Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't eat mustard any more. Devastated! :(

• 17-10-2016 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

As the title says. Long time lover of mustard. Sandwiches, salads, just for dipping, you name it, I find a way to mustardize it.

However, for the last year any time I eat it, I get mild stomach cramps after it. The yummyness of the mustard is nearly worth the pain except the cramps go on for nearly an hour. Never happened me with any food before and I don't have any history of ulcers. Mentioned it to my gp recently and he said those dreaded words-

"SO STOP EATING MUSTARD"

:eek::eek::eek:

Need sympathy or solutions please :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,743 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Does this happen with all mustards? Have you tried milder versions or toning it down with, say, mayonnaise?

Please accept a big, yellow Colman's jar-shaped bucket of sympathy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Maybe in your longterm enthusiasm for mustard you have used more and more until you have reached your tolerance level? I like a bit of mustard, but it is just a small smear that accents the flavour of what I am eating. Maybe give it up for a month then re-introduce but on a very reduced level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I've tried giving it up for a while but it didn't help :(

However, I never thought to change brands! I will try that and report back.

Couldn't face christmas and a barrage of turkey, ham and lamb sarnies with no mustard :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Get yourself some artisan mustard in Fallon & Byrne, or at the very least a good Dijon, those kind of mustardy goodness couldn't possibly give you cramps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I am happy to report that changing brands solved the problem for me :D

Christmas is saved!! :D

• Advertisement

I am happy to report that changing brands solved the problem for me :D

Christmas is saved!! :D

Delighted for you- what did you switch to?

Advertisement