    Even if the town itself isn't great the ski area is massive
    10909.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

Update: the bus journey is 5 minutes from the accommodation in Canillo to Soldeu or El Tarter. I'm looking for a beginner snowboard school and slopes - does anyone know which one would be better? Also, would there be much to do in the evening for a solo traveller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

https://www.facebook.com/andorraresorts/

try them guys for info, I usually go to Arinsal but have friends that have worked over that way, I'll ask about info.
    usually the people in your lessons are good for evening company, your group should be all of similar skills so its always good craic spending an evening with them yapping about your day

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Did a week based in Pas and made our way as far as Canillo. It's low down so if the snow is bad it will get bad there first, from what i saw it looked nice but seemed like a very quiet spot. My memory is El Tarter is way down the mountain with a bubble coming up to the ski area. Soldeu is bigger town more slopes and amenities on your doorstep and more craic in the evenings. Pas is very busy town lots of all night bars etc. As a beginner you would likely struggle to get from Canillo side over to Pas on the snow, its a fair old trek and has several bad bottle necks. Soldeu or Pas would suit you best I would say.

Pas there are a number of lifts out of the town, Soldeu there is just one but its a decent one.

Advertisement