Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things don't just happen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

How is that nosensical? Because you are atheist that automatically means everything I say pro-religion is nonsensical. If you're going to get involved in this debate, then please give me some reasons to support your claim. Why is religion not fact.
    How can religion be fact? There are countless religions. They all say different things. If one was true, none of the others could be true. But all of them are true?

It's not that the contention "Religion is fact" is wrong. It's that it doesn't even mean anything.

Perhaps that's not what you meant - but there's no way anything else could be understood from your statement - and whether the nonsense arises from what you mean or how you phrase it is of no interest to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

So JK, the muslim religion is not strict and bizarre?
    It's JC, and yes, it is, I only said Christianity, because I know you are a Christian. I don't see how this point is in any way relevent.

Answer "who created God?" or else none of your arguments hold any water whatsoever.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Modern science books. People like Einstein made sense.
    Then by what means have you deduced that modern science books are useless? Made sense to who?
    Actually Einstein's theory of relativity can be used to explain who created God.
    Used by someone who doesn't understand it, I expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

Actually Einstein's theory of relativity can be used to explain who created God.
    Oh please, please tell me how. I am wracked with fascination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

How is that nosensical?
    Pretty much everything you are posting here is nonsensical, as in it makes no sense. One wonders if you actually understand any of the topics you are talking about (or of course option B, you are simply drunk and trolling for a laugh)
    Because you are atheist that automatically means everything I say pro-religion is nonsensical.
    Everything you say is nonsensical because your posts aren't making any sense.

Case in point, proclaiming that all text books are nonsense and scientists haven't a clue and then backing up your comments on the chances of life with a quote from physicist Paul Davies (who, in case you actually have no idea who he is, has written a number of books on popular science)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Here I will explain 'who invented God'. Ive been looking up this for the last while, and this is my take on it.

God is all-mighty, God created the unviverse, thus God created time. God is not limited to the time scale God created.
    That actually does make sense, in terms of pro-religion.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Care to enlighten us heathens or are you just going to continue to blabber on incoherently?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭BULLER

1. Design of universe, things are so well tuned and so precise that life has evolved, this is not chance, something must have designed it.
    On the contrary, to say it is not by chance is in itself ignorance. How can you justify saying this?
    The universe is mind-boggling in size. Therefore we can conclude that there are almost infinate possiblities for many solar systems to be adequately tuned even so precisely for life to flourish. You do the math...
    (I realise this brings up other topics such as; there are many planets in the universe which can support life. But please stick to the topic)

God is all-mighty, God created the unviverse, thus God created tim. God is not limited to the time scale God created.

Who the f**k is Tim? Are we supposed to worship Tim now?

I actually do know who Paul Davies is.

• Advertisement

Wicknight your witt amazes me!!!

I actually do know who Paul Davies is.

Well I imagine you do now that you have put his name into Google :rolleyes:

God is all-mighty, God created the unviverse, thus God created tim. God is not limited to the time scale God created.
    Why not just say time is infinite? There's no more basis for that as there is for what you're saying here.

All you have is blind belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Here I will explain 'who invented God'. Ive been looking up this for the last while, and this is my take on it.

You're trolling. Suggest a Mod sorts this out.

Please explain to me how I am trolling? I'm passionate about this. Oh and I'm not drunk. Perhaps it could be that I believe in my religion and on the day of judgement God will reward me for believing.

I really don't think he is, sadly. He's on the LC forum also and is just a bit of an odd individual really.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

1. Design of universe, things are so well tuned and so precise that life has evolved, this is not chance, something must have designed it.

Then what designed God? And what designed the thing that designed God? And what designed...well you see where I'm going with this.

Wicknight wrote:
    Who the f**k is Tim? Are we supposed to worship Tim now?
    I thought Tim Robbins had been acting odd recently.

edit - oh hi Tim!
    God is all-mighty, God created the unviverse, thus God created time. God is not limited to the time scale God created.
    Look, this is just philosophical stretching. You can't expect anyone here to base a world view on this notion - especially from someone who rejects modern science.

Would you accept a blood transfusion to save your life?

Wicknight your witt amazes me!!!

And your inability to construct a coherent and considered post "amazes" me

How about you come back to us when you are either aren't drunk or stoned or what ever is wrong you at the moment :rolleyes:

This guy here thinks that all drugs should be made legal, therefore your opinion does not count.

• Advertisement

Please explain to me how I am trolling? I'm passionate about this. Oh and I'm not drunk. Perhaps it could be that I believe in my religion and on the day of judgement God will reward me for believing.
    Imagine for a second that no one ever told you God existed when you were young. Would you believe in him now?

Have you ever questioned your faith at any stage?

This guy here thinks that all drugs should be made legal, therefore your opinion does not count.
    Wait, what???

What little respect I had for you is now gone thanks to that one little post. HOW DARE YOU SAY SUCH A THING, WHY DON'T YOU COME DOWN FROM YOUR HIGH HORSE.

Irish Knight, this is my opinion, I don't come on here trying to annoy anyone, or anything like that, actually I was expecting people to discuss more, rather than this constant flame. In my opinion, God has no timescale, God did not need a cause to be created. The very essence of God is that God is all poweful. If I brought this up in the Islamic thread, with my backup, people would agree with me. You attack me because of my opposing belief. Because I feel strongly about something I'm labelled a troll. I'm sure the purpose of boards.ie is to discuss.

This thread is teetering...

Please explain to me how I am trolling?
    Biki wrote:
    Someone who posts obscene, abusive or controversial new topics or replies, specifically to get a response from other posters, usually negative. "Feeding" a troll basically means giving them what they want, negative or emotional responses.

Basically you started by making ridiculous statements which you have not bothered to back up and have continued to make more ridiculous statements.

troll.jpg
    Perhaps it could be that I believe in my religion and on the day of judgement God will reward me for believing.

So are you trying to convert us or something? Great start...:rolleyes:

Yes I have questioned my faith, trust me I'm not a blind believer. I believe in religion. I know however that if the Catholic religion proves to be wrong, then according to the Qu'ran I go to Hell.

Irish Knight, this is my opinion

And why didn't you value the opinion of the other guy!

You attack me because of my opposing belief. Because I feel strongly about something I'm labelled a troll. I'm sure the purpose of boards.ie is to discuss.
    Back up your assertions or you will be considered a troll - it's that simple.

You've explained your theory about God/Time - nobody is buying into it - so move on. Maybe explain your thoughts on modern science and answer any one of numerous questions put to you (from myself included) regarding this.

• Advertisement

Yes I have questioned my faith, trust me I'm not a blind believer. I believe in religion. I know however that if the Catholic religion proves to be wrong, then according to the Qu'ran I go to Hell.

What if they're all wrong?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement