Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

spider identification

Options
  • 26-08-2015 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

anyone know what type of spider this is,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I can't help identify it, but I can suggest that, no matter what it is, someone will assert that it's a false widow. That seems to be the way of things in this forum!

In Oz, got bitten/stung by something while sitting in the garden - thought it was an ant. Turned to see a small black spider it was quite aggressive. I found nests with hundreds of tiny ones hanging out in the nest/webs. Then I spotted 3 huge feckers the size of my palm

IMGP2476_zpsrxh97tzp.jpg
    IMGP2471_zpsy6klqzgu.jpg

The bite only hurt for a minute then was fine, I`ve been spraying the garden with spider killer since and a few minutes after you spray...........then they come out because they have been disturbed and only then do you realise just how many of them there are.......

:O

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭virino

Called the Mouse Spider because of its colouring. Scotophaeus blackwalli. Known to give a nip.

Advertisement