Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pictures of your weatherstation site

• 03-02-2014 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Hi, would anyone be interested in posting pictures of there weatherstation site setup. Maybe give model of station been used and how do you find it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

You first. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

joujoujou wrote: »
    You first. ;)

Ok heres mine

IMAG1582.jpg

Ha haa

I will no problem when ive bought it and set it up. Im going to buy something this week but havent decided yet. Im rageing i havnt one at the moment with the weather were having.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Mine looks pretty much exactly as it does on the Maplin site!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Pic 1: 0-800.jpg

Pic 2: IMG_1669.JPG

South Laois. :)

Note: The Anemometer has since been moved away from the proximity of the power lines for safety reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Dont forget to add in the info on the station your using and how happy you are with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭pad199207

Danno wrote: »
    Pic 1: 0-800.jpg

Pic 2: IMG_1669.JPG

South Laois. :)

Note: The Anemometer has since been moved away from the proximity of the power lines for safety reasons.

Me was there !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

My AWS is the Davis Vantage Pro II that has been split for optimum performance. Very happy with the Davis and would recommend it to people who are considering a station to put in a good location (away from buildings and artificial surfaces)

There is also Met Eireann instruments on site as photographed. The Stevenson screen, grass thermometer and soil thermometers are along side the Davis thermometer (white pole) and Davis rain bucket (black bucket).

Before choosing a weather station, it is important to analyze the site you are putting it in. Concrete surfaces and walls will take from the accuracy, regardless of price. The cheaper stations sub-€200 have woeful accuracy in strong sunshine. Often a mild sunny May day of 17c or 18c will be reported as 25c->30c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Im tempted to get a home weather station too. But I only live a mile away from the Athenry weather station now, so it would be hard to get a station good enough to compete with it.

Advertisement