Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Shoot Out

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I'm not sure i'd go to this Shoot Out if i got free tickets and accomadation. At least at home on tv you can hit the mute or change over for a bit. Only fun but like a few on here i see myself as a traditionalist and if i'm paying hard earned money to watch this great sport it wont be to the infamous Shoot Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Still a few could knock ronnie out i think. Zhou Yeulong only has to reach the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yea Zhou in the final, or McGill, Woolaston, Holt win and they overtake him.

Still probably in Ron's favour, but not by very much.

Seems to me, and only very general observation on watching a few games, that key to this format is patience. Attacking players not necessarily the best approach and results seem to bear it out. Maybe this year an anomaly though.

• Advertisement

'Mike Dunn's a good billiards player,' says Neal Foulds. Words i didn't think i'd ever here again about a current player.

Rubbish safety from Lines. The Sheriff of Pottingham has always had a nice, compact cue action. Feathers the ball too much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

Rubbish safety from Lines. The Sheriff of Pottingham has always had a nice, compact cue action. Feathers the ball too much though.

Different strokes for different folks, Hamilton feathers to suit his timing, Higgins normally strikes on the fourth, Ebdon changed his timing to striking on 8+ and duly wins the U.K. and world championship.

FR01 wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks, Hamilton feathers to suit his timing, Higgins normally strikes on the fourth, Ebdon changed his timing to striking on 8+ and duly wins the U.K. and world championship.

I remember Ebdon was excrutiating to watch feathering the ball so much. Higgins i never noticed to be honest. Only two i did was Ebdon and Hamilton. I meant Hamilton feathers the cue ball so close ive seen him hit the cue ball by a mistake. He actually did it in the Northern Ireland Open semi final or final at a crucial moment. It was ridiculous to lose a big game like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ronnie an underdog to get in now I think.

• Advertisement

Crowd seem more subdued than previous years. I wonder will this ranking tournament remain for many years to come? Personally i wouldn't miss it if it ended tomorrow.

Good on the hitman anyway, happy for him, one of the game's good guys.

Congrats to Holty. Seems a decent skin. That's the end of the Shoot Out for another year. Time for 'real' snooker again.

Well done Michael Holt. I’ve got a lot of time for Michael Holt, his own worst enemy and critic at times but a very popular lad on the tour.

Congrats to Holty. Seems a decent skin. That's the end of the Shoot Out for another year. Time for 'real' snooker again.

Not long to wait, players championship tomorrow. Not sure is holt expected to field again tomorrow against judd, not sure of match schedule.

Not long to wait, players championship tomorrow. Not sure is holt expected to field again tomorrow against judd, not sure of match schedule.

Holt plays Trump Tuesday evening 7pm

Advertisement