Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID insurance refunds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

ah but it's been insured for fire and theft 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

Would rather they pushed out the renewal by a month or more. Wouldve been more relative as we all pay different prices, but get the same voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Allianz refunded 30 into my bank a/c a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

123 sent me a One4All card

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Allinall

has anybody else received a refund cheque from their insurers? i received a massive €30 cheque. Considering my car has only been used for 10 minutes a week for nearly 3 months its a joke.

Why didn't you cancel your insurance and get taxis, or hire cars?

Did you inform your insurance that you were only using the car for 10 minutes a week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

matchthis wrote: »
    Would rather they pushed out the renewal by a month or more. Wouldve been more relative as we all pay different prices, but get the same voucher

the 30 they sent me wouldn't cover a month. 2 weeks at best

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

There’s another thread on this somewhere, but yes, mine came this morning. €30 is €30, and obv it’s better in my pocket than someone else’s, but it’s a bit miserable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

I got a crappy voucher 30 euro from 123.ie
    voucher is one4all gift card
    Saw the list of stores that support it. One said game-stop
    Proceeded to order a game from game-stop only for the online payment did not work.
    I now have to risk going into the store (getting covid lol and not crashing my car) to purchase said game.

I can just imagine all the insurance company's got together and be like.
    Customers are pissed and want refunds. Lets refund them 30 euros.
    and make it difficult to cash it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I got it and was glad to get it! Unfortunately, I don't have a bank branch to go into anywhere in the county, so it looks like it's gonna go unlodged.

I got a crappy voucher 30 euro from 123.ie
    voucher is one4all gift card
    Saw the list of stores that support it. One said game-stop
    Proceeded to order a game from game-stop only for the online payment did not work.
    I now have to risk going into the store (getting covid lol and not crashing my car) to purchase said game.

You could just buy the game with your own money, and use the voucher elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Ya €30 seems to be the going rate. RSA are doing one for all vouchers for the same amount. It really is just a token gesture.

Someone with a €300 premium gets 10% back, someone paying €1000 only gets 3%. Makes no sense. A lot of people were off the road for about 25% of the year. I get the fire & theft argument but still €30 is less than what most people deserve. Then some people were still driving to work everyday, they get the same. I don’t begrudge them. With less traffic on the roads, their risk would have decreased too. Guess it was too much trouble for insurance companies to do this properly and only did it anyway because of government pressure I say.

Mine was up last week and my renewal was higher than the previous year. Just got the disc in the post. No phone call to ask was I working from home, am I driving less than I used to, nothing.

I shopped around and got it down from €850 to €650. My current insurers (BOI) had zero interest in even trying to keep me as a customer. 123 were about 25% cheaper than them and both are RSA!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,215 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Got nothing here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

Perhaps if the refund is the same for everyone. naybe its time to make insurance a flat rate for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I got it and was glad to get it! Unfortunately, I don't have a bank branch to go into anywhere in the county, so it looks like it's gonna go unlodged.

Travel restrictions are lifted from Monday. And cheques are usually valid for 6 months. Perhaps you’ll be passing a bank sometime between now and Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Whocare

has anybody else received a refund cheque from their insurers? i received a massive €30 cheque. Considering my car has only been used for 10 minutes a week for nearly 3 months its a joke.

That's life not fair. Me and other hand it made no different was still driving 10 hours plus a week and still got my refund of 30 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I can just imagine all the insurance company's got together and be like.
    Customers are pissed and want refunds. Lets refund them 30 euros...

Ya, it is a bit suspicious that they all came up with the same amount. Was that due to open discussion with government or just a huge coincidence they all privately came to the conclusion €30 was the right figure?

Surely that shows that they are acting as a cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Liberty only gave an even more miserable €15 - limited to either a Circle K fuel card or a Supervalu card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Ya, it is a bit suspicious that they all came up with the same amount. Was that due to open discussion with government or just a huge coincidence they all privately came to the conclusion €30 was the right figure?

You need to redefine your definition of a cartel :rolleyes:

jlm29 wrote:
    Travel restrictions are lifted from Monday. And cheques are usually valid for 6 months. Perhaps you’ll be passing a bank sometime between now and Christmas

Hope so! It is KBC, so the nearest "hub" is over 3 hours away.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Liberty only gave an even more miserable €15 - limited to either a Circle K fuel card or a Supervalu card.

Got a €20 voucher that could be used in Circle K, Supervalu or donate to a charity of choice.

Absolute disgrace. It represents 15% of 3 months premiums - my car hasn't left the drive since 18th March, was trailered to a mechanic on the 29th May and hasn't seen the road since - over 3 months.

At least with the health insurance they issues 35% refund each month for the last 3 months as a result of the pandemic.

Motor insurance is a scam and people are continually being swindled by motor insurance companies

• Advertisement

jim salter wrote: »
    Got a €20 voucher that could be used in Circle K, Supervalu or donate to a charity of choice.

Absolute disgrace. It represents 15% of 3 months premiums - my car hasn't left the drive since 18th March, was trailered to a mechanic on the 29th May and hasn't seen the road since - over 3 months.

At least with the health insurance they issues 35% refund each month for the last 3 months as a result of the pandemic.

Motor insurance is a scam and people are continually being swindled by motor insurance companies

See post #6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

H8GHOTI wrote: »

If so, then it's about time that Aviva joined the cartel - because I got nothing! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

allianz refunded 30 euro straight back to my credit card (and im in the office working so using the car now !)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Liberty gave me €25 in either SuperValu or Circle K. Neither of which I shop at of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Liberty gave me €25 in either SuperValu or Circle K. Neither of which I shop at of course...

I recommend the petrol in Circle K - it smells great! And the diesel ain't bad either.

They also sell great coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Pretty much every bank will accept postal lodgements, so I suspect you are just looking for an excuse to give out.

Pretty much every bank will accept postal lodgements, so I suspect you are just looking for an excuse to give out.

Woah, talk about an over reaction! I'm not giving out at all. I even said I was grateful to get it, in response to people saying it's only €30. I've just ran into difficulty with trying to get a cheque sorted with KBC before... good gosh...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

People moan when they get no money back, people moan when they get money back. Summary - people like to moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I recommend the petrol in Circle K - it smells great! And the diesel ain't bad either.

They also sell great coffee!

Aboy Karl Eller! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Allinall wrote: »
    See post #6.

Not being smart ....but....relevance ?:confused:

Advertisement