Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Petty parking problem

Options
  • 29-08-2019 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭

Evening lads, have a funny one here. Outside the house is one spot, and I know it's first come first served and all that and I've no problem with that as we're a two car household and space for 3 in the garden so its fine. But... Our (lovely :pac:) neighbours park out there each evening, but once she leaves she makes her husband park his car outside just to keep the spot, and leave their garden empty. It's unbelievably petty and has made birthdays and occasions awkward for parking, but I've noticed his car hasn't a single in-date disc in the window. I'm curious of the legalities of his car being there if anybody can advise :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Whocare

It small world he could be reading this too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Grass him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Whocare wrote: »
    It small world he could be reading this too

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Contact the local 50, they'll slap a ticket on that sumbitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Life is too short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭victor8600

Grass him up.

Exactly, let the war begin. Have you tried a diplomatic solution already, that is talking to your neighbours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Go for a walk OP.

victor8600 wrote: »
    Exactly, let the war begin. Have you tried a diplomatic solution already, that is talking to your neighbours?

The time for diplomacy is over, make the call. Do it

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Time to hit them over the head with a hammer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Evening lads, have a funny one here. Outside the house is one spot, and I know it's first come first served and all that and I've no problem with that as we're a two car household and space for 3 in the garden so its fine. But... Our (lovely :pac:) neighbours park out there each evening, but once she leaves she makes her husband park his car outside just to keep the spot, and leave their garden empty. It's unbelievably petty and has made birthdays and occasions awkward for parking, but I've noticed his car hasn't a single in-date disc in the window. I'm curious of the legalities of his car being there if anybody can advise :)

Rat him out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Torch the car with him it.

I've a grand flashlight in the shed that I bought in Halfords, its very powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Park outside their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

victor8600 wrote: »

I'm living beside them 18 years, they wouldn't even allow access to their back garden to replace fencing that we didn't ask a penny for :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

tomwaits48 wrote:
    Time to hit them over the head with a hammer

If the hammer breaks you might actually have to chat to him,just on the off chance like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

The OP didn’t come on here looking for rational / useful advice such as talk to the neighbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Snitches get stitches.

Hammer time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Everything moves with biscuit tin lids

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nothing stops things like brake fluid.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

goodfellas_150pyxurz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Get some old bangers and park them outside their house. Preferably very broken, and with bricks instead of wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

are they scum ?
    if so - better to think about next steps carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Donate them to science - finding out what goes in the mind of this kind of people will probably be as massive a step as the moon landing...

(Little you can do if they are unreasonable, anyway)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nothing stops things like brake fluid.

That's a real nasty one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

That's a real nasty one.

Agreed, really hard to remove stain from driveway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Carpentry wrote: »
    Agreed, really hard to remove stain from driveway.

Paint stripper?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

it's not a petty problem, it's a very selfish neighbour laying claim to ownership of a "public" space irrespective of the needs of their neighbours. I'd "dob them in to the Feds" if the car isn't road legal, no hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Do you have a dog? Teach it to use their garden and front door step as it's toilet.

Or just go lay one on at their front door yourself, whichever is handiest.

I also like the brake fluid idea, write **** on the car with it

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Do you have a dog? Teach it to use their garden and front door step as it's toilet.

Or just go lay one on at their front door yourself, whichever is handiest.

I also like the brake fluid idea, write **** on the car with it

I suggest if you're taking this approach, drop a dookie in a brown paper bag then set it on fire before ringing the doorbell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Buy a cheap bag of scrap and park it in that spot first chance you get.
    Or block the old lad's car in with two bags of scrap.
    If you can't have the spot, no one can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Long term solution is to grow a tree beside the spot and feed the birds well. :p

Advertisement