Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not Secure Your connection is not Private

Options
  • 16-11-2017 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I get this error when I attempt to access the amazon.co.uk site. I use MS Surface Pro Windows 10 fully updated, Chrome, Edge, Firefox browsers updated. I use Malwarebytes, Windows Defender and Avast. I also use CCLeaner. I have tried to access while turning off all antivirus also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭swampgas

Gerry1995 wrote: »
    I get this error when I attempt to access the amazon.co.uk site. I use MS Surface Pro Windows 10 fully updated, Chrome, Edge, Firefox browsers updated. I use Malwarebytes, Windows Defender and Avast. I also use CCLeaner. I have tried to access while turning off all antivirus also.

Might be worth checking if CCleaner is the problem:

https://www.howtogeek.com/326742/ccleaner-was-hacked-what-you-need-to-know/

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Gerry1995

I only started using CCleaner when I first got this problem about a month ago and a combination of running CC, Avast and MS Defender sorted the problem. I have check the version as per your link (thank you) and it seems ok. Running all of the above now does not fix my problem

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Avast breaks every HTTPS connection your machine makes. When it screws up(it inevitably does) then you get errors like that.

So, I have uninstalled Avast rebooted and still have the problem

Is it just for amazon.co.uk or are other https sites affected as well?

• Advertisement

So far only Amazon. I can access it on another Win 10 pc I have here

Gerry1995 wrote: »
    So far only Amazon. I can access it on another Win 10 pc I have here

Compare the info you get when you check the security information on the two windows systems. In Firefox you click the green lock icon and drill down to the certificate. If you are seeing the same certificate on both?

Under certificate details will be a certificate hierarchy. Check if these are different.

Is one certificate showing up as trusted and one not?

Both should be the same. I'm wondering if some of your root certificates have been deleted? Or worse, if a bogus root cert has been installed ...

Ok, solved. I was using a dns proxy with fixed dns ip address. when I let it get DNS ip address automatically it works fine.
    Many thank to all for advice.

Advertisement