Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ridiculous things your teachers said in school.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Religous education after I gave a cheeky answer that was technically correct, cant remember it, but she said out loud to a class of 14/15 year olds "you've got a lot of spunk".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"Live long and Prosper"

Said by the schools resident hardass. His daughter claims he was going to do the hand thing too

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Minera

I think everyone must have been told at some stage by a math teacher that "ye wont have a calculator everytime you need to divide" eh hello mobile phones....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Teacher : "Bring up your homework"
    Pupil : "Forgot it Sir"
    Teacher : "Still bring it up"

few slaps off teacher when he went up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Teacher sent me home when I was about 6 and told me to never come back, My Mother rang up to check my story and asked what did I do. Her response was "He did nothing, He did nothing, He did NOTHING, HE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" her pitch rose like an opera singer apparently, Can't blame her really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

First day in national school.

Our teacher, a former nun but permanent servant and number one fan of the good lord laid down the rule from day one.

"The boldest boy in the class every week has to sit beside Tom the tinker for the following week".

I think she slowly began to show signs of cracking up a few years later when parents began to notice that all the homework their kids got seemed to centre on the wisdom of the bible, and one child told of being repeatedly baptised by her in the classroom sink.

In true Irish fashion, rather than fucking her out on her ear, sans pension, she was quietly persuaded to take up residence back in her old convent where she could sit in an armchair facing the garden window and talk to God all day long by herself to her heart's content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Our science teacher used to say "there's a door there and there's a gate out further and why don't ye use them cos we have no time for wasters here."

Then if he saw someone writing on a desk he would say "would you do that to the coffee table at home now would you".

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

6th year Biology teacher - "I don't know why you're even taking notes, you're going to fail your exam!"

I ended up with a B2, in yo' face Mrs ********.

She was probably my favourite teacher though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Geog teacher in Newry CBS 1986, looking through a window at a British army spotter plane flying overhead: "I wonder what he's doing up there?"

Classmate of mine from the back row: "He's flying a plane sir." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

French teacher, first year, trying to get us to think outside the box: "Can anyone think of an English word that comes originally from French word cheval?"

After the obvious ones I stuck my hand up and said: "shovel".

The class of course went into hysterics and I was thrown out into the corridor. She obviously thought I was taking the piss. I wasn't; just didn't understand what she was looking for.

Anyway went home confused and somewhat upset and told my uncle. He of course laughed too and then said to me in front of my mother and siblings:

"Well you weren't completely wrong - you need a shovel to pick up the horse ****!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

"any of ye ever been to paris?"

"yeah we went there in second year on school tour"

"how did ye find it?"

"oh we didnt have to, one of the teachers knew where it was"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Principal; ''You can't wear that necklace to school any more. It's a health and safety hazard.''
    Kovu; ''But Sir, it's a necklace! The rules say nothing about that''
    (bear in mind Kovu had 7/8 piercings too)
    Principal; "It's a bloody miniature pair of handcuffs on a chain. That is not a necklace. Go down to the shop and buy yourself a bottle of cop on''

and

'Kovu can excel at subjects when she puts her mind to it. The problem is that she seems to lose it fairly often':pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stockey1994

Principal says to me on the last day of the junior cert "Mr.stockey I hope you have no intentions of returning next year because if you do we will be forced to call the guards"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

'I'll come down on you like a ton of bricks.'

'Ye're only fooling yerselves.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

In national school to one kid

Teacher: Why don't you just sit down and be good.
    Pupil: Mammy always gives me 20 pence when she wants me to be good.
    Teacher: Why can't you be like your father and be good for nothing.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Franciscan school - they bring in some fundamentalist bint to educate us about the evils of abortion & contraception. Best line out of her was that vasectomies cause heart disease because "all the sperms have to go somewhere"...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Funny, more than ridiculous.

My LC Biology teacher was an eccentric (but actually really sound and quite cool) nun.

We were doing plant biology and pollination and stuff like that and she announced that us girls in the class (co-ed school) were to be wary of any boys bringing us flowers. Why? Because they are plants' reproductive organs! Think of the subliminal message! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

"You won't get within an ass's roar of the Junior Cert boy".
    Not directed at me but still brilliant.

In French one day, the same teacher asked a guy for the phrase "I go cycling", the lad answered "je joue de cycle", the teacher responded with "you ... play .....cycling?...you PLAY cycling?...what...you literally pick the bike up and dropkick it over the bar?"

Legend of a teacher though.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

There is benefits to intermittent fasting for adults. Though not something you'd want children doing obviously.

Intermittent fasting but not by not eating for a day. Intermittent as in avoiding eating around the clock, but still eating during the day, not eating for a whole day is not good for your health.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Most of these teachers sound brilliant. And realistically you can't blame them for being a bit mental/agressive with their students. I'm sure half of you deserved a good clip around the ear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Deco99 wrote: »
    Religous education after I gave a cheeky answer that was technically correct, cant remember it, but she said out loud to a class of 14/15 year olds "you've got a lot of spunk".

Our (nun) religion teacher used to hate people being slagged - she wanted everybody to be able to express themselves without fear of being mocked.

So she used to say to a room of 13 year old boys; 'what do we hate? - KNOCKERS.'

Getting the class to shout out 'knockers' and absolutley delighted with the enthusiasm which we responded with.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

Career guidance nun - not in 1952!
    Now jandm, you got 100% in the technical part of the aptitude test and you're a girl....
    I know you are top of the class in music...
    You should be a nurse and you could play the piano in the nurses home to entertain the other girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

"I before E"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

On my 5th year school report:
    Blackhorse sits in English class as if he's waiting for a bus.

???

Also, secondary school, mid-eighties:

Teacher: You, stop running in the corridor! What year are you in?

Blackhorse: 1985 miss, what year are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I found it funny more than ridiculous.

"Mr o Sullivan if you don't stop clicking that pen I'll shove it so far up your backside you'll be sh**ing ink for a month"

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

If idiots could fly, you'd be a wing commander.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭Hoop66

In 4th year Biology, I did really well in the exam. My school report said "he kept his ability well hidden all term".

I cheated - a mate of mine saw his Biology teacher writing out the exam question and where he had put the paper. We broke into the labs that night and copied out the questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

pi = 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

I was shy in school, very, very shy. Got bullied a bit. A nightmare for me would be having to answer questions in front of everybody. One teacher used to make me do this a lot, he was doing it on purpose. He took a real dislike to me for some reason. I know this because of some of the things he said to me when he held me after class one day. In relation to this thread, those things were the ridiculous things a teacher said. Had a long effect though. Do I get one of those thread buzz killed awards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

A nun in my school told one of the girls that she was no good at school and the best job she could hope for was selling herself on the street corner!

Advertisement