Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Hard Shoulder with Ivan Yates (interregnum)

1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Faugheen wrote: »
    He’s really not. He has zero time for the unions from what I can see. That’s not very PC or ‘woke’ as other Americanised posters like to put it.

Is he left of centre? Sure, but he isn’t this Ultra-lefty that others like to portray him as here.

You know you can be Liberal and not like the Unions. Liberalism in the American content is The Democratic Party of the US and The Liberal Part of Canada. Left-wing in Canada at least is their NDP party.

The closest to a Liberal party in Ireland was the Progressive Democrates, who'd have be right wing/conservative on economics >>> To an extend this is what FG have become.

I wouldn't consider him Left of Centre if he has zero time for the Unions. He's Liberal/Neo-Liberal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Faugheen wrote: »
    He’s really not. He has zero time for the unions from what I can see. That’s not very PC or ‘woke’ as other Americanised posters like to put it.

Is he left of centre? Sure, but he isn’t this Ultra-lefty that others like to portray him as here.

I said he's as PC as they come, that's more to do with culture than economics

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭monstermag

hamburgham wrote: »
    I think it’s a demotion for Kelly and a promotion for Cuddihy. Who on earth would want to get up at 4.30 in the morning.I can’t see it working (I find her annoying) and would say she’s on the way out. I like Shane though and hope she doesn’t drag the show down. Doubt if he’s thrilled about it.

Cuddihy is smarter than Coleman,a little bit off beat sometimes and not as strait laced, a bit more personality.I like him and hope it works.

I don’t think Andrea knows much about anything but is likeable so can only be a lightweight show which is what it was anyway.Have yet to hear an original thought.

"Cuddihy is smarter than Coleman" I'm not sure about that, personally l think Coleman is a lot sharper and a much better interviewer,altogether more professional. Some people find him boring, but l like his wit, it's not forced, more genuine.
    I wonder was he his decision to stay on breakfast or was he overlooked for the hard shoulder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Genghis

Overall, the new schedule is very weak, perhaps indicates Newstalk simply can't afford to attract talent and needs to make do with what they have.

Am a long term daily listener, for the first time I've nothing to tune in for at Breakfast or Drive. We are a long way from the days of Ivan and Chris in the morning, Hook in the evening.

Once PK retires they really will be weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

monstermag wrote: »
    I wonder was he his decision to stay on breakfast or was he overlooked for the hard shoulder?

I get the impression Shane was so grateful for them taking him on after the Tribune closed he's been willing to do whatever he's asked to ever since.

• Advertisement
Advertisement