Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRT madness!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

started working on fixing these little 9 inch crts i got in the "recent" raid . some have more burn than others but they're still useable and so darn cute. Not sure what I'll do with them but they scream table top or half scale cabs :)

81930699_10157933310513276_4984033088553091072_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=dGoS6cx85eUAX-NnP-N&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=ca55e2312c26fa719edab8bec020ae13&oe=5EDBA66D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

First in line to purchase a table top :)

a small neo geo table top with a 1 slot and a multi cart would be great for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

BGOllie wrote: »
    a small neo geo table top with a 1 slot and a multi cart would be great for sure

A recreation of a candy cab down scaled to a 9 inch monitor would be amazing. A mini Capcom Cute for example or an SC19.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Always wondered does leaving a pure white image on a CRT for maybe a few days get rid of burn in?

• Advertisement

Always wondered does leaving a pure white image on a CRT for maybe a few days get rid of burn in?

heard that one before (or using a negative image of the burn in) ... but no.

What you'd be doing is burning the phosphor even more . It may end up masking some of the visible burn but you'd end up with a dull screen all over with poor colors.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Any of you guys ever hear of these lads?

https://www.psra.ie/

Looks like they service CRT monitors

https://www.psra.ie/monitors/crt-monitors/

I sent them an email to see if they'd be willing to do a bit of a refresh on my BVM.

Although I don't know if I'm up to carrying it down 5 flights of stairs again :eek:

Just curious if you ever heard back or used their services?

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just curious if you ever heard back or used their services?

Haven't used their services as of yet, still trying to convince a mate to help me lift it down from my apartment :eek:

They were really responsive via email though.

You thinking about getting in touch to have a look at your B&O?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

BGOllie wrote: »

Ya a mini NeoGeo bartop would be excellent :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Haven't used their services as of yet, still trying to convince a mate to help me lift it down from my apartment :eek:

They were really responsive via email though.

You thinking about getting in touch to have a look at your B&O?

Yeah was thinking about it, was just going bring it to the local recycling centre to free up space (doing a bit of a clear out) but might drop them an email first.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking about it, was just going bring it to the local recycling centre to free up space (doing a bit of a clear out) but might drop them an email first.

Ah be a shame to see that get dumped

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Don't dump it, stick it up for sale first, someone will probably take it off your hands :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n let us know well in advance when you are moving that CRT. I need some time to organize the popcorn and malteasers for the inevitable story about your Sisyphean task.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    o1s1n let us know well in advance when you are moving that CRT. I need some time to organize the popcorn and malteasers for the inevitable story about your Sisyphean task.

The benefits of a classical education...

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a11db18dc58528b34c5ca0831a0cc028383f2929b&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

There's a big statue of Sisyphus in ParkWest Dublin for all the office workers to look out on and contemplate the futility of their lives.
    No idea why the designers figured that'd be a good statue to put there.

However, it's appropriate for this forum, as the futility of trying to complete an arcade project is definitely Sisyphean!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Theres 5 or six sony PVM getting thrown out in Pallas studios cork street, there big ones too, I had no lift to collect them, the power up but I didnt have anything to test them

safetyboy wrote: »
    Theres 5 or six sony PVM getting thrown out in Pallas studios cork street, there big ones too, I had no lift to collect them, the power up but I didnt have anything to test them

Someone get them!

Here

Here

****.....they still there?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Someone save me one!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I’d love to give one of them a home as well.

****.....they still there?

going to collect a couple tomorrow, one powered up with the rgb colours no sound the otheres powered on but i had nothing to test them with. If i can grab a few I'll pass them on in the arcade sale thread for free first come first served etc, maybe to people who dont have a pvm get first dibs ???

They are friends of mine hence me getting them for free. are they easy to fix if there broken?

Master of the Universe

One of the top left is a BVM2016P like my one, that's the one to go for. It has a tray you can pull out with pots to adjust. Key is there too which is excellent.

Edit - I see this is a 2015p, wonder is there much of a difference?

Here's what was there

Ah great stuff man! Glad they are being saved

I hope I don't miss out!
    A 14" would be lovely to have
    But so would a 20"!
    *Fingers crossed*

Is there any good resources on line to test them out, I've a jp saturn and a jp pcengine to test and the usual n64 megadrive etc.

Size wouldn’t bother me too much. But it’s guaranteed to have a loving home with lots of Super Mario Kart Irish records set on it :)

Hopefully one will choose me to adopt it

Is there any good resources on line to test them out, I've a jp saturn and a jp pcengine to test and the usual n64 megadrive etc.

I’ve a Pal and Ntsc SNES with SMK that I could bring for testing if you would like.

SMK would show up picture quality straight away. And i have experience playing on crappy TVs at competitions

• Advertisement

Wouldn't mind one myself.....I have a project I've wanted to do for years with one of those.

Advertisement