Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StoneAgeGamer.com: are they reliable?

• 01-08-2020 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭

Been hunting for the Mega Everdrive X7 and so far the best and cheapest I've found is on StoneAgeGamer.

It's 165 + 30 for 5 day express shipping, and despite the potential to charge for customs later, it seems a bit too good to be true considering how awkward this thing is to get in Europe.

Anyone know of this shop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Any reason you're not using the official everdrive store(based in Ukraine)? I got a Mega Everdrive Pro from them the other day. Got stung in customs for €50, but you run that risk from StoneAgeGamer as well(think they are US based).

https://everdrive.me/cartridges/megax7.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Any reason you're not using the official everdrive store(based in Ukraine)? I got a Mega Everdrive Pro from them the other day. Got stung in customs for €50, but you run that risk from StoneAgeGamer as well(think they are US based).

https://everdrive.me/cartridges/megax7.html

I was intending on it but it was redirecting me to Amazon US and CA.

And EverDriveMe was giving me a window of up to 20 days delivery with the potential of that being double due to covid 19.

I dont wanna wait that long

I was intending on it but it was redirecting me to Amazon US and CA.

And EverDriveMe was giving me a window of up to 20 days delivery with the potential of that being double due to covid 19.

I dont wanna wait that long

Weird that it redirected you, doesn't do that for me now.
    Anyway, StoneAgeGamer is legit and I've got stuff from them in the past. Also, the Mega Everdrive Pro is a little bit more expensive but offers a lot more than the X7(Mega CD support etc). Just in case you hadn't looked into it.

Weird that it redirected you, doesn't do that for me now.
    Anyway, StoneAgeGamer is legit and I've got stuff from them in the past. Also, the Mega Everdrive Pro is a little bit more expensive but offers a lot more than the X7(Mega CD support etc). Just in case you hadn't looked into it.

I looked at the pro, but I honestly just wanted save-states so I could use it on my SG, so the X7 suited me down to the ground. Not a fan of the CD at all.

I didn't elaborate properly earlier on - I was in work and rushing around the place while trying to type at the same time lol

When I Googled Everdrive X7, it brought me to Krikzz's website, and it was there it gave me the three links, Amazon US, Amazon CA, and Everdrive.me.

I just swallowed it and bought it off the latter site, the one you showed me. If it takes over a month it takes over a month. At least I'll have it.

Import charges don't bother me. I'm willing to pay it even if it does sting.

I looked at the pro, but I honestly just wanted save-states so I could use it on my SG, so the X7 suited me down to the ground. Not a fan of the CD at all.

I didn't elaborate properly earlier on - I was in work and rushing around the place while trying to type at the same time lol

When I Googled Everdrive X7, it brought me to Krikzz's website, and it was there it gave me the three links, Amazon US, Amazon CA, and Everdrive.me.

I just swallowed it and bought it off the latter site, the one you showed me. If it takes over a month it takes over a month. At least I'll have it.

Import charges don't bother me. I'm willing to pay it even if it does sting.

It took just under 2 weeks to arrive in Ireland from Ukraine. When i say arrive I still dont have it, stuck in customs and I should have it Tuesday or Wednesday. 2 weeks from Ukraine is standard for nearly everything so I cant complain about that part of it(girlfriend is Ukrainian so we get stuff from Family etc).

• Advertisement

It took just under 2 weeks to arrive in Ireland from Ukraine. When i say arrive I still dont have it, stuck in customs and I should have it Tuesday or Wednesday. 2 weeks from Ukraine is standard for nearly everything so I cant complain about that part of it(girlfriend is Ukrainian so we get stuff from Family etc).

I emailed them to be sure and they told me 1-2 months. Oh well lol

I emailed them to be sure and they told me 1-2 months. Oh well lol

Maybe they are prioritising manufacturing of the Everdrive Pro? I'd cancel and get it elsewhere, no need to wait that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I have used Stoneaged gamer in the past, worked fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Absolutely no reason to buy an X7 when the pro is out, it is the upgrade. Mine took 3 weeks to arrive end I was not stung for customs so it only cost 180-ish. Also Stone age gamer is in the US is he not? which has its own amount of waiting.

Absolutely no reason to buy an X7 when the pro is out, it is the upgrade. Mine took 3 weeks to arrive end I was not stung for customs so it only cost 180-ish. Also Stone age gamer is in the US is he not? which has its own amount of waiting.

I've no interest in the latest and best version. I just want one with the save state feature. The X7 is the cheapest option in that regard so that's what I've went with.. I'll get the pro at some stage if I really see something that stands out to me in comparison, but right now the X7 is perfect

To respond to everyone else, the order has been processed already so it's done now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement